ADVERTISEMENT

Schembechler knew his football players were being molested, told them to "toughen up." | UPDATE: FORCED SPERM SAMPLES

That football coach was his "father". And rape victims -- particularly male -- are often very reluctant to come forward even to family members for a variety of reasons.

Sexual abuse counselors could talk all day about the dynamics of this, but hiding these things for years and even decades isn't unusual. And they were probably not "taught" to do that.
Don't you find it the least bit suspicious that the only way the adopted and long estranged son of Bo Schembechler can put himself in line for a pay day, is to claim he had a physical for Pop Warner Football at age 10? Even if he indeed was given a physical by the Michigan University Physician for this non university activity....I find it hard to believe that Anderson wouldn't have refrained from molesting Bo's son.
There certainly appears to be victims with legitimate complaints. This adopted son of a mother Bo divorced is looking for a pay day. He's already sued Bo and Michigan. He's telling a story that no one can corroborate. Everyone involved is conveniently DEAD. He's no more credible than Matt Sandusky.

Don't you find it the least bit suspicious that the only way the adopted and long estranged son of Bo Schembechler can put himself in line for a pay day, is to claim he had a physical for Pop Warner Football at age 10? Even if he indeed was given a physical by the Michigan University Physician for this non university activity....I find it hard to believe that Anderson wouldn't have refrained from molesting Bo's son.
There certainly appears to be victims with legitimate complaints. This adopted son of a mother Bo divorced is looking for a pay day. He's already sued Bo and Michigan. He's telling a story that no one can corroborate. Everyone involved is conveniently DEAD. He's no more credible than Matt Sandusky.
I've stated in this thread a few times that I have no idea if his allegations are true. Whatever the case, the case against Bo shouldn't even have to hinge on the credibility of the son. There is a line of alleged victims stretching around the block who appear to have been abused under Bo's watch........with no consequences.

My point is that abuse victims very often hide these things for years, and often only come forward when they feel it's safe to do so. In this case, there may be safety in numbers.

I've stated in this thread a few times that I have no idea if his allegations are true. Whatever the case, the case against Bo shouldn't even have to hinge on the credibility of the son. There is a line of alleged victims stretching around the block who appear to have been abused under Bo's watch........with no consequences.

My point is that abuse victims very often hide these things for years, and often only come forward when they feel it's safe to do so. In this case, there may be safety in numbers.
I have a great deal of distain for phony claimants it IMO makes it more difficult to believe those who really have been victimized. What you have at Michigan is an interesting case, because you have what appears to be many victims and yet other former athletes who are steadfastly standing behind Bo's integrity.

I have a great deal of distain for phony claimants it IMO makes it more difficult to believe those who really have been victimized. What you have at Michigan is an interesting case, because you have what appears to be many victims and yet other former athletes who are steadfastly standing behind Bo's integrity.

That is certainly true.

In Michigan's case, though, I frankly give no weight to the Harbaughs of the world coming out to defend Bo because they personally never witnessed him sweep anything under the rug. Of course former players don't wish to believe their beloved coach may have made huge mistakes. And of course they were not witness to what was alleged.

I truly detest the argument that "well I never saw John Doe do these terrible things, therefore the allegations are false". I get it. They want to back a man they dearly love. I can respect that. But I hope they entertain the possibility that the victims ARE telling the truth, and Bo possibly DID make terrible mistakes.

I'm not saying he did. But Jim Harbaugh -- or other former players -- don't know shit about whether Bo did or didn't cover this up. History is full of people with otherwise sterling reputations who have been found to have committed terrible misdeeds.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
That is certainly true.

In Michigan's case, though, I frankly give no weight to the Harbaughs of the world coming out to defend Bo because they personally never witnessed him sweep anything under the rug. Of course former players don't wish to believe their beloved coach may have made huge mistakes. And of course they were not witness to what was alleged.

I truly detest the argument that "well I never saw John Doe do these terrible things, therefore the allegations are false". I get it. They want to back a man they dearly love. I can respect that. But I hope they entertain the possibility that the victims ARE telling the truth, and Bo possibly DID make terrible mistakes.

I'm not saying he did. But Jim Harbaugh -- or other former players -- don't know shit about whether Bo did or didn't cover this up. History is full of people with otherwise sterling reputations who have been found to have committed terrible misdeeds.
What I can't sort out is....if it was common knowledge and coaches used going to the doctor as a threat, how can guys who played on the same team at the same time say it didn't happen?

Reactions: 91Joe95
I obviously haven't spent 1-1000th of the amount of time looking into this as I did the Sandusky case, so I will ask.

What exactly are they alleging is the motive for Bo to send his players, even worse yet his own children, knowing full well this guy is assaulting them?

I obviously haven't spent 1-1000th of the amount of time looking into this as I did the Sandusky case, so I will ask.

What exactly are they alleging is the motive for Bo to send his players, even worse yet his own children, knowing full well this guy is assaulting them?
While not motives per se I think it was ignorance, lack of empathy, and apathy. Ignorance in not fully comprehending what he was being told. Lack of empathy in not connecting with the emotions of the people telling of the abuse. Apathy in not caring enough to do anything about it.

Reactions: LionJim
While not motives per se I think it was ignorance, lack of empathy, and apathy. Ignorance in not fully comprehending what he was being told. Lack of empathy in not connecting with the emotions of the people telling of the abuse. Apathy in not caring enough to do anything about it.
But again, I want you to walk through this concept because it was part of what made the 70s allegations against Sandusky/Paterno so laughable.

Do I believe it's possible that Bo wouldn't want the distraction of a scandal to upset his team/season? Sure. Where the logic breaks down is keeping the guy on staff and sending his players (and apparently) children to the guy time and again after he already knew. Sorry, that doesn't pass the sniff test. I'd have an easier time believing Bo was in on it in some weird sexual kink, than he just knowingly kept a rapist on his staff because he didn't give a shit.

That's what always made even the Sandusky cover up allegations so silly. Jerry wasn't even working there anymore, how was it putting "winning above the children" by not calling the police? It doesn't even make any sense.

Reactions: marshall23
That is certainly true.

This is the exact same way that other fan bases view some Penn State fans and their defense of the program, Paterno or Sandusky. I don't mean to address this at you directly, just using your post as an example. I know there are many nuanced details and differences between the scandals. But from an outside in fan point of view that stuff gets overlooked. Other fans did it to us, and continue to do so. And now I see many posts here where we are doing the same things that we didn't like them doing.

Fans here will poke holes in Sandusky's victims statements all day long, but when Michigan fans do the same fans here will call Michigan fans delusional deniers. Some fans here proclaim Sandusky is innocent but when Michigan fans come out in support of Bo they are in the wrong. PSU fans repeatedly asked to wait for more info and for all of the facts but have already made their decisions about Michigan and Bo. PSU fans wanted Paterno to get the benefit of the doubt because he had a long reputation of doing the right things but when UM fans and former players say that the Bo they knew couldn't do this they are met with criticism.

Sometimes I think we learned nothing in 2011. I have no idea what Bo knew or didn't know, did or didn't do. I do know that I'm not going to draw a bunch of conclusions now based on some early he said she said stories and media reports.

Last edited:
But again, I want you to walk through this concept because it was part of what made the 70s allegations against Sandusky/Paterno so laughable.

Do I believe it's possible that Bo wouldn't want the distraction of a scandal to upset his team/season? Sure. Where the logic breaks down is keeping the guy on staff and sending his players (and apparently) children to the guy time and again after he already knew. Sorry, that doesn't pass the sniff test. I'd have an easier time believing Bo was in on it in some weird sexual kink, than he just knowingly kept a rapist on his staff because he didn't give a shit.

That's what always made even the Sandusky cover up allegations so silly. Jerry wasn't even working there anymore, how was it putting "winning above the children" by not calling the police? It doesn't even make any sense.
The 70s allegations were laughable because of all the inconsistencies. Nothing made sense but PSU paid cash anyway. At Michigan there has been a multitude of people telling stories which are consistent with one another. I very much doubt Bo thought, "My players are being sexually assaulted but I need to protect the football program. It's best if I ignore what they're telling me." But at some level he was so immersed in football that anything else was just noise. Nothing registered if it didn't involve the game.

OTOH, any comparisons to Joe are ridiculous. Joe met with MM and facilitated a meeting with university admin. A report was made to TSM. Joe > Bo.

Last edited:
The 70s allegations were laughable because of all the inconsistencies. Nothing made sense but PSU paid cash anyway. At Michigan there has been a multitude of people telling stories which are consistent with one another. I very much doubt Bo thought, "My players are being sexually assaulted but I need to protect the football program. It's best if I ignore what they're telling me." But at some level he was so immersed in football that anything else was just noise. Nothing registered if it didn't involve the game.

OTOH, any comparisons to Joe are ridiculous. Joe met to MM and facilitated a meeting with university admin. A report was made to TSM. Joe > Bo.
Are the stories consistent? In the article Chicago just shared you got a guy telling him Bo used seeing the doctor as a threat to make them work harder in practice or perform better in games. Think about that for a second. If that were even mildly true, there wouldn't be people defending Bo. That means the entire team knew about it and Bo was open about it.

By the way, I'm not denying the abuse itself happened. But what you need to understand, similar to the ludicrous 70s allegations against Sandusky, the connection with Bo helps in the lawsuits. The widespread cover up narrative is what's needed to pull in the big bucks. You couple that with the media, who couldn't possibly care less about an abuse story involving some no name doctor, but is drooling on the floor when you tie in a legendary coach, you get stories like this.

Not saying it's not true, saying there is LOTS of reasons to be skeptical.

This is the exact same way that other fan bases view some Penn State fans and their defense of the program, Paterno or Sandusky. I don't mean to address this at you directly, just using your post as an example. I know there are many nuanced details and differences between the scandals. But from an outside in fan point of view that stuff gets overlooked. Other fans did it to us, and continue to do so. And now I see many posts here where we are doing the same things that we didn't like them doing.

Fans here will poke holes in Sandusky's victims statements all day long, but when Michigan fans do the same fans here will call Michigan fans delusional deniers. Some fans here proclaim Sandusky is innocent but when Michigan fans come out in support of Bo they are in the wrong. PSU fans repeatedly asked to wait for more info and for all of the facts but have already made their decisions about Michigan and Bo. PSU fans wanted Paterno to get the benefit of the doubt because he had a long reputation of doing the right things but when UM fans and former players say that the Bo they knew couldn't do this they are met with criticism.

Sometimes I think we learned nothing in 2011. I have no idea what Bo knew or didn't know, did or didn't do. I do know that I'm not going to draw a bunch of conclusions now based on some early he said she said stories and media reports.
What I learned is turnabout is fair play. F MSU, OSU and Michy. They haven't gone through 1/10 of what we alums and fan base went through. When ESPN, B1G, BTN, FOX, US Today, SI...start piling on then maybe I'll feel sorry for them but I doubt it.
Oh and give us back the money they stole.

Are the stories consistent? In the article Chicago just shared you got a guy telling him Bo used seeing the doctor as a threat to make them work harder in practice or perform better in games. Think about that for a second. If that were even mildly true, there wouldn't be people defending Bo. That means the entire team knew about it and Bo was open about it.

By the way, I'm not denying the abuse itself happened. But what you need to understand, similar to the ludicrous 70s allegations against Sandusky, the connection with Bo helps in the lawsuits. The widespread cover up narrative is what's needed to pull in the big bucks. You couple that with the media, who couldn't possibly care less about an abuse story involving some no name doctor, but is drooling on the floor when you tie in a legendary coach, you get stories like this.

IDK, even Jim Brandstetter admitted that everyone in the Michigan locker room made jokes about Dr. Handerson. Great way to stop players from faking injuries! 😄

Lionspride2017, when you have a famous Michigan Alum, Desmond Howard with a media platform like ESPN and he used it as an opportunity to run PSU/Paterno over a cliff during the JS fiasco. He is a hypocrite who has been perfectly silent through this Bo revelation and that makes me feel totally ok with Michigan feeling a little heat through this. The other part that sticks in my craw is the way the BIG has handled the Michigan, Michigan State, and The Ohio State scandals, that directly involved students of the said universities, being abused compared to PSU's punishment and bowl money extortion.

IDK, even Jim Brandstetter admitted that everyone in the Michigan locker room made jokes about Dr. Handerson. Great way to stop players from faking injuries! 😄
I get it. I just find it impossible to believe it was that open and known about and you'd still have as many people denying and supporting Bo if this were the case.

There are definitely plenty of holes in this story. If everyone knew, and joked about it, did everyone really know the actual details? Or was the doctor just overly handsy and nobody thought of it as sexual abuse at the time? Did they think at the time he was just weird or creepy or awkward? And if that's the case, what did Bo really know? I hate these Michigan a-holes who are now looking like hypocrites. But that doesn't make me want to get behind the remove the Bo statue crowd without actual evidence.

I'm not sure if this post is serious, but if it is, how was keeping a rapist doctor on his staff helping him win rose bowls?

It didn’t. bo didn’t win many Rose Bowls.

It’s curious that bo covered up for the fister but didn’t do so to win more. bo is tremendously overrated as a coach. Clearly he covered up for the fister to protect his and Michigan’s mediocrity. Strange, but true.

It didn’t. bo didn’t win many Rose Bowls.

It’s curious that bo covered up for the fister but didn’t do so to win more. bo is tremendously overrated as a coach. Clearly he covered up for the fister to protect his and Michigan’s mediocrity. Strange, but true.
Bo was 2-8 in the Rose Bowl with an overall 5-12 record in bowl games. Oh, and ZERO national championships. His overall record was padded by beating up on the Little 8. At UM that qualifies him for deification and a statue.

There are definitely plenty of holes in this story. If everyone knew, and joked about it, did everyone really know the actual details? Or was the doctor just overly handsy and nobody thought of it as sexual abuse at the time? Did they think at the time he was just weird or creepy or awkward? And if that's the case, what did Bo really know? I hate these Michigan a-holes who are now looking like hypocrites. But that doesn't make me want to get behind the remove the Bo statue crowd without actual evidence.
I'm so glad you said that because this is the point and the reason WHY these stories are capable of blowing up as they do.

Rival fan bases are HAPPY to believe all these details. Forget about the media who love these stories, and will gladly post them without any skepticism whatsoever, you have rival fan bases who eat them up as well. So the media will post a story like the one Chi posted, and then have fans like us and OSU swallow it whole.

Also, everyone here is pretty much dead. It's very very easy under these circumstances combined with whats written above, to create a completely false narrative and have it go unchecked.

I'm ok assuming the worst possible scenario about Michigan as Desmond Howard told the world to assume about us (with corresponding culture change).

I'm ok assuming the worst possible scenario about them as Desmond Howard encouraged the world to assume about us with corresponding culture change.
Or maybe the better course of action is to point out how wrong it was to jump to conclusions in both cases. Two wrongs don't make a right, as the old saying goes.

I'm so glad you said that because this is the point and the reason WHY these stories are capable of blowing up as they do.

Rival fan bases are HAPPY to believe all these details. Forget about the media who love these stories, and will gladly post them without any skepticism whatsoever, you have rival fan bases who eat them up as well. So the media will post a story like the one Chi posted, and then have fans like us and OSU swallow it whole.

Also, everyone here is pretty much dead. It's very very easy under these circumstances combined with whats written above, to create a completely false narrative and have it go unchecked.
I'm with those who feel just desserts are suitable for those who piled onto the false narrative regarding Penn State. I'd feel differently if the people defending OSU, UM, and MSU were as committed to honest fact finding post-Sandusky as they are regarding their own problems. I'm petty, vindictive, and hold grudges. I'm good with that. Maybe I'd change my attitude if the B1G and NCAA publicly admitted they screwed Penn State simply because they could, facts be damned.

Lionspride2017, when you have a famous Michigan Alum, Desmond Howard with a media platform like ESPN and he used it as an opportunity to run PSU/Paterno over a cliff during the JS fiasco. He is a hypocrite who has been perfectly silent through this Bo revelation and that makes me feel totally ok with Michigan feeling a little heat through this. The other part that sticks in my craw is the way the BIG has handled the Michigan, Michigan State, and The Ohio State scandals, that directly involved students of the said universities, being abused compared to PSU's punishment and bowl money extortion.
The Big10 sucks and is bad - very bad - for Penn State. And it has been that way since Day1.

Homicide Life on the Street is a decent show- the queers on the force and on the street are less whiny and more maverick than this Feminist Puritan Law and ordah the Suv tweener lite bull shite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT