ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Questions.....looking for answers

bigbopper1985

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2003
1. Who are the team leaders? I don't mean "captains". Who rallies the troops and is a voice in the huddle to fire up the team and keep them focused? I just don't see it. Trace leads by example and probably is vocal. Beyond him, who leads?

2. Realistically, on the starting defense.....do we have any players who project to playing in the NFL. I would expect Amari O to get a real shot. Outside projecting freshman Parsons who else? Before the season I would have thought Simmons and Gross-Matos, maybe Miller or Givens.

3. Other than Hamler and Friedenmuth (sp) who else does Trace have confidence in throwing the ball to? I hold my breath every time he throws the ball to Polk and Tompkins and Johnson because it becomes a 50/50 shot to catch a ball that hits them in the hands.

4. Have we thrown a screen pass this season? I don't recall one but Ohio State and Michigan State both took advantage of our aggressive pass rush to get long gains. Why can't we?

Answers
1. Nick Scott on defense, he stinks on D besides some big hits. Good Special teams player, lead footed safety
2. AO is projected by many as a top 20 pick in the draft. I'm surprised as you. Preseason I saw names like Juwan Johnson (laugh) and Connor McGovern even Ryan Bates in the 2nd or even 1st round. Not seeing that much anymore.
3. KJ Hamler is our Saquon Barkley this year. He is uncover able and yet this staff continues to rotate WRs as if they are playing Kent St. And when he's on the field, he doesn't get the ball. JJ and Deandre T have played like absolute DOGS all year, pathetic.
4. Screen passes not part of Rahne's offense, the backward passes to the LION backup QB served a better purpose in our biggest game of the year on the opening couple of drives, costing us 3-11 points.

ADVERTISEMENT