ADVERTISEMENT

Seniors

4 teams made the CFP at least 4 of 7 years from 15-21 (bama - 6, clemson - 6, tosu - 4, oklahoma - 4). that's 20 out of 28 spots taken by only 4 teams. nearly 3 out of 4 every year for 7 years.

during the first year of NIL, only 1 of them made the CFP. obviously 1 year doesn't make a trend but to say that we're getting top heavy NOW is ignoring most of the last decade.
I think we will know far more on how this plays out over the next 3 -4 years. It will depend on how schools allow NILs to be used and the big business behind it. In football Michigan State had almost 20 kids transfer in last year. Did they take advantage of the NILs to entice those kids.?? I'm not saying what they did was wrong.
Another example involves RBY. It sounds like he was denied an opportunity to make some money on a sports drink that was in compition with a Penn State endorsed product. Do all schools deem that situation the same.?

The $500K per player does not pass the sniff test.
Read the book, it was for top players/recruits, I have no idea if true or not. Just like the NIL $1.5 mil NIL deal, it was for the top QB recruit in the country. HBO Real Sports did a story 5 to 10 years ago where ex college football players went on the record detailing the gym bags of cash they received. Of course the NCAA refused to investigate.

Evan Wick (CP)
Alex Marinelli (IA)
Jake Wentzel (PITT)
Zach Hartman (BUCK)
Anthony Valencia (ASU)

I believe Wentzel has another year if he wants it. Pretty sure I saw that somewhere besides my imagination :)
With Bonacorsi, Matthews, Philippi and some good incoming.....they might climb a bit

Evan Wick (CP)
Alex Marinelli (IA)
Jake Wentzel (PITT)
Zach Hartman (BUCK)
Anthony Valencia (ASU)

I believe Wentzel has another year if he wants it. Pretty sure I saw that somewhere besides my imagination :)
With Bonacorsi, Matthews, Philippi and some good incoming.....they might climb a bit
This was Wentzel's 6th year.

Evan Wick (CP)
Alex Marinelli (IA)
Jake Wentzel (PITT)
Zach Hartman (BUCK)
Anthony Valencia (ASU)

This was Wentzel's 6th year.
What El-Jefe said. The only thing that could give Wentzel hope for another year is that he was injured parts of two seasons, albeit pretty late in the game during both (2017 & 2019). He does not meet the current criteria, but then the NCAA has moved that bar without changing the rule book.

ADVERTISEMENT