ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket question.

As I found out at the Auburn game. Tickets I transferred at “face” to nephew ended up in the hands of Tiger fans. I asked what they paid and it was almost 3 times the original cost. Perhaps the wise denizens of this board can relay to me an appropriate response to my nephew.
If I did that shit to one of my uncles, they'd have stripped me down and made me wrestle them naked in the basement...

As I found out at the Auburn game. Tickets I transferred at “face” to nephew ended up in the hands of Tiger fans. I asked what they paid and it was almost 3 times the original cost. Perhaps the wise denizens of this board can relay to me an appropriate response to my nephew.
Give him a peck on the cheek, and in your best Michael Corleone voice, whisper to him, ‘I know it was you Fredo’….

You can correct the name, but that should drive your point home 😎

I think we are all just being a bunch of smart asses now but in all sincerity... next time you have extra tickets to give away, wave those digital tix in your nephew's face and say, "these bitches are going to johnstownsteel."

Give him a peck on the cheek, and in your best Michael Corleone voice, whisper to him, ‘I know it was you Fredo’….

You can correct the name, but that should drive your point home 😎
FIFY
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ja1339
What does it mean on the season ticket renewal when it asks if you wish to release your tickets? And what is the spooky nook match?
I had a confusing conversation on this with a ticket rep. "Release" means cancel your order. A VERY strange thing to go through to renew the tickets. I had to go back and forth with the ticket rep a few times to understand. The order forms and the rep used very confusing language.

Reactions: JimNazium
Yes..sorry, I should have followed up. I renewed online and hit "yes" to release them. It then asked me which tickets. I took that to mean that "releasing" them was not re-ordering them. I then opened a new browser and went through the process again and selected "no". That would be a $hitty way to lose your tix. :0(

Anyone hear when “extra” BJC wrestling tickets will be available to season ticket holder’s? TIA

Yes..sorry, I should have followed up. I renewed online and hit "yes" to release them. It then asked me which tickets. I took that to mean that "releasing" them was not re-ordering them. I then opened a new browser and went through the process again and selected "no". That would be a $hitty way to lose your tix. :0(
It’s absolutely unnecessary. You release your tickets simply by…um….not buying them by the deadline. And who EVER went on to a website to say “no, I don’t want them. I know I have an invoice so I decided that even tho I don’t want them i was curious to see what the site was all about”

This isn’t the first time for wrestling or football or hockey, and each time im amazed by the question itself. I get on a site because an invoice is due and I WANT the tickets.

Still. Like others have said, in the event of a scenario I currently can’t imagine, “cancel” is the accepted term and no royalties are paid for using it.

Reactions: FineMaterial
in the event of a scenario I currently can’t imagine
Releasing tickets is not an all or nothing proposition.

Imagine this... One has four season tickets. Two of those tickets were purchased for use by a son and grandson. However circumstances cause their family moves cross country. In this scenaro, one can release two tickets and keep two tickets.

Releasing tickets early gives the university more time to sell the season ticket to a party on the waitlist when compared to simply not paying an invoice at the due date.

Early release reduces the time to complete other ticketing activities like additional BJC tickets, NLC pre-sales and public sales, including for standing room only tickets.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
It is not an issue of giving them up. The problem is how the question is worded. Nobody could possibly know what they are talking about with the vague wording in that question, and in case you haven't noticed, there are a great number of older fans(the great ones that have followed the team for many years) holding season tix that may not be tech savvy enough to figure it out before their tix are gone.

Releasing tickets is not an all or nothing proposition.

Imagine this... One has four season tickets. Two of those tickets were purchased for use by a son and grandson. However circumstances cause their family moves cross country. In this scenaro, one can release two tickets and keep two tickets.

Releasing tickets early gives the university more time to sell the season ticket to a party on the waitlist when compared to simply not paying an invoice at the due date.

Early release reduces the time to complete other ticketing activities like additional BJC tickets, NLC pre-sales and public sales, including for standing room only tickets.
Excellent example. Thanks!!

and there could be better, more commonly used wording..

"Extra" BJC Tickets, for season ticket holders and NLC members should be available on November 4th. Season ticket holders SHOULD get an email. I say SHOULD because many season ticket holders DID NOT get a renewal notice by email. Some did.

Is anyone else's tickets showing up in your account yet? Renewed mine last week and still nothing. My credit card was charged and cleared by last Friday.

Is anyone else's tickets showing up in your account yet? Renewed mine last week and still nothing. My credit card was charged and cleared by last Friday.
Called the ticket office today and they said it takes a couple of weeks to show up. Confirmed the 11/4 BJC sale. Said up to 10 tickets per season ticket holder. Tan Tom will not be happy.

I would really like to know if Mr and Mrs Suriano got season tickets? That would sure answer some lineup questions. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT