ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule to be released at noon on FOX (nfm)

If a tree falls in the woods...

Sorry I doubt I will watch if they won't at least allow students into the games. Absolute clown show the big ten and the state of PA is right now.

FSU had a half full stadium last week. I've yet to see the body bags.

Get a grip.

Schedules for OSU and Mich-

Ohio State
Nebraska
at PSU
Rutgers
at Maryland
Indiana
at Illinois
at Michigan St
Michigan

Michigan
at Minnesota
Michigan St
at Indiana
Wisconsin
at Rutgers
Penn St
Maryland
at Ohio St

Reactions: NedFromYork
Schedules for OSU and Mich-

Ohio State
Nebraska
at PSU
Rutgers
at Maryland
Indiana
at Illinois
at Michigan St
Michigan

Michigan
at Minnesota
Michigan St
at Indiana
Wisconsin
at Rutgers
Penn St
Maryland
at Ohio St

Yeah, ESPN just showcased ‘big games’ for the B1G by week and PSU was in almost all of them.

Reactions: hlstone and psu00

Sorry I doubt I will watch if they won't at least allow students into the games. Absolute clown show the big ten and the state of PA is right now.

Get a grip.

FSU had 17,538 last week. I didn’t realize Doak Campbell was that small if that’s 50%.

The clown show is those that pretend that COVID is nothing and we should be packing 110k in this weekend.

Reactions: kickerinaz
FSU had 17,538 last week. I didn’t realize Doak Campbell was that small if that’s 50%.

The clown show is those that pretend that COVID is nothing and we should be packing 110k in this weekend.
Ooooo - virus! Back to your basement!! I can only assume your income is guaranteed from some government entity. You obviously don't own a hoagie shop in State College.

Ooooo - virus! Back to your basement!! I can only assume your income is guaranteed from some government entity. You obviously don't own a hoagie shop in State College.

Can you people knock this shit off?

Every thread. Even a thread about our football schedule. Every thread goes into this shitter.

In football threads, talk football or, respectfully, STFU.

Get a grip.
Attached boy! BOYCOTT!! I'm sure the B1G gives a 💩

Get a grip.
Should allow family members of players and all senior students as this is their last hurrah. That would be a reasonably sized crowd.

As a surprise to NO ONE, Ahia State has the easiest schedule!
SMFH!!!
Same schedule as PSU except we have Iowa and they have Illinois. Yes, Illinois is worse than Iowa but that’s all.

Michigan has the two best teams in the West in Minnesota and Wisky so I have trouble believing a conspiracy theory here.

In his defense, I watched the FSU game and in many shots it did look like they had a pretty good crowd. However, it was mostly a trick of camera angles. When they did show the wider stadium from above you could see it was much emptier than it appeared before. (A lot of people moved down and their upper deck and upper sideline sections were empty).

Not a huge fan of having tOSU in week 2. A bit early for our new Offensive Coordinator to have things clicking on all cylinders with so little practice.
However, I'm still just happy to be playing at all.
WE ARE!!!

Toughest possible schedule. I wanted Illinois instead of nebraska, a home opener, and ohio state later in the season

Should allow family members of players and all senior students as this is their last hurrah. That would be a reasonably sized crowd.

I liked what Army did- just cadets at the game spread out. ND had students and faculty IIRC.

With the Beav holding 107,000 I’d think you could allow just students and family members of players and still be under 25% capacity.

Every thread. Even a thread about our football schedule. Every thread goes into this shitter.

Football involves fans. Fans are people. People get viruses. How about you tell your people to turn off the propaganda spigot and let people get back to their lives instead of me STFU'ing?

Point taken - that said, I was attacked for criticizing the PA and b1g leadership (which haven't been very good imo). The fans are part of the schedule. No fans - I have less interest in the schedule. Also the way the b1g set this up - if you or anyone else here thinks we're actually going to play this entire schedule, I have a bridge to sell you.

Yes...December 1st 1979 Pitt at Penn State
Last year, November 30th against Rutgers was the second latest game at Beaver Stadium ever.
In 1968, we played Syracuse on December 7 at Beaver Stadium. That was one, very cold afternoon. The game was originally scheduled for I think October, but moved for TV. In those days there was only one game (or so) per week and each team could only be on once (maybe twice) in a season.

In 1968, we played Syracuse on December 7 at Beaver Stadium. That was one, very cold afternoon. The game was originally scheduled for I think October, but moved for TV. In those days there was only one game (or so) per week and each team could only be on once (maybe twice) in a season.
I was at the Syracuse game...nationally televised but the term had ended and many students had gone home for the month long Christmas break. I could be experiencing 50+ memory failure but seem to recall a fraternity whose Santa Claus-disguised brother carried a quarter keg in his bag into the senior section.

I think Harbaugh was on the scheduling committee... Michigan gets Indiana before Wisconsin, Maryland before PSU, and Rutgers before OSU. 🙄
Huh? They also play Minnesota and Wisconsin, the 2 best teams in the West. Meanwhile OSU plays Nebraska and Illinois...joke.

I was at the Syracuse game...nationally televised but the term had ended and many students had gone home for the month long Christmas break. I could be experiencing 50+ memory failure but seem to recall a fraternity whose Santa Claus-disguised brother carried a quarter keg in his bag into the senior section.
Ok...I read it wrong...I thought that 1968 game was at Syracuse.

As a surprise to NO ONE, Ahia State has the easiest schedule!
SMFH!!!
Yes they do... Indy, kNU, UM all at home with nice breaks in between. At PSU but no whiteout. Lines up nicely for them imo.

Imagine my shock. BTW, whatever happened to the 9 game schedule? I count 7 games. Did I miss something?

Yes they do... Indy, kNU, UM all at home with nice breaks in between. At PSU but no whiteout. Lines up nicely for them imo.

Imagine my shock. BTW, whatever happened to the 9 game schedule? I count 7 games. Did I miss something?
you don't count well. 8 games +1 is the plan

OSU's original, pre-covid schedule

Rutgers
Iowa
@MSU
@PSU
Nebraska
Indiana
@MD
@Ill
Michigan

OSU's new schedule

Rutgers
@MSU
@PSU
Nebraska
Indiana
@MD
@Ill
Michigan

Exactly the same, minus a crossover game. Same setup as everyone else

Reactions: cidsports
OSU's original, pre-covid schedule

Rutgers
Iowa
@MSU
@PSU
Nebraska
Indiana
@MD
@Ill
Michigan

OSU's new schedule

Rutgers
@MSU
@PSU
Nebraska
Indiana
@MD
@Ill
Michigan

Exactly the same, minus a crossover game. Same setup as everyone else
They just happened to lose the one tough crossover game they had....coincidence? I think not.

Reactions: pierremc
Huh? They also play Minnesota and Wisconsin, the 2 best teams in the West. Meanwhile OSU plays Nebraska and Illinois...joke.

True, but they're also nicely interspersed with what should be easier games. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely tougher than OSU's joke of a schedule. But I think it's general consensus that PSU, OSU, MI and Wisky appear to be the best 4 teams in the B1G. Looking at those 4 schedules, we're the only one that has 3 upper-half B1G teams back-to-back-to-back in Neb, Iowa & Mich.

Toughest possible schedule. I wanted Illinois instead of nebraska, a home opener, and ohio state later in the season
Stop being such a whiny little bitch. The b1g is front-loading the OSU-PSU game in anticipation of things getting shut down, with the ridiculous plan of not allowing for any postponements due to the virus. So for one of OSU or PSU, and of course we know it's targeted to OSU, either would have one really good win on their resume. The fact that the Michigan games are so much later on the schedule tells you all you need to know about the conference attitude toward Michigan: 3rd-best team in the division. Again.

Reactions: kickerinaz
I was there, also. Cold and windy. Remember, the one endzone was open back then. Wind really affected conditions. I was too bundled up in blankets to notice Santa. Too cold for beer at the game, anyway. Rum (and rum) and a little coke.

Reactions: Uh Clem and Nitwit
Has there ever been a PSU game in State College in December?? I'm too lazy to look it up.

On the bright side, if bowl games are being held there won't be a month long wait to play.
1979 Pitt game I believe. Don't know how I remember that but do.

1979 was the last time. 1968 before that.

PSU did play @UVa in 2001 in December as the 9/11 makeup game

ADVERTISEMENT