ADVERTISEMENT

Saquon trolls Rutgers and Maryland

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Carlin, who is the radio voice of Rutgers football, asked Barkley about his decision to flip his college commitment from Rutgers to Penn State on WFAN’s The Afternoon Drive with Carlin, Maggie and Bart. Barkley’s response was diplomatic.

“The reason why I left, no disrespect to Rutgers University, being a PA guy living and raised in Pennsylvania that Penn State’s longevity was going to help me,” Barkley said. “I wasn’t just looking at the NFL. I predicted and hoped to be in this situation, but say if it didn’t go that way, I felt like a degree from Penn State University separated myself if I went to, say, a school like Rutgers or a school like Maryland. It’s no offense to those schools at all, but it’s just two different schools. Penn State is a well-known, prestigious school. At that young age, I made a very tough but educated decision.”

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/penn-state-football-saquon-barkley-giants-draft-chris-carlin

Meltdown has already started on the Rutgers board.

Carlin, who is the radio voice of Rutgers football, asked Barkley about his decision to flip his college commitment from Rutgers to Penn State on WFAN’s The Afternoon Drive with Carlin, Maggie and Bart. Barkley’s response was diplomatic.

“The reason why I left, no disrespect to Rutgers University, being a PA guy living and raised in Pennsylvania that Penn State’s longevity was going to help me,” Barkley said. “I wasn’t just looking at the NFL. I predicted and hoped to be in this situation, but say if it didn’t go that way, I felt like a degree from Penn State University separated myself if I went to, say, a school like Rutgers or a school like Maryland. It’s no offense to those schools at all, but it’s just two different schools. Penn State is a well-known, prestigious school. At that young age, I made a very tough but educated decision.”

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/penn-state-football-saquon-barkley-giants-draft-chris-carlin

LOL - That's hilar...

Oh wait. I have a UMD degree, Saquan! {Somebody hold me back!}

Did my grad work at UMd... no offense taken. And no conflict for me when they play.. at all. lol.

SB's sh!t was hilarious and i can only imagine how well it is playing at Buttgers.

otoh, my guess is the NYG's aren't thrilled since the scarlet comprise a segment of their viewing market.

I think it's time SB's agent jumped on stage and started doing some.. umm... talking!

Your definition of trolling and mine are different.

This is just a guy giving his opinion.

Ldn

Did my grad work at UMd... no offense taken. And no conflict for me when they play.. at all. lol.

SB's sh!t was hilarious and i can only imagine how well it is playing at Buttgers.

otoh, my guess is the NYG's aren't thrilled since the scarlet comprise a segment of their viewing market.

I think it's time SB's agent jumped on stage and started doing some.. umm... talking!

If a Rutgers fan stops following the Giants because of that comment by Barkley, then they weren't worth worrying about in the first place.

If a Rutgers fan stops following the Giants because of that comment by Barkley, then they weren't worth worrying about in the first place.

If Rutgers fans stopped following the Giants it would be like me losing a pound. Hardly noticeable.

Serious question.... is Rutgers still in the B1G? Heard rumors they may be removed. Just haven't heard anything about that University or its sports programs in a while. Want sure if they were still D-1 or not. Kind of an irrelevant University, amirite?

What for?

How’d the Flyers shoot on the back 9 today? Heard they looked pretty good at the turn.

You realize that the Eagles are reigning Superbowl Champions and the Steelers lost their only playoff game at home?
You realize that the Sixers just stomped the Heat and are in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs and the ..oh wait, Pittsburgh isn't a big enough town to support an NBA team.
You realize that the Pirates haven't won a division title in 25 years, a Pennant in 39, or a playoff series in at least 25 years.
But hey, you'll always have the Pens. They beat a lower seeded Flyers team in the playoffs 4 games to 2. Congrats on them meeting expectations.

People spend a lot of time on this board talking about Pitt's inferiority complex vs Penn State. What I'll never understand, for all of the ridiculous "Title Town" chest thumping, Pens/Steelers fans spend at least as much energy focused on Philly team's failures as they do on the success of the Pens/Steelers. I can't think of a Philly fan that wastes any brain cells worried about Pittsburgh teams. Inferiority must run deep and wide in the Burgh.

Reactions: Kmase21 and psuro

Why? He thinks PSU is a more prestigious school than Rutgers or Maryland. Despite being ranked higher in US News, Rutgers fans think their school is better. It's all a matter of preference. How about a pro-RU radio personality not ask Saquon about decommitting from RU? Don't ask the question if you're don't think you'll like the answer.

Reactions: PSUer1989
I wish he wouldn't have said anything. None of this was necessary.

They asked him the question. He did thank Rutgers for the opportunity and said he's forever grateful. Should he lie? He's being honest about why he flipped. Besides, he owes that fanbase absolutely NADA. They have bad-mouthed him plenty over the last three years.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Why? He thinks PSU is a more prestigious school than Rutgers or Maryland. Despite being ranked higher in US News, Rutgers fans think their school is better. It's all a matter of preference. How about a pro-RU radio personality not ask Saquon about decommitting from RU? Don't ask the question if you're don't think you'll like the answer.
Hmmm... I gather you haven't SEEN his agent... the more we see of her the better. So that part of my comment was meant for entertainment value.

dbjp_t_waaei4cz-1.jpg

sigh... i thought everyone was on board the kim miale is Sb's agent and we could care less WHAT she's talking about... just get out there and talk. lol.

You realize that the Eagles are reigning Superbowl Champions and the Steelers lost their only playoff game at home?
You realize that the Sixers just stomped the Heat and are in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs and the ..oh wait, Pittsburgh isn't a big enough town to support an NBA team.
You realize that the Pirates haven't won a division title in 25 years, a Pennant in 39, or a playoff series in at least 25 years.
But hey, you'll always have the Pens. They beat a lower seeded Flyers team in the playoffs 4 games to 2. Congrats on them meeting expectations.

People spend a lot of time on this board talking about Pitt's inferiority complex vs Penn State. What I'll never understand, for all of the ridiculous "Title Town" chest thumping, Pens/Steelers fans spend at least as much energy focused on Philly team's failures as they do on the success of the Pens/Steelers. I can't think of a Philly fan that wastes any brain cells worried about Pittsburgh teams. Inferiority must run deep and wide in the Burgh.

What does that have to do with hockey and the Pens/Flyers series? Try staying on the topic at hand simpleton.

What does that have to do with hockey and the Pens/Flyers series? Try staying on the topic at hand simpleton.

You mean the topic of Saquon Barkely talking about Rutgers and UMD? Just another Pittsburgh crybaby with an inferiority complex.
Inferiority+Complex+A+person+may+become+unable+to+overcome+feelings+of+inferiority,+making+it+a+complex..jpg

You mean the topic of Saquon Barkely talking about Rutgers and UMD? Just another Pittsburgh crybaby with an inferiority complex.
Inferiority+Complex+A+person+may+become+unable+to+overcome+feelings+of+inferiority,+making+it+a+complex..jpg
I have no clue where this fits in to this thread. It reminds me of my roommate my junior year smoking weed out of a soda can and speaking jiberish. Sorry.

I have no clue where this fits in to this thread. It reminds me of my roommate my junior year smoking weed out of a soda can and speaking jiberish. Sorry.

you should reread the thread to see where some half-wit injects a Flyers-Penguins hockey series into a thread about Saquon Barkley and a comment about Rutgers/UMD

They asked him the question. He did thank Rutgers for the opportunity and said he's forever grateful. Should he lie? He's being honest about why he flipped. Besides, he owes that fanbase absolutely NADA. They have bad-mouthed him plenty over the last three years.
And if you read the thread there are a few of the inevitable Jersey Shore cast member rejects wishing injuy in him.
Eff Rutgres.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT