ADVERTISEMENT

Football Sean Clifford named Big Ten co-offensive player of the week

I have often questioned Clifford's play, but never his desire to succeed and moxie. Gotta gives props when due. That final drive was textbook execution on his part and the whole offense.
Unfortunately, it was needed because he previously overthrew a receiver, and it was intercepted and returned for a go-ahead touchdown.

I have often questioned Cliffords play, but never his desire to succeed and moxie. Gotta give props when due. That final drive was text book execution on his part and the whole offense.
hopefully after 15 yrs in the system one can get it right

Throw away the interception, and he had a great game. He even had numerous passes dropped. KLS has big play potential as he showed, but he needs to get his $%#@ together in terms of catching the ball first.

Granted Cliff had three consecutive bad possessions in the 4th quarter. But, he did get his head straight for the final drive.

Right now, Cliff is the best option IMO, If we start any type of losing streak, you may as well go with the freshman in order to get him experience.

Reactions: Obliviax
Throw away the interception, and he had a great game. He even had numerous passes dropped. KLS has big play potential as he showed, but he needs to get his $%#@ together in terms of catching the ball first.

Granted Cliff had three consecutive bad possessions in the 4th quarter. But, he did get his head straight for the final drive.

Right now, Cliff is the best option IMO, If we start any type of losing streak, you may as well go with the freshman in order to get him experience.
Agreed. There is quantitative and qualitative evidence. He didn't play a great game, in my eyes, but the quantitative analysis tells a different story. SC had a 75.4 QB rating from ESPN while O'Connell had a 69.4 rating. FWIW, Allar had a 41.7 rating.

SC was also leading an undefeated team last year headed into Iowa (ranked very highly). We had good wins against wiscy and Auburn while kicking Iowa's butt until he got hurt. The team then spiraled after that game.

In the end, it is now SCs team until it is clear that it is not. If we lose two games out of the next four, it is time to play Allar; by that I mean it is time to play for the future no 2022.

Reactions: SR108
As you can tell through my previous posts on different threads, I really like Clifford. PSU should consider itself fortunate that he decided to return - in turn giving their younger QBs more time to develop

He's right behind John Cappelletti and Saquan as my all-time favorite PSU players. All 3 reeked with class and should be admired by every Lion fan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT