ADVERTISEMENT

Schembechler knew his football players were being molested, told them to "toughen up." | UPDATE: FORCED SPERM SAMPLES

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
New thread due to new information revealed about Bo Schembechler's knowledge and awareness that his University of Michigan football players were being molested by Dr. Robert Anderson, aka, "Dr. Handerson."

E1IJq7DXsAcBP2M

Last edited:
I caught the end of Iowa v Michigan 1985 on BTN the other day- Bo looked like a disheveled rummy compared to Hayden Fry.

I made the mistake of reading some of the comments on MGoBlog. Most of the morons over there are convinced that this is "no where near as bad as Penn State". The ignorance is just astounding.

Even if everything Sandusky is accused of is true (spoiler: it isn't) and even if there was a coverup (spoiler: there wasn't), the UM situation is FAR worse based on the number of victims AND the fact that this is far more closely tied to the university (it was STUDENT ATHLETES who were abused.

Just staggering how ill informed people are.

I made the mistake of reading some of the comments on MGoBlog. Most of the morons over there are convinced that this is "no where near as bad as Penn State". The ignorance is just astounding.

Even if everything Sandusky is accused of is true (spoiler: it isn't) and even if there was a coverup (spoiler: there wasn't), the UM situation is FAR worse based on the number of victims AND the fact that this is far more closely tied to the university (it was STUDENT ATHLETES who were abused.

Just staggering how ill informed people are.
Why I didn’t read the comments. All three other B1G schools were more atrocious with definite dereliction of duty, ignoring, and covering up by administrators and way more individuals molested/assaulted yet those fan bases think Sandusky and Penn State was much more horrible and horrific. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I dunno... the horrifically graphic nature of the crimes invented by Frank Fina is what made our case unlike any other.
Correct, people are going to lose their minds a lot quicker over a “10 year old boy getting sodomized in the shower” compared with a doctor getting too touchy-feely with college athletes,

Correct, people are going to lose their minds a lot quicker over a “10 year old boy getting sodomized in the shower” compared with a doctor getting too touchy-feely with college athletes,
Yes. The "leaked" presentment (Oops!!! Did we do that??) which alleged "anal rape" set the tone for everything. Even McQueary said it didn't accurately portray what he said but he was told to keep his mouth shut or it would hurt the case.

I'm always going to take comments like "toughen up" with a grain of salt. I have no idea if Bo "knew." But allegations like this are coming from someone who is suing U of M and looking for maximum $ The truth would only be known by two people.....one is deceased and one is telling a story that can't be rebutted.
I realize we want every other university to suffer the same fate as PSU.....but how is taking the alleged response of Coach Schembechler as gospel any different than those who insisted that Joe told a "victim" ...."I can't be bothered with this....I have a season to get ready for?"
It certainly appears that the evidence is overwhelming and confirms that dozens if not hundreds of student athletes were abused. The shear number of victims and the fact that many were student athletes certainly puts this mess on par with any sexual abuse crime in the history of this nation. The NCAA will sit on its hands and let the dogs drag this scandal away. U or M will settle with the victims and that will be the end of it.
Why, because the BOT at U or M will defend their university. I'm just not ready to believe every detail a claimant alleges .....everyone here should have learned something since 2011.

I'm always going to take comments like "toughen up" with a grain of salt. I have no idea if Bo "knew." But allegations like this are coming from someone who is suing U of M and looking for maximum $ The truth would only be known by two people.....one is deceased and one is telling a story that can't be rebutted.
I realize we want every other university to suffer the same fate as PSU.....but how is taking the alleged response of Coach Schembechler as gospel any different than those who insisted that Joe told a "victim" ...."I can't be bothered with this....I have a season to get ready for?"
It certainly appears that the evidence is overwhelming and confirms that dozens if not hundreds of student athletes were abused. The shear number of victims and the fact that many were student athletes certainly puts this mess on par with any sexual abuse crime in the history of this nation. The NCAA will sit on its hands and let the dogs drag this scandal away. U or M will settle with the victims and that will be the end of it.
Why, because the BOT at U or M will defend their university. I'm just not ready to believe every detail a claimant alleges .....everyone here should have learned something since 2011.
It is possible that "Bo didn't know". However, when you start to consider the number of incidents over that many years (numbers that dwarf anything alleged to have occurred at PSU) and when you read the report, it is pretty clear that the administration certainly knew (or should have known) and even if Bo didn't make the "toughen up" comment, he either knew or should have known that there were issues with this doctor. That isn't necessarily the same thing as a cover up, but the best case scenario appears to be "Bo was a moron who did not have good oversight over the well being of his players". I hope everyone understand why that is completely different than anything at PSU.

Come on, we know this is all somehow Joe's fault. Didn't Joe recommend Bo to Michigan?
Good point!

We didn't make the rules, but they sure made us play by theirs.

I dunno... the horrifically graphic nature of the crimes invented by Frank Fina is what made our case unlike any other.
Hey, Chi.... what is the bug up "Rich Kotite"'s ass on the tweeter? (and is that the one and only Rich Kotite?!) Holy crap, he took your facts as a personal affront!
Good job with it by you, as always.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiTownLion
Desmond is busy tackling the important questions of the day.

Funny how he and his wife had sooooo much to say with such public outrage and moral superiority about PSU and JS.

Now that Michigan has a huge sexual abuse scandal directly tied to Bo Schembechler (reportedly, among other Michigan officials) by none other than the university’s official report on the subject, he’s apparently occupied with the crucial issue of the day- types of peanut butter. 🙄

Last edited:
Funny how he and his wife had sooooo much to say with such public outrage and moral superiority about PSU and JS.

Now that Michigan has a huge sexual abuse scandal directly tied to Bo Schembechler among other Michigan officials by none other than the university’s official report on the subject, he’s apparently occupied with the crucial issue of the day- types of peanut butter. 🙄
Maybe he knows what type of peanut butter Dr. Anderson preferred?

It is possible that "Bo didn't know". However, when you start to consider the number of incidents over that many years (numbers that dwarf anything alleged to have occurred at PSU) and when you read the report, it is pretty clear that the administration certainly knew (or should have known) and even if Bo didn't make the "toughen up" comment, he either knew or should have known that there were issues with this doctor. That isn't necessarily the same thing as a cover up, but the best case scenario appears to be "Bo was a moron who did not have good oversight over the well being of his players". I hope everyone understand why that is completely different than anything at PSU.
But don't you recall they said the very same thing about Joe....Joe had to know...Joe knew everything that went on at PSU, Joe was the most powerful man associated with the university. All I am saying is I don't care to engage in character assassination. The crimes occurred. I just don't know if I'm going to swallow words attributed to a football coach by someone who is suing the university. It's just my take. A terrible injustice was done to Joe....dragging down Bo doesn't do one damn thing to help Joe. If I thought it did....I'd lead the parade.

It amazes me our program was nearly destroyed by the NCAA and the public outrage was immense. Yet where is the NCAA and the court of public opinion when it comes to O$U, MSU, scUM and LSU just to name a few?!?!?

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But don't you recall they said the very same thing about Joe....Joe had to know...Joe knew everything that went on at PSU, Joe was the most powerful man associated with the university. All I am saying is I don't care to engage in character assassination. The crimes occurred. I just don't know if I'm going to swallow words attributed to a football coach by someone who is suing the university. It's just my take. A terrible injustice was done to Joe....dragging down Bo doesn't do one damn thing to help Joe. If I thought it did....I'd lead the parade.
Two incidents on campus (neither of which involved your players) vs 100s of incidents on campus (all of which involved your players) is a very different story. Again, it is possible that Bo didn't know. But in that case he failed to protect his players by keeping tabs on who was providing their medical care.

Reactions: Hotshoe and BBrown
Yes. Not to mention young male athletes joking with each other about what happens when the team doctor gives you a physical happens everywhere. I remember waiting in line with my high school football team to receive our physicals and it was nothing but a bunch of sodomy jokes. It’s very possible Bo knew a lot of players were uncomfortable with getting examined by this guy, but I doubt he had any idea this doc’s “examinations” were anything different than normal.

Reactions: psugisher
ADVERTISEMENT