ADVERTISEMENT

Saw a white deer yesterday.

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
2dqov85.jpg

This was the best of several pics we got from the car. There were several deer in the bunch; the back half of this one was almost all white. Sorry for the crappy pic.

There was a family of white deer (albino?) that lived on the golf course at Glen Mills. But, this was a few years ago. And they were pretty aggressive -would not back down when golfers approached.

There was a family of white deer (albino?) that lived on the golf course at Glen Mills. But, this was a few years ago. And they were pretty aggressive -would not back down when golfers approached.
As i understand it, the piebald like in my pic are not albinos. Albinos are ALL white, and have pink eyes. Piebald is just a color variation.

Did that deer recognize how privileged he is?
We used to have one here, near my house. Problem is, in the fall woods, a white deer stands out. I personally would never shoot one, but the last one we had here was wounded by a bowhunter and found dead 2 weeks later. What a waste

There's a house along the Big Pine river in Jersey Mills that has one of these deer mounted in a lying position in a bay window. Very unique.

As i understand it, the piebald like in my pic are not albinos. Albinos are ALL white, and have pink eyes. Piebald is just a color variation.
We had an all-white albino behind our house a couple years ago and a teenage neighbor shot it in doe season and got a full body mount of it. I also thought albinos always had pink eyes, but this one had bright blue eyes which I learned is not unusual.

We used to have one here, near my house. Problem is, in the fall woods, a white deer stands out. I personally would never shoot one, but the last one we had here was wounded by a bowhunter and found dead 2 weeks later. What a waste
I hunt in the Allegheny NF, in deep woods (Scandia area, above the dam). Couple years back there was a 6 point albino, beautiful deer.
My brother and i discussed it and we decided we wouldn't shoot it. There was another group of hunters in the area, and their goal was to take the albino, which they did on opening morning. No issue with them, as it is clearly a personal preference, and no law against it.
We did see the deer when we walked out to where we all parked, I probably have a pic of it somewhere.

Reactions: 91Joe95
We have a piebald doe that wonders our property in east Tennessee. Have numerous closeup photos of her. Don't know how to upload them here. I think you would enjoy seeing them.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I hunt in the Allegheny NF, in deep woods (Scandia area, above the dam). Couple years back there was a 6 point albino, beautiful deer.
My brother and i discussed it and we decided we wouldn't shoot it. There was another group of hunters in the area, and their goal was to take the albino, which they did on opening morning. No issue with them, as it is clearly a personal preference, and no law against it.
We did see the deer when we walked out to where we all parked, I probably have a pic of it somewhere.
Here is the albino ....
5g42tqT.jpg

and this is how my dad, brother and I did that day (our best year ever) ....
c9dP2Hb.jpg

Rare white deer roams Kensington Metropark near Milford

BILL LAITNER | DETROIT FREE PRESS
Updated 5:06 p.m. EDT Apr. 3, 2018

The unusual deer, whose coat is sheer white and which has a pink nose and blue-ish eyes, is one more reason that nature lovers enjoy coming to Kensington Metropark — about 30 miles west of Detroit.

Unlike a true albino animal, which would have pink eyes, Kensington’s white deer has a pink nose but blue-ish eyes that indicate it’s a genetic variation less rare than an actual albino, according to the website ProtectTheWhiteDeer.com, based in Wisconsin.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...04/03/kensington-albino-white-deer/480411002/

I have a lot of friends in Scandia and Russell.

That is a cow.

:cool:
That's what I thought too.

And that is a hilarious photograph!
EDIT: Thought I'd make this clear with all the photos of dead deer. The hilarious photograph is Obliviax's sig-pic. The others are impressive, not hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a herd of black Rhinos were spotted in Manhattan. This is how they travel due to the congestion.

The-Last-Three-Northern-Rhino-Untapped-Cities-Gillie-and-Marc-Astor-Place.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT