ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Stuff 2/27

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
* Real Woods will be wrestling at the PAC-12 tournament @ 141
* Chestnut Ridge has had a BAD early round at the lower weights at the Southwest AA regional. Their #1 seed lost in the 1st round at 113. Also losing in the 1st round was their 106, 138, 145 and 160. Several were upsets. Their 106 lost 2nd round as did their #2 ranked 126. Their #2 ranked 152 and 172 have yet to wrestle in the 2nd round. With no wrestlers at 120, 187, 215 and Hwt. it is not the results I was expecting :(. Go Wrestle backs!
* Mason Gibson had a 22-5 TF in 1:42 1st round and a 16-1 TF in 1:14 in the 2nd round and will wrestle the 6th seed Walk (insert pun ) in the finals @ 120
* Pierson Manville lost to Jude Swisher of Bellefonte 7-6 in the 132lb. AAA final and then lost the true 2nd to Braden Bower of Williamsport 3-2
* Mason Gibson wins Championship 25-9 in 4:35 over Walk of Tyrone
* Chestnut Ridge finished 3rd in the regional behind Burrell and Forest Hills. No champions. Quite a surprise to me.....sadly. Forest Hills had 1 champ....Jackson Arrington....who went MD, TF and then Fall in the final.

Last edited:
Sophomore Sonny Sasso was sixth seed at 172 in Northeast Regionals today and he has made the finals.
Seems to me I know that name Sasso from somewhere else.😉

Reactions: danoftw
Sophomore Sonny Sasso was sixth seed at 172 in Northeast Regionals today and he has made the finals.
That's not quite true. Sasso wasn't the 6th seed. At regionals, PA only seeds the district champs. Everyone else gets slotted into standard brackets.

Sasso was the D11 runner-up, so he got put into the opposite half away from Falcone.

Reactions: danoftw
We really, really need to recruit him. Can anyone tell me why we're not recruiting him? He would look good in the blue and white. It might be the end of the dynasty if we don't recruit him. Full court press!!!

Am I doing this right?

That's not quite true. Sasso wasn't the 6th seed. At regionals, PA only seeds the district champs. Everyone else gets slotted into standard brackets.

Sasso was the D11 runner-up, so he got put into the opposite half away from Falcone.
The Brackets on Lehigh Valley Live showed the tournament sheet with seeds 1 thru 8. Just assumed they used some type of seeding.

The Brackets on Lehigh Valley Live showed the tournament sheet with seeds 1 thru 8. Just assumed they used some type of seeding.
Another way to look at it: he was clearly the best district runner-up, and everybody knew it going in.

If they seeded beyond district champs, that would make him the 4 seed -- and facing Falcone in the semis.

Reactions: Callthestall
Lehigh Valley Live not showing team score. Last week , I think Nazareth had to win last 3 weights to beat BECA. Freshman Heavyweight Kinney pinned his opponent , Nazareth beat BECA by half point.
Kinney is in finals tonight. He pretty good for a Freshman.
Update: Kinney pinned his opponent in the finals.
Sasso lost to Falcone of Easton 3-2

Last edited:
I think this weekend really shows to the Manville family that PA isn't quite what they've been exposed to before. Credit to the older boy for overcoming what he's been through.

Lehigh Valley Live not showing team score. Last week , I think Nazareth had to win last 3 weights to beat BECA. Freshman Heavyweight Kinney pinned his opponent , Nazareth beat BECA by half point.
Kinney is in finals tonight. He pretty good for a Freshman.
Update: Kinney pinned his opponent in the finals.
Sasso lost to Falcone of Easton 3-2

Full court press on this Falcone kid.

Reactions: ccdiver
Lehigh won EIWA for 4th straight year.
They had 4 champs. Sending all 10 wrestlers to NCAA.
About half the lineup are local kids from New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Stroudsburg Jake Jacobsen won the Sheridan award for most pins.
Update on Crookham situation. With more knowledge of what happened at NDGP, the father was the issue not Ryan. The Coach tried to rectify the situation but the father didn't want to change his demanding ways.

Lehigh won EIWA for 4th straight year.
They had 4 champs. Sending all 10 wrestlers to NCAA.
About half the lineup are local kids from New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Stroudsburg Jake Jacobsen won the Sheridan award for most pins.
Update on Crookham situation. With more knowledge of what happened at NDGP, the father was the issue not Ryan. The Coach tried to rectify the situation but the father didn't want to change his demanding ways.
Found out a little more on issue that created the situation. Father's concerns were maybe justified but not his demeanor.
I had it told to me that Ryan had a concussion. Coach and father had different ideas on how to handle the recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT