ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule will be 8+1

How about we go undefeated first then worry about that later.

Because we've been down this "undefeated" path multiple times, and gotten screwed. If I was Rutgers or Illinois, I wouldn't give a crap.

Guess what? We have a pretty good team this year.

Because we've been down this "undefeated" path multiple times, and gotten screwed. If I was Rutgers or Illinois, I wouldn't give a crap.

So if Bama misses 4 games and goes undefeated what's the difference? You can what if until you're blue in the face.

Reactions: marshall23

Guess what? We don't have a good team till "we" prove it on the field.
"We" could lose 2 of the first 3 and that would take care of the we're gonna get screwed bullshit. Then it would be fire Franklin.
Is PSU the only team that could be adversely impacted if Rutgers or Illinois folds?
I'll bet Michigan and Ohio State are in the same boat.

One solution to bitching about the schedule, the protocols or the possibility that fate will deal an unkind blow to PSU.......don't play at all. I've said all along....the original decision by the B1G, may have been the correct one. Every school that is attempting to play in the 4 power conferences , is rolling the dice. No amount of weeping and gnashing of teeth, will make the pandemic go away and make life (or football in this case) normal.
If PSU plays on 10/24 I'm gonna get my Yuenglings, kielbasa, brats, wings etc. and assume that it will be the one and only time they strap in on this year. I will enjoy it.
If week two comes, repeat the process from week one and so it goes.
Why do some people live for donut holes? It is so sad.
We know you’re sad they’re playing....sorry about that.

Reactions: Sullivan
We already KNOW the schedule (the dates). And we already KNOW pretty much who we'll play, minus two of the Western teams we had on the schedule. That's not the freakin problem.

Have you even bothered to look at the extreme COVID requirements required to play???? Some teams WILL have to forfeit games. We built in NO weeks before December 19 to make those games up when we could have easily started the season on either October 10 or 17, and left the one or two weeks before the Championship Game open for makeup games.

I can't wait to watch you "chill" if we get screwed out of the Championship Game because of a forfeit loss somewhere along the line. Especially if it's to someone like a Rutgers or Illinois.
21 days to sit out? Really? The CDC says 9 days....what the hell is with 21 days for someone who most likely won’t even have symptoms.

We already KNOW the schedule (the dates). And we already KNOW pretty much who we'll play, minus two of the Western teams we had on the schedule. That's not the freakin problem.

Have you even bothered to look at the extreme COVID requirements required to play???? Some teams WILL have to forfeit games. We built in NO weeks before December 19 to make those games up when we could have easily started the season on either October 10 or 17, and left the one or two weeks before the Championship Game open for makeup games.

I can't wait to watch you "chill" if we get screwed out of the Championship Game because of a forfeit loss somewhere along the line. Especially if it's to someone like a Rutgers or Illinois.
You're about as much fun as a Tolstoy novel

I doubt that games not played due to Covid restrictions would be considered forfeits. We may see teams that wind up playing various numbers of games across the conference. How that all works out, who knows. How about this scenario, the OSU vs. PSU game is canceled and both teams run the table, who goes from the East?

Good question on that tiebreaker. Wait until the fun begins when game cancellations enter the picture.

Let’s say Penn St is 6-1 (after Rutgres had to cancel from covid on their end) while Ohio St is 7-1......and Penn St beat Ohio St head to head. Ohio St goes to the championship game with the better record because the big ten screwed up by not allowing bye weeks. (PSU punished because Rutgers had covid cases).

What if Ohio St is 6-1 while Michigan is 7-0 and Harbaugh’s team suddenly decides to have a covid outbreak (cough, cough) to avoid losing to OSU. Instead of risking both teams getting a 7-1 record with OSU going to the title game with the head to head tiebreaker, Michigan ‘covids’ the game and guarantees they go to Indy rather than risk losing to OSU.

What if PSU is undefeated and going to the championship game but then has some covid cases and can’t play Wisconsin. Who gets declared big ten champ for the playoff?

This season should be real fun. The possibilities for outrage this year are endless!!!! 🤬🤬🤬. ;)

Reactions: ChiTownLion
"After being allowed to train for just 12 hours per week this past month or so, the Nittany Lions will now be allowed to fully ramp up their practices in the coming days. Full pads and tackling will be allowed starting on September 30, something that Franklin is more than ready to get back to.

“When was the last time a Big Ten football player tackled anyone?,” Franklin said. “Most of us, we had no spring practices, so there’s also an aspect of that. We gotta get ramped back up to get some tackling in, because you can’t go from last season to your first game and never tackle.”

Read the extreme COVID requirements the teams will have to meet EVERY week to just take the field. Then guarantee me that every team will actually play an 8 game schedule before the December 19 Championship Game.
I guarantee every team will play an 8 game schedule. There, feel better? Of course my guarantee is equally as worthless as the scenarios you are cooking up in your head. Let's just play and see what happens.

Guess what? We don't have a good team till "we" prove it on the field.
"We" could lose 2 of the first 3 and that would take care of the we're gonna get screwed bullshit. Then it would be fire Franklin.
Is PSU the only team that could be adversely impacted if Rutgers or Illinois folds?
I'll bet Michigan and Ohio State are in the same boat.

We are ALL "in the same boat". The problem is, none of us will have any life jackets (makeup weeks) if one of us falls out of the boat (has to forfeit a game due to extreme COVID requirements),.

If we "lose two of the first three" because we have to forfeit, you'll wish we would have started two weeks earlier, and built in two makeup weeks at the end.

We are ALL "in the same boat". The problem is, none of us will have any life jackets (makeup weeks) if one of us falls out of the boat (has to forfeit a game due to extreme COVID requirements),.

If we "lose two of the first three" because we have to forfeit, you'll wish we would have started two weeks earlier, and built in two makeup weeks at the end.
No one is forfeiting. But under the circumstances, if a game becomes a no contest, it might be best to compare it to no season.

21 days to sit out? Really? The CDC says 9 days....what the hell is with 21 days for someone who most likely won’t even have symptoms.
It might have been required in order to get the votes. If the presidents said you either quarantine players for 21 days or I'm not voting to approve playing which would you rather they do?

It might have been required in order to get the votes. If the presidents said you either quarantine players for 21 days or I'm not voting to approve playing which would you rather they do?
Correct. They needed to compromise to gain consensus. This was the price that was paid to get every member to buy in. Like it or lump it..........
1 game is better than zero. 2 is better than 1. If you go into this acting like its a normal season and have those sort of expectations......I'll bet you will be very very sad.

I guarantee every team will play an 8 game schedule. There, feel better? Of course my guarantee is equally as worthless as the scenarios you are cooking up in your head. Let's just play and see what happens.

What you are "guaranteeing" is that all 14 teams will get through all 8 weeks with no more than 10/11 positives (or less depending on the team - coaches, players, trainers, etc) in any particular week. Possible, but more than likely, highly improbable.

Each campus and team is its own little world.

No one is forfeiting. But under the circumstances, if a game becomes a no contest, it might be best to compare it to no season.

So you are going to penalize the team that shows up and meets all the medical requirements??? I don't think so.

So you are going to penalize the team that shows up and meets all the medical requirements??? I don't think so.
I'd be surprised if games aren't declared "no contest" at some point in every conference. It's the world right now. Penalize? I predict that the virus will have a more profound impact on the rosters of 0-3 and 1-4 teams. What is the incentive to lead the life of a monk if your team is 0-3? These kids are 19. They are not gonna put up with living in a bubble when their season goes south. With no cupcake games up front, the bottom is going to fall out very quickly on some teams.

Of course it was only required to get the votes. Just like they required an October 24 start date that makes it next to impossible to qualify for the CFP. Other P-5 Conferences have wiggle room to replay games. Due to the late start date, we don't.

I'd be surprised if games aren't declared "no contest" at some point in every conference. It's the world right now. Penalize? I predict that the virus will have a more profound impact on the rosters of 0-3 and 1-4 teams. What is the incentive to lead the life of a monk if your team is 0-3? These kids are 19. They are not gonna put up with living in a bubble when their season goes south. With no cupcake games up front, the bottom is going to fall out very quickly on some teams.

Another BINGO if you are fighting for a CFP berth.

Even if you are the winner of a forfeit game, when the selection committee puts that win up against a REAL win someone like LSU has against Vanderbilt, LSU gets the prize. With a makeup week, that forfeit game would have had a chance to be played. The SEC allows for a cancelled game to be played during the bye weeks. Thanks to our genius Presidents, we now have none.

I’m sure I am a “bad” fan as I am not even having expectations at this point for season. I’m not getting worked up about if we are 8-0 or 7-1, etc. this season. I still don’t think every B1G team gets 8-9 games in. After all the BS 2020 has brought so far I will be thrilled to see our team on the field playing well.

I can just picture now the whacko part of our fan base freaking out if we don’t go undefeated this Covid 19 impacted season. Sure will call for CJF’s head as well.

Reactions: marshall23
Then the presidents are bigger morons than we thought. You don’t take the CDC regulations and almost triple them....that’s just stupid.

Correct. They needed to compromise to gain consensus. This was the price that was paid to get every member to buy in. Like it or lump it..........
1 game is better than zero. 2 is better than 1. If you go into this acting like its a normal season and have those sort of expectations......I'll bet you will be very very sad.
That’s not compromise, that’s holding hostage.

Another BINGO if you are fighting for a CFP berth.

Even if you are the winner of a forfeit game, when the selection committee puts that win up against a REAL win someone like LSU has against Vanderbilt, LSU gets the prize. With a makeup week, that forfeit game would have had a chance to be played. The SEC allows for a cancelled game to be played during the bye weeks. Thanks to our genius Presidents, we now have none.
A week ago PSU didn't have a season. I'm not losing sleep over a playoff birth. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT