ADVERTISEMENT

Saquon Barkley: I've been following Penn State football for going on 50 years now.

Howie'81

Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
West Orange, NJ
And I must say that Saquon Barkley will, for me, is and will always be on the Mount Rushmore of our illustrious Penn State football program.

I feel blessed to have watched him play and will always feel that way about him.

Because of the weaknesses in run blocking and exigencies of the RPO, Barkley was denied the Heisman, but there is no doubt in my mind, that Barkley is the finest football player to don a collegiate uniform in a long, long time.

I will always admire this young man and I will ever hold a special place for him in my heart.

Thank you Saquon for being Saquon.

And I must say that Saquon Barkley will, for me, is and will always be on the Mount Rushmore of our illustrious Penn State football program.

I feel blessed to have watched him play and will always feel that way about him.

Because of the weaknesses in run blocking and exigencies of the RPO, Barkley was denied the Heisman, but there is no doubt in my mind, that Barkley is the finest football player to don a collegiate uniform in a long, long time.

I will always admire this young man and I will ever hold a special place for him in my heart.

A justified man crush, Howie! He has absolutely represented Penn State well. He's one of those guys who - whenever he returns - will get the loudest, longest ovation from an appreciative crowd.

I can't say for sure he's the best because it's difficult to compare. He's definitely one of the best. He blocks well, runs well, catches well, and has a GREAT attitude. Fantastic representative of the university. My wish list for Barkley:
  1. Finish his degree
  2. Success in the NFL
  3. Success after the NFL
  4. Come back to PSU often

True dat! For the last several years I would watch PSU games and the other team would often have someone just clearly better than everyone else on the field and I'd think why can't we have a guy like that? With Barkley, we had that for three years and it was an absolute pleasure to watch. While individuals always make plays that excite based on the team success their performance affords, Saquon Barkley was one of the very few players ever who, individually, stirred joy based on his personal effort and success. For some reason, I was just even happier when he played well than I was for any other player. I found it interesting to experience personally.

I totally agree with and am most appreciative of all the excellent comments about Saquon. He truly is one terrific young man and has been a phenomenal football player. CJF said it best (maybe a bit paraphrased) “ Saquon Barkley is the best football player I’ve seen in my lifetime, and he is better person than he is a football player”. He’s been a wonderful representative of PSU and I’m sure he’ll prove to be a great ambassador for the fortunate NFL team that selects him and for the entire league. The NFL if it’s smart will realize all of his attributes and should do everything in its ability to extensively celebrate not just his amazing talent, but also leverage his impeccable character and humble attitude to re-establish its image as an organization that places the highest value on someone who in many ways demonstrates serving as an ideal role model.

Dilly Dilly Howie!!!

Reactions: EPC FAN
I think Howard Griffith on BTN said it best. Every time Saquon touches the ball, there's that moment of hold your breath excitement, that he does something spectacular.

I think Howard Griffith on BTN said it best. Every time Saquon touches the ball, there's that moment of hold your breath excitement, that he does something spectacular.

It was the same feeling I had as a Bears fan every time Devin Hester caught a punt...you thought that something great was about to happen. There aren't many backs who when they got into space would just run away from defenders like Secretariat in the Belmont.

A justified man crush, Howie! He has absolutely represented Penn State well. He's one of those guys who - whenever he returns - will get the loudest, longest ovation from an appreciative crowd.
I'll actually start the ovation before he even gets into town .. he's that good and respected!

I can't say for sure he's the best because it's difficult to compare. He's definitely one of the best. He blocks well, runs well, catches well, and has a GREAT attitude. Fantastic representative of the university. My wish list for Barkley:
  1. Finish his degree
  2. Success in the NFL
  3. Success after the NFL
  4. Come back to PSU often

If I may add one?

* be an incredible ambassador and advocate for the Pennsylvania State University just as Franco was during the “incident”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT