Schools Are Failing Black Kids. Will Progressives Care?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Been saying it is the grandest example of systemic racism in the USA. Keep them hardly educated when young, and keep them angry about all the injustice when they are older......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...ids-will-progressives-care-opinion/ar-AATWXc4

But this renewed attention to the pandemic failures of America's public schools is opening the eyes of many to their other failures, too. Suddenly, people are discussing things like the fact that public schools have been under-educating the children of marginalized communities like mine for decades as we pour millions and millions of dollars into ineffective schools. And people whose children are trapped in these schools are starting to speak up against a progressive elite that cares more about getting George Washington's name off a building than getting their child into it.

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
Been saying it is the grandest example of systemic racism in the USA. Keep them hardly educated when young, and keep them angry about all the injustice when they are older......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...ids-will-progressives-care-opinion/ar-AATWXc4

But this renewed attention to the pandemic failures of America's public schools is opening the eyes of many to their other failures, too. Suddenly, people are discussing things like the fact that public schools have been under-educating the children of marginalized communities like mine for decades as we pour millions and millions of dollars into ineffective schools. And people whose children are trapped in these schools are starting to speak up against a progressive elite that cares more about getting George Washington's name off a building than getting their child into it.

No. They failed the schools. Blacks main disadvantage is bad parenting. The parents vote and the urban schools are only doing what the parents want.

Fresh Prince did not flee Philly to get away from Trump supporters.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
No. They failed the schools. Blacks main disadvantage is bad parenting. The parents vote and the urban schools are only doing what the parents want.

That's certainly an additional failure.

But according to democrats recently, parents don't need to know what their kids are doing in school.

junior1

May 29, 2001

I don't know if you've been following that pastor in Chicago who has been sitting on a rooftop trying to raise money for a community center. One of his first episodes centered on the neighborhood school. If I recall correctly, something like only 40% of the kids in eight grade were at level for English and less were at grade level for math. It's a disgrace. A d the pastor was right, without education these kids are set for a life of crime or government dependency

Reactions: m.knox

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Blacks are absolutely failing their children and the schools. No amount of money or teaching talent can overcome a lack of discipline and TWO loving parents. 72% out-of-wedlock births! Get your shit together!

Reactions: dailybuck777

Treelion66

Nov 14, 2018
The right doesn’t want to educate anyone. They rely on the uneducated, easily fooled for their votes.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

And they're now rebooting it as some kind of drama. Hollywood has no new ideas.

Last edited:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The right doesn’t want to educate anyone. They rely on the uneducated, easily fooled for their votes.
The right loves educated voters. We don't like uneducated voters. And the system is failing to properly educate kids at this time. My son taught himself physics enough to pass the AP test with a 5/5. They never taught this same kid, now a rocket scientist, who Marth Washington was.
He never had civics class and American History.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

LOL... That was dumb.

Coming from a guy who couldn't wait for Adam Schiff to tell him the next lie.

Reactions: Ski

junior1

May 29, 2001
I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. The thread is debating failure to educate black children and I think most would agree we're not doing a very good job. Having said that, somewhere in the vicinity of 90% of blacks vote democratic. So it would seem that the opposite of your post is closer to the truth.

I am Ironman

May 29, 2001
Booker T. Washington.
”I am afraid that there is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.”

“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018
I love you pic. I grew up with GSPs. When we would take the pointer sisters hunting my dad would chain a cider block to them. Great dogs.

They do like to run. My current guy is the most agile/athletic dog I have had the pleasure to be around. I run him with my atv and he will run through the woods with the throttle wide open for miles. He also is a lap dog. Been that way since the day I picked him up.

Reactions: jjw165

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. The thread is debating failure to educate black children and I think most would agree we're not doing a very good job. Having said that, somewhere in the vicinity of 90% of blacks vote democratic. So it would seem that the opposite of your post is closer to the truth.

What are blacks doing to address the problem? Can anyone name any system where blacks will be successful and self sufficient?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
What are blacks doing to address the problem? Can anyone name any system where blacks will be successful and self sufficient?
One of the problems is that blacks who choose to blame things other than whitey, get attacked and/or ignored.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

They're not failing them. They're passing them though. They're just not educating them.

Reactions: m.knox

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
They're not failing them. They're passing them though. They're just not educating them.

Kid does not have to be black for this to happen. I've seen it among whites. I've seen it at the university level. All you have to do is pay.

Corruption has overrun just about every American institution. Those who fought to preserve this country, sadly, were failed by those who came later and took for granted what was gifted them. Leftism is a cancer. In order for each individual to reach their maximum potential we have to accept that all potentials are not equal, and respond to the issues accordingly.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Kid does not have to be black for this to happen. I've seen it among whites. I've seen it at the university level. All you have to do is pay.

Corruption has overrun just about every American institution. Those who fought to preserve this country, sadly, were failed by those who came later and took for granted what was gifted them. Leftism is a cancer. In order for each individual to reach their maximum potential we have to accept that all potentials are not equal, and respond to the issues accordingly.

Leftism is definitely a cancer............