ADVERTISEMENT

Say something nice about Kentucky

NittPicker

Jun 30, 2001
It wasn't long ago we'd have a thread prior to every game in which we'd post something nice about our upcoming opponent. It could be about their school, state, mascot, players, coaches, etc. It was honestly something nice and not wisecracks about family feuds and missing teeth. So to steer away from some of the lame smack already starting here, I'll start.

In Kentucky on the first Saturday in May they throw a fantastic all day party in Louisville. I've never attended but would love take in the festivities someday.

fancy hats at Kentucky Derby

2012_Derby_hats_3-593f11223df78c537b9ca3b7.jpg

Besides the fact that I once lived there, 10 other great things about Kentucky:

1) The best views of Downtown Cincinnati, Ohio are from Kentucky.

2) Red River Gorge is a wonderful scenic area.

3) Home of Keeneland. Best horse track in America, bar none.

4) Like Pennsylvania, it is a Commonwealth.

5) Cumberland Falls in the southern part of the state: a mini Niagara Falls. Really. You can also regularly see moon-bows there.

6) Mammoth Cave, it lives up to its name.

7) The state produced the legendary Colonel Harlan Sanders.

8) Home of the Corvette: Bowling Green, Kentucky.

9) Also the home state of both Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis. The TRUE area where south meets north in America.

10) Bourbon trail. Kentucky bourbon is better than Tennessee whiskey.

It wasn't long ago we'd have a thread prior to every game in which we'd post something nice about our upcoming opponent. It could be about their school, state, mascot, players, coaches, etc. It was honestly something nice and not wisecracks about family feuds and missing teeth. So to steer away from some of the lame smack already starting here, I'll start.

In Kentucky on the first Saturday in May they throw a fantastic all day party in Louisville. I've never attended but would love take in the festivities someday.
They still have some good looking women in the state given generations of inbreeding

As some may recall, I just spent Thanksgiving in Paducah, KY with my brother-in-law and his family. I've been to Kentucky a half a dozen times, including 2 Penn State games in the 70's. I think it's a terrific state. The countryside was beautiful, the people were cordial, the food was great. I told my wife on our recent trip, Kentucky is a state I would feel very comfortable living in.

As some may recall, I just spent Thanksgiving in Paducah, KY with my brother-in-law and his family. I've been to Kentucky a half a dozen times, including 2 Penn State games in the 70's. I think it's a terrific state. The countryside was beautiful, the people were cordial, the food was great. I told my wife on our recent trip, Kentucky is a state I would feel very comfortable living in.

True.....but commuting back and forth to see your bride in Pittsburgh? That’s not a great game plan!

Bourbon trail and thoroughbred horse racing & breeding.....second to none. Most of the people I've met there (like most I've met pretty much everywhere) were friendly.

On the plus side:
1. In general, they have more teeth than people in some other nearby states.
2. In general, they breed less often with their sister or brother than the average Mississippian.
3. They lost to Tennessee....... ROTFLMAO
4 and 5
images
images

6. Ir rains there a lot.
7. KY jelly.

Last edited:
For the history nerds: General John Buford, a hero of Gettysburg, was a Kentuckian.

The Blue Grass and Western Kentucky Parkways are a very nice drive across the state.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I live in Lexington and it’s an awesome place. Beautiful city with a lot to do and a ton of great restaurants. I work all over the state and have found many great places such as Bowling Green, Louisville, Florence, Owensboro. 4th Street Live in Louisville is a great place to go in the evening. The people are great as is the bourbon. I have nothing bad to say about the area.

Couldn't have the term Pennsyltucky without Kentucky.

Fun side fact - Pennsyltucky was considered as one of the potential names for the state of West Virginia as the land spans the two states.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Nice rolling hills and great horse farms.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I went one year in the '70s. The game when the huge quarterback for them beat us almost single-handedly 24-20, I believe. Who was that qb who went on to a pro career as a tight end???

Loved the state and the people we met. Still remember the pleasant smell as we descended on the Taylor distillery, Old Grandad was closed the day we were there. Food was great!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT