ADVERTISEMENT

Serial Season One News

Saw that. Should be very interesting. Can't wait for more updates on the podcast.

If you listen to the Undisclosed podcast, which is run by lawyers, they said previously that who ever won or lost this would appeal the decision. So this may go through another round of appeal.

If you listen to the Undisclosed podcast, which is run by lawyers, they said previously that who ever won or lost this would appeal the decision. So this may go through another round of appeal.

Yes, I saw this morning the State of Maryland will appeal. I hope Adnan's lawyer can get him out on bail in the meantime. One of the Undisclosed lawyers is being given credit for uncovering the cell phone tower evidence that swayed the judge to throw the conviction out.

After listening to Serial, I was still undecided about his guilt but reasonable doubt seemed to be all over that case so still no idea how he was convicted. Cases could be made for other suspects but what was lacking in everything was actual motive.

The Undisclosed podcast (although driven by his cousin) had a lot of more in depth nuggets like the cell phone records cover page, the new boyfriend's mom being his boss and alibi, condition and health of Gutierez, etc..

The actions of the police and prosecutors only muddied those waters too.

Adnan Syad just granted a new trial.

Interesting! I saw this last night on EW.com and they included some of the stuff discovered/revealed in the Undisclosed podcast I haven't listened to. I think they knew a good time ago the cell phone tower pings were unreliable with regard to 'incoming' calls (and those were the calls that the prosecution used to put Adnan at Leakin Park the day of the murder). They also strongly suggest Jay was the source of the mysterious 'CrimeStopper' call that told police to 'look at the boyfriend'. Will we know for sure who was paid the CrimeStopper reward? I now believe Jay is involved in a bigger way that he claims. But, I am also not sure Adnan is 100% innocent (Why whisper 'You're Pathetic' to Jay when Jay took the stand in the previous trial? That's out of Adnan's character, isn't it? To me, that suggest something more.) I do think there wasn't enough evidence to convict Adnan the first time. I'd say he's innocent if it weren't for hanging out with Jay so much the day of the murder.

Let me add that I think it was a slight to Sarah Koenig and the Serial team for not being recognized by Adnan's new lawyer as helping get him a new trial. If not for Serial and Sarah, Adnan's case goes nowhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT