ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Session 3 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

If we want others to get stall calls , you need to be offense and shoot. Hopefully at 141 , he is that aggressive way we know he can be

Reactions: backdrft76
those interns seem to cleaning the mat with the UV machine. I wonder if willie and corby gave them a crash course before using

• Haha
Reactions: Ski and nittinsc
Wish Beau the best. An off season of finding his trigger I hope.

He developed a defensive style trying to keep all the 49 matches close. I’m not sure 41 will alter that too much without some major psychological work.!

Reactions: backdrft76
157 lbs. Consi Round 2
16 B Berge vs 15 J Lovett

Lots of action early. Berge gets in on a deep shot… Lovett holding on and they stalemate it. Too bad. Looked like something he’d be able to finish, at least at first. No score through 2 mins. Another deep shot by Berge. Gets leg up high, trips and finishes! 2-0 Berge. Quick escape makes it 2-1. Period ends 2-1.

Berge chooses bottom. Lovett riding tight but Berge gets to his feet and out after 17 secs. 3-1 Berge. Lovett trying for underhooks but Berge doesn’t give them. Lovett with an okay shot but Berge is able to stiff it. Berge then gets off a decent shot and Lovett stops him. OOB. Lovett maybe could have been called for backing out but wasn’t. 3-1 after two.

Lovett rolls and Berge unable to stay with him and it’s a reversal. 3-3. Berge escapes. 4-3 Berge. Riding time not a factor. 1 min to go now. Berge goes defensive. I’d rather he engage. 16 secs to go OOB. Stalling on Berge. 4-3 Berge wins!

Last edited:
BB falls to Thomas ending his season. Beau has the tools to really jump levels next year. I've mentioned it countless times about his positioning and his stamina. He showed he can keep it close with just about everyone, however keeping it close and beating those guys are two different things. He was able to beat Parco this year so we know he can do it. His problem has been his lack of offense. I am sure that will be a point of focus in the off season. Going back down to 41 could pay dividends, however if he doesn't pull the trigger, we could be in for more of the same. I truly believe he has the potential to be a high caliber AA in the coming years. Cael and Co have done a great job of developing guys and getting them to overcome their "weaknesses". Keep competing Beau!

Nice win by Brady. Glad him keeping his back to the OOB line didn't cost him. Probably should have walked back to center killed a couple more seconds.

Berge guts out a win. It may not have been pretty, and he may have looked pretty tired, but advancing is the key. Giving up that late escape in the first is something he will have to clean up to get to AA status. Keep rolling!

Reactions: LDandy and mcpat
I want Alex to win but that wasn’t stalling as he fled the mat?

ADVERTISEMENT