ADVERTISEMENT

Saquon trade rumors run amock

I just want Saquon to go to a team that has an offensive line that can block for him and a QB and WR's that can put on SOME kind of passing game so that opposing defenses don't have eight men in the box all the time.

Lots of rumors. Some he wants to stay with Giants. Others say Giants will pay some salary to unload him. Nonresident, Dolphins, Jets all rumored.
I was thrilled when picked by the Giants. However, I felt it was a bad situation for Saquon, as they had no offensive line. And, angered that Giants did not pick Micah last year. Regardless, if the Giants do not take 2 monster OL with their first two picks in the draft, SB would be better off going to a team with an OL so he can showcase his abilities as a RB. Yes, he did well first year when there was a semblance of an OL. I feared he would get hurt with his all-out style of running if no one blocking for him. It saddened me to see him for the past year not even to be able to get into the secondary before tackled. Great RB and great heart - he needs to find a team with an OL and a good offensive coach and schema.

Reactions: harbest
It is important for fans to remember that players are no longer evaluated on how "good" they are. There is an ongoing effort to understand "value" of a player against the salary cap. A highly paid player can be cut not because they aren't any good but because they aren't worth the salary as it takes away from plugging a player into another position. For example, the Browns just picked up Amari Cooper at WR for next to nothing. Why? Cowboys needed that salary cap space to fill other gaps. The NBA has done this for years.

Would this even be a thought: Najee Harris, a 2022 7th round pick, 2023 2nd Round pick, 2024 3rd round pick for Barkey and one of the Giants 1st rounders in 2022.

^^^^
I love Saquon, but any running back who could run for 1,200 yards behind the O-line the Steelers have is a keeper.
I am a huge Barkley guy but I was tryin to get him and sneak that early 1st rounder for taking him off their hands.

Giants should trade him to KC for CEH and a mid-round pick. Saquon would be perfect in that offense and CEH would be a nice fit with the G-men.

Would this even be a thought: Najee Harris, a 2022 7th round pick, 2023 2nd Round pick, 2024 3rd round pick for Barkey and one of the Giants 1st rounders in 2022.
Giants are paying someone a top 10 pick to take Barkley. And for Barkley's sake I don't want him in Pittsburgh.

WHAT?

Harris > Barkley

I am sorry, but Barkley injury history makes him a question mark IMO.

As I stated earlier, I was trying to think of a way to sneak one of those early draft picks away from the Giants.

ADVERTISEMENT