ADVERTISEMENT

Saquon’s recovery

jmorovich

Apr 28, 2015
I am worried Saquon’s leg strength won’t be where it needs to be coming off that ACL.

Wait..never mind

523-BC03-B-1-FA2-4-F5-C-96-DE-E400497-D227-E.jpg

LOL

I am sure that we all wish the absolute best for him, especially as it pertains to his health (and remaining free from any other injuries)...

that said, on a somewhat separate point of clarification, obviously muscles and joints can be two very different topics...🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jason1743
LOL

I am sure that we all wish the absolute best for him, especially as it pertains to his health (and remaining free from any other injuries)...

that said, on a somewhat separate point of clarification, obviously muscles and joints can be two very different topics...🤷‍♂️
ALCs can heal, that much we know. I checked and it was his right knee that broke, so I’d like to see a picture of that right knee before I’m convinced. He does look very strong, though, and I see no reason to be pessimistic. After all, we do know his heart and his work ethic.

Want only success for him, but he tore ACL, not a muscle? Can’t tell how well healed the ACL is from that photo.

ALCs can heal, that much we know. I checked and it was his right knee that broke, so I’d like to see a picture of that right knee before I’m convinced. He does look very strong, though, and I see no reason to be pessimistic. After all, we do know his heart and his work ethic.
Kind of difficult to sustain muscles and activities like the one shown with a weakened ACL. However, I have been convinced that the physics of oversized muscle may exceed the unknown limits of an a ligament or tendon. Anyone know how to measure the limits of either of these connectors?

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Kind of difficult to sustain muscles and activities like the one shown with a weakened ACL. However, I have been convinced that the physics of oversized muscle may exceed the unknown limits of an a ligament or tendon. Anyone know how to measure the limits of either of these connectors?
This ^^^^. It goes back to Bo Jackson breaking his hip DUE to his extreme strength. He was being tackled and with his large leg muscles, pulled right out of the tackle. But the weakest point between him pulling out of the tackle and the tackler himself, was the hip socket.

Reactions: bison13
I’m more concerned about I’m playing for a Giants team that has a bad OL. The QB and WRs certainly don’t help the situation. Teams are going to stack the line.

Reactions: BEEFZ
This ^^^^. It goes back to Bo Jackson breaking his hip DUE to his extreme strength. He was being tackled and with his large leg muscles, pulled right out of the tackle. But the weakest point between him pulling out of the tackle and the tackler himself, was the hip socket.

Not surprising to me. I am missing one ACL have been for decades. My friend Tom as well. We run mountain trails and for two old bozos in our 70s .. I would say we have exceptional muscle mass in both our calves and thighs. Tom had a cadaver acl implant, I suppose you would call it that and it dissolved .. whisked away by the vascular system I suppose in tiny particles. My ACL totally detached. Tom was scheduled to have a second implanted ACL... he told his Dr to go fly. His up hill straight forward running built up his muscles and is why I joined him.

We each, on occasion, turn our knee joint and there is pain even though our muscles are trained as much as possible not to let this happen.

With all this effort to avoid pain through muscle training I still cannot imagine the pain I would experience trying to cut, with half the torque and at half the acute angles that SB has done routinely. My knee hurts just thinking about it.

Last edited:
I’m more concerned about I’m playing for a Giants team that has a bad OL. The QB and WRs certainly don’t help the situation. Teams are going to stack the line.
100%. If Saquon had E Elliot’s Cowboys line or the Tennessee Titan line, he’d be in the stratosphere of yardage. He does so much more with less than any back out there, probably ever, Period. It’s not even debatable

I am pulling hard but the injury was not just an ACL tear but a partial tear of the Meniscus and an MCL strain. He should really be careful about trying to get back too soon as Tyrell Davis suggested. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT