ADVERTISEMENT

SEC schools to have fans

SEC is a mans league. I knew they would play with fans come he’ll or high water... just like I knew the B10 would fold. The B10 programs are sheep and sheep get slaughtered. SEC, ACC, Big12, and ND are clearly the heavyweight leagues in college athletics. B10 is now just as irrelevant as the Pac12... might as well start playing games at 11pm in 2022 when we have COVID vaccine and it is safe for these ADULTS to play football. I’m not going to hold my breath.

B1G and Wack 12 thought they'd coerce everybody into folding by making a decision to postpone til 2021 in mid August and ND SEC and crew were like "nah"

I agree. Not only did the B1G cancel pointlessly early and the B1G looks foolish as a result, but the B1G also looks foolish because they thought they were some kind of leader that everyone would follow and then it turned out everyone ignored them. They have no football and they've been embarrassed too.

There are more cases/deaths in the South, and we can't even have a season while they have fans?

In the SEC, IT JUST MEANS MORE
giphy-downsized.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU
I agree. Not only did the B1G cancel pointlessly early and the B1G looks foolish as a result, but the B1G also looks foolish because they thought they were some kind of leader that everyone would follow and then it turned out everyone ignored them. They have no football and they've been embarrassed too.
And the B10 cancelled non conference games which f***** the other leagues. PSU should have to pay VT big $$$ for breach of contract.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
Why wait til November to start laughing? 🤡

Apparently multiple media outlets have reached out to Kevin Warren without even a response. It's like the guy just unplugged his phone. Coaches and ADs are pi$$ed because there is no direction or communication from the Conference. Teddy Greenstein tweeted that a vote will be this weekend at the earliest. Sunday or Monday is possible.

This is how a Conference that brags about its academics, brains, and elite pedigree handles a crisis. While the "bumpkins" in the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 are playing games this weekend, the "brainiacs" in the Big Ten will be hiding in their basements, afraid of their shadows, trying to figure out how to tie their shoes.

Kevin Warren has actually been an outstanding recruiting asset!!!!!! (For Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, and West Virginia)..

While the "bumpkins" in the SEC, ACC, and Big 12 are playing games this weekend, the "brainiacs" in the Big Ten will be hiding in their basements, afraid of their shadows, trying to figure out how to tie their shoes
If you're going to have a kinds of fake outrage, at least get your facts straight. The SEC isn't playing this weekend. In fact, they aren't playing next weekend either.

And to make it worse, even now when they know they made a mistake, they won’t fix it out of arrogance.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
B1G and Wack 12 thought they'd coerce everybody into folding by making a decision to postpone til 2021 in mid August and ND SEC and crew were like "nah"

I agree. Just my guess. But my guess is that the B1G and Pac12 went political on this virus. They assumed that once they cancelled the SEC, Big12 and ACC would fall into line and follow. Instead, those 3 + ND went the other way. They decided to play. And the politically motivated decision by B1G and Pac12 back-fired on them. After it back-fired they really were left with 2 choices. 1 was to back-track and decide to play (this makes them look really stupid). And the other was to actually "root for the virus", and kind of root for positive cases and the SEC-Big12 & ACC to have to cancel (thus making you look smart). This

There are more cases/deaths in the South, and we can't even have a season while they have fans?

Why shouldn't they have fans? ---Stay away if you're high risk . Otherwise minimize your exposure (doesn't mean quarantine) and wash your hands. the demographic below 25 is 99.9+% non fatal...and not much worse below 60. --a healthy immune system is the best weapon you have. Use it and gain immunity. It is significantly worse to be isolated ( on so many levels). --That said, the stadiums should not be packed. 25-50% probably not unreasonable

Last edited:
If you're going to have a kinds of fake outrage, at least get your facts straight. The SEC isn't playing this weekend. In fact, they aren't playing next weekend either.

HAA!!! Ok. Let's give Pearl the Semantics Prize!!!!!! The ACC and Big 12 teams will be playing this weekend. The SEC only announced how many people would be ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE GAMES...................IN PERSON!!!!!! : ^ )

There. Does that make you feel better? : ^ )

HAA!!! Ok. Let's give Pearl the Semantics Prize!!!!!! The ACC and Big 12 teams will be playing this weekend. The SEC only announced how many people would be ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE GAMES...................IN PERSON!!!!!! : ^ )

There. Does that make you feel better? : ^ )
The OP is about fans at SEC games. I repeat, this thread is about fans at SEC games which don't start for 3 weeks. That's not semantics. The SEC won't have fans in seats for 3 weeks. Get your facts straight.

The OP is about fans at SEC games. I repeat, this thread is about fans at SEC games which don't start for 3 weeks. That's not semantics. The SEC won't have fans in seats for 3 weeks. Get your facts straight.

OK Hans Brinker (or maybe I should say Clark Griswold). Keep sticking your finger in that dam. Kevin Warren will be showing up to save us soon!!! : ^ )

You are correct but I think you know that wasn't the point in the first place.

you could easily have 25% capacity at Beaver stadium and maintain 6' distance. , Heck, you could easily have 50% with minimal issues. 50% means nobody is sitting besides you or in front of you. Plus it is outside (as we have seen from the protests outside is not a super spreader event). risk of exposure is nearly zero.

And to make it worse, even now when they know they made a mistake, they won’t fix it out of arrogance.

I agree. I believe it's arrogance and even worse, they are now in the position of siding with "wanting coronavirus" to win, just to save face. I 100% agree with what you said. I believe the B1G and Pac12 conspired to cancel. The timing is just coincidental. We are talking decisions that cost schools & communities $50-$100 million per year, yet the B1G and Pac12 can both simultaneously produce decisions to cancel within about 6 hours of each other. ... Ahhh OK. Sure.

I believe these two got together (based on the timing), figured that if they cancelled the other Power 5 conferences would "have" to follow. This blew up in their faces. As we all know, the other Power 5 conferences did not follow. The other Power 5 conferences went the other way and included ND and a few other conferences and some independents.

This left the B1G & Pac12 with a choice. They could back-track, reverse their decision. And like you said, this is hard for them to do out of arrogance. Or, they can root for coronavirus to make them look smart. The B1G, Pac12 and several posters on this board are all cheerleaders for coronavirus.

Clearly the b1g cares about the well-being of athletes and fans more than the sec.

I agree. Just my guess. But my guess is that the B1G and Pac12 went political on this virus. They assumed that once they cancelled the SEC, Big12 and ACC would fall into line and follow. Instead, those 3 + ND went the other way. They decided to play. And the politically motivated decision by B1G and Pac12 back-fired on them. After it back-fired they really were left with 2 choices. 1 was to back-track and decide to play (this makes them look really stupid). And the other was to actually "root for the virus", and kind of root for positive cases and the SEC-Big12 & ACC to have to cancel (thus making you look smart). This
I’m sure it is just coincidence that PAC12 and B1G are the only P5 with the majority of schools in “blue” states!? Just like it is a coincidence that Neb, Iowa and OSU are the three that voted for a season. (Sorry ... can’t post image from my phone)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states#/media/File:Red_state,_blue_state.svg

Reactions: McCloudersportLion
I’m sure it is just coincidence that PAC12 and B1G are the only P5 with the majority of schools in “blue” states!? Just like it is a coincidence that Neb, Iowa and OSU are the three that voted for a season. (Sorry ... can’t post image from my phone)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states#/media/File:Red_state,_blue_state.svg

Yes. And I'm also sure it was just a pure coincidence that a decision as large as cancelling a football season with $50-100 million per year in ramifications just happened simultaneously in the B1G and Pac12. We are not talking about a decision like adding a logo to a jersey. We are talking about a decision that impacts tens of millions of dollars. Yet we are to believe that the Pac 12 was ready with their decision to cancel about 3 hours after the B1G ... and those two had no collusion. Just a coincidence.

Slow learners down south. Their season may make it 5-6 weeks before the amount of postponed and cancelled games make them realize their experiment is over. More starting players will get quarantined or drop out. It is just a matter of time.

Slow learners down south. Their season may make it 5-6 weeks before the amount of postponed and cancelled games make them realize their experiment is over. More starting players will get quarantined or drop out. It is just a matter of time.
Right. Bwahahaha.

Right. Bwahahaha.

Amazing to me how some people are actually "rooting for coronavirus". These people are "rooting" for the SEC, Big12, ND, ACC... to fail. Amazing to me. I have discovered life is so much better when you are on the positive side. Root for things to succeed, root for things do go well, root for success.... makes life better. What we have on this board, are people who are rooting for these other conferences to fail. Amazing.

You think the people who run Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Duke and Wake Forest are ‘slow learners.’ Pretty sure they would all run circles, intelligence wise, around the big ten decision makers.

MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, PGA Tour, Tennis, soccer and rugby in Europe- all going along just fine. Even though the doom and gloomers said they wouldn’t work either. Keep holding on to hope!

You think the people who run Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Duke and Wake Forest are ‘slow learners.’ Pretty sure they would all run circles, intelligence wise, around the big ten decision makers.

MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, PGA Tour, Tennis, soccer and rugby in Europe- all going along just fine. Even though the doom and gloomers said they wouldn’t work either. Keep holding on to hope!

Funny. I made same comment to some other "people in South are stupid" type of moron the other day. Dope was saying how the South is stupid and how the medical experts in the B1G are just so much more knowledgeable.... I asked him if he thought any of the B1G schools had a medical school as highly rated as Duke Medical? How about Rice? How about Vanderbilt? how about Virginia? .....

Yea, look at the schools who signed off on playing: Duke, Vanderbilt, Wake Forrest, Notre Dame, Virginia, Naval Academy, West Point ...... Yup, the schools have nothing on the geniuses at Penn State.

On the bright side, I can catch up on field hockey games from 2013 on BTN.

Amazing to me how some people are actually "rooting for coronavirus". These people are "rooting" for the SEC, Big12, ND, ACC... to fail. Amazing to me. I have discovered life is so much better when you are on the positive side. Root for things to succeed, root for things do go well, root for success.... makes life better. What we have on this board, are people who are rooting for these other conferences to fail. Amazing.

The really amazing thing is that there are other message boards who are much worse about rooting for COVID than this one. It has taken some time here, but you are starting to see more and more people come around to reality here. It’s actually somewhat encouraging.

The really amazing thing is that there are other message boards who are much worse about rooting for COVID than this one. It has taken some time here, but you are starting to see more and more people come around to reality here. It’s actually somewhat encouraging.
Who is rooting for covid? smh

Reactions: PSUDefensiveC6969
I agree. I believe it's arrogance and even worse, they are now in the position of siding with "wanting coronavirus" to win, just to save face. I 100% agree with what you said. I believe the B1G and Pac12 conspired to cancel. The timing is just coincidental. We are talking decisions that cost schools & communities $50-$100 million per year, yet the B1G and Pac12 can both simultaneously produce decisions to cancel within about 6 hours of each other. ... Ahhh OK. Sure.

I believe these two got together (based on the timing), figured that if they cancelled the other Power 5 conferences would "have" to follow. This blew up in their faces. As we all know, the other Power 5 conferences did not follow. The other Power 5 conferences went the other way and included ND and a few other conferences and some independents.

This left the B1G & Pac12 with a choice. They could back-track, reverse their decision. And like you said, this is hard for them to do out of arrogance. Or, they can root for coronavirus to make them look smart. The B1G, Pac12 and several posters on this board are all cheerleaders for coronavirus.
I think the league followed the ivies again (as everyone did in BB last March). After that mess, it was presumed the smarties were right and were the leader to follow.

The Boopers and Scoopers (Bigly and Patsy west) presumed everyone would do the same all over.

Ooops.

BTW, someone mentioned the AD's being pissed about lack of direction... I think Warren has made his position/direction perfectly clear and is rooting hard for the virus so he winds up looking smart for pulling out.

Provided schools are going to focus on "cases" (lmao) instead of symptoms (and/or worse) it should be easy to get the outcome he appears to prefer. [And hey, maybe he's just embarrassed and doesn't know what the hell to do now. A vote for playing gets him off the hook. imo, of course.]

EDIT: when I say "root for the virus" that isn't to imply he wants kids in the hospital and dying. Unlike anytime in the past, in today's nutshow we now label someone who tests positive (or do they... hard to say with all the false positives) as being a "case" even where there are zero symptoms. So all it takes is a whole mess of "cases" and everyone freaks out.

I do not mean to wholly downplay the signficance of testing positive, either, as that person is now capable of infecting others who might well become quite ill. But in the 18-25 year old college world, those having adverse reactions to covid-19 are still in an overwhelming minority. Pray it stays that way.

Last edited:
you could easily have 25% capacity at Beaver stadium and maintain 6' distance. , Heck, you could easily have 50% with minimal issues. 50% means nobody is sitting besides you or in front of you. Plus it is outside (as we have seen from the protests outside is not a super spreader event). risk of exposure is nearly zero.
The problem isn't the seats it's aisles, restrooms, food service, etc.

Wear a mask, just like you do when you walk down the aisle of a grocery store or wait in line to get your takeout dinner
How about when you're checking out at the grocery store and they have stickers spacing you 6 feet in front or behind but you're standing right next to the person in the next line over? 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT