ADVERTISEMENT

Scrap the East-West Divisions and Divisions entirely

MSU gets screwed there IMO.
If OSU and MSU don't like playing all three other east powers then they can scrap their series and OSU could add UMD and MSU could add RU (they play for a trophy called the Situation Trophy? anyway).

Easy fix

If OSU and MSU don't like playing all three other east powers then they can scrap their series and OSU could add UMD and MSU could add RU (they play for a trophy called the Situation Trophy? anyway).

Easy fix
That would be a bit more fair for MSU IMO. I like the breakdown, I was just thinking out loud as MSU would have a tough road in your original breakdown.

Reactions: bmw199
My favorite alignment doesn't work so well with Wisconsin struggling but...

Red Division
OSU
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Maryland
Indiana
Rutgers
Illinois

Not Red Division
Michigan
PSU
MSU
Northwestern
Purdue
Iowa
Minnesota

Great idea! The only problem I have with it is one of aesthetics. To me, it makes more sense to have contrasting colors in games. For instance, Citrus Bowl, PSU vs. Kentucky, both blue and white, the difference isn't striking. Now, you have red vs. blue, e.g. - PSU vs. OSU/Wisconsin/Nebraska, that just makes for a more aesthetically-satisfying matchup. IMHO. Although, with your alignment, the CCG would definitely be "red" vs. another color.

Actually, the way it is now, you have 4 teams in the East that are "red" teams (OSU, Maryland, Rutgres, Indiana) while in the West you have 3 "red" teams (Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois) (I'll give you Illinois although to me they're more orange than red). So in that respect, the current alignment is fairly even as far as "red" vs. other colors go.

(I'll give you Illinois although to me they're more orange than red).
Yeah, Illinois and Minnesota were the tricky ones, I probably have them backwards. Shall we consider them to be in a "gray area?" :D

ADVERTISEMENT