ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano to Rutgers (link)

This didn't chose pe
On what basis can you even begin to make that statement?

It's not like PSU had any problem recruiting NJ while Schiano was there.

That's just making things up.
No.

Blacknall and Barkley were committed to us first and then decommitted to penn state by default late in the process when they realized how unserious we were.

On Gesicki, we had 4 tight ends in the NFL (Kroft, DC Jefferson, Clark Harris, and Tim Wright) at the time, including 1 from Gesickis hometown.

Trust me... schiano wouldve got em there.

#Chop

On Gesicki, we had 4 tight ends in the NFL (Kroft, DC Jefferson, Clark Harris, and Tim Wright) at the time, including 1 from Gesickis hometown.

#Chop
Who, who, who and who?

So in other words....you made it up.

Who, who, who and who?

So in other words....you made it up.
Don’t bother trying to be rational their all in a state of rapture and frenzied excitement over St. Greg. Nothing anyone says that’s factual will impact them right now. In a few years when their still the last dog pulling the sled perhaps reason will settle in.

Don’t bother trying to be rational their all in a state of rapture and frenzied excitement over St. Greg. Nothing anyone says that’s factual will impact them right now. In a few years when their still the last dog pulling the sled perhaps reason will settle in.
The only "un-factual" thing I said was Gesicki would've been ours. The rest is true.

Staying on Blacknall and Barkley, though... You guys were not their first choice.
Well golly Elmer, I always thought what mattered was who you went to the dance with, not who asked first. Many players commit to the first school that offers until the real suitors arrive. I really do hope you guys become competitive but please stop with the insanity.

Well golly Elmer, I always thought what mattered was who you went to the dance with, not who asked first. Many players commit to the first school that offers until the real suitors arrive. I really do hope you guys become competitive but please stop with the insanity.
You don't want that. Trust me.

This didn't chose pe

No.

Blacknall and Barkley were committed to us first and then decommitted to penn state by default late in the process when they realized how unserious we were.

#Chop

Schiano is a sub .500 coach in the Big East. His overall record is 77-76 including non conference games. That is your savior?

Schiano is not going to be playing UCONN or recruiting against an 80 year old.

Schiano is a sub .500 coach in the Big East. His overall record is 77-76 including non conference games. That is your savior?
I mean, again... For over 100 years we were playing Wagner and Colgate while not committing the same resources other places were spending. Why you all talk about the head-to-head stuff dosent really make any sense.

But more importantly, once he got it going with a greater emphasis on football, after 2005:

The record is much different...

The pipeline to the NFL is much different...

The recruiting is much different...

I mean, again... For over 100 years we were playing Wagner and Colgate while not committing the same resources other places were spending. Why you all talk about the head-to-head stuff dosent really make any sense.

But more importantly, once he got it going with a greater emphasis on football, after 2005:

I don't mean any ill will, but why are you here? Your team has been dreadful for a century. You beat us like one time in the last 100 years. And you brag about your fully funded coach on the trail? I hate to let you know that your fully funded coach still has a lot less funding than our coach. And have you been to Beaver Stadium for a big night game? I don't think we are going to worry about Rutgers just yet.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
I don't mean any ill will, but why are you here? Your team has been dreadful for a century. You beat us like one time in the last 100 years. And you brag about your fully funded coach on the trail? I hate to let you know that your fully funded coach still has a lot less funding than our coach. And have you been to Beaver Stadium for a big night game? I don't think we are going to worry about Rutgers just yet.
...hope you enjoyed your free ride.

Delusional Rutgers is back. This is what happens when they hire a .500 coach.

Face facts. No other school wanted Schiano, and no other coach wanted Rutgers.
Ohhhhh c'monnn. Lol. Not so. Butch Jones wanted it and interviewed until his agent (who also represents Greg) told him to pull out.

So. you're wrong.

What are you going to say when Franklin leaves for a better gig?

Which brings me to another point: your school is becoming less and less desirable. Once we get cooking again more players with options will want to be apart of our growing school than go all the way out there for... What? 1-2 whiteouts per year.

"Rural areas lack academic and economic opportunity compared to metropolises. Because of this, a large portion of migrants are talented high school graduates. This cause-effect relationship, known as “brain drain,” robs rural areas of intellectual capital."
https://publicpolicy.wharton.upenn.edu/live/news/2393-rural-america-is-losing-young-people-

Ohhhhh c'monnn. Lol. Not so. Butch Jones wanted it and interviewed until his agent (who also represents Greg) told him to pull out.

So. you're wrong.

Which brings me to another point: your school is becoming less and less desirable. Once we get cooking again more players with options will want to be apart of our growing school than go all the way out there for... What? 1-2 whiteouts per year.

"Rural areas lack academic and economic opportunity compared to metropolises. Because of this, a large portion of migrants are talented high school graduates. This cause-effect relationship, known as “brain drain,” robs rural areas of intellectual capital."
https://publicpolicy.wharton.upenn.edu/live/news/2393-rural-america-is-losing-young-people-

Like I stated, delusion is back at Rutgers.

So. you're wrong.

BREAKING NEWS - there are more jobs in urban areas than in rural areas, and people move to where the jobs are located.

You did it.

You really discovered why Rutgers football is going to take over the B1G East with this magnificent finding.

I just poked my head in here to see what’s going on. Do we have the Rutgers fan posting here?

Is a rutgres athletic supporter seriously talking smack? What is happening?

The competition was much worse.

Rutgers wins against teams that finished the season ranked in the AP Top 25 after 2005:

2006: 1- Louisville
2007: 0
2008: 0
2009: 0
2010: 0

Setting the world on fire...

Franklin had more this season than Greg had in the 5 after he got it going.

Reactions: mcruny42
Where is the I feel like like I’m taking crazy pills Zoolander meme? Best case scenario Rutgers is the fourth best team in their own division. I think Schiano is a great hire. Guys like Franklin and he who can take the worst teams in the country and bring them to respectability are truly great coaches. However this is not the Big East. It is a division with all three of the blue bloods clicking on all cylinders. The ceiling in this division is what Indiana did this year which would be a job well done for Schiano. Eight wins and a chance for a ninth in a bowl game and you will get the second tier recruits in Jersey and, like Pitt, get the occasional local blue chipper who wants to stay home. I don’t think there is much coincidence that Narduzzi has topped out at 8 wins. That’s the ceiling for non-blue bloods barring some radical infusion of cash like Nike and Oregon. In short, there isn’t a Penn State fan on earth who fears, or has anything to fear from, the “rise” of Rutgers. If would be nice to not have our strength of schedule tanked everytime we played them and for our kids to be able to get a little motivated and put a larger beating on Rutgers to definitively crush the novelty of Schiano like we did the short lived Locksely Mystique.

Where is the I feel like like I’m taking crazy pills Zoolander meme? Best case scenario Rutgers is the fourth best team in their own division. I think Schiano is a great hire. Guys like Franklin and he who can take the worst teams in the country and bring them to respectability are truly great coaches. However this is not the Big East. It is a division with all three of the blue bloods clicking on all cylinders. The ceiling in this division is what Indiana did this year which would be a job well done for Schiano. Eight wins and a chance for a ninth in a bowl game and you will get the second tier recruits in Jersey and, like Pitt, get the occasional local blue chipper who wants to stay home. I don’t think there is much coincidence that Narduzzi has topped out at 8 wins. That’s the ceiling for non-blue bloods barring some radical infusion of cash like Nike and Oregon. In short, there isn’t a Penn State fan on earth who fears, or has anything to fear from, the “rise” of Rutgers. If would be nice to not have our strength of schedule tanked everytime we played them and for our kids to be able to get a little motivated and put a larger beating on Rutgers to definitively crush the novelty of Schiano like we did the short lived Locksely Mystique.
Too many words.

Make ur point in as few words as possible.

How about a number?

Schiano’s win total over teams that finished ranked his last 4 years at Rutgers.
Idc enough to check but I know your coach's number on this is similar and he's armed with more resources + can recruit off of New Years 6 participation

Keep tryin

Idc enough to check but I know your coach's number on this is similar and he's armed with more resources + can recruit off of New Years 6 participation

Keep tryin
giphy.gif

Keep tryin

Franklin has 7 in his last 4 seasons with a chance for 8 with the bowl. Not similar to 0. Try again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT