ADVERTISEMENT

Sandusky's former lawyer facing 14 new felony charges.

Funny, I seem to remember one of the board lawyers claiming he was tops in the area.
Tops in the area doesn't necessarily mean he is any good. They may all be poor in character and performance but he might be the best of a load of crap.

Tops in the area doesn't necessarily mean he is any good. They may all be poor in character and performance but he might be the best of a load of crap.

"The area" also has a DA allegedly forging judges' signatures, a judge texting the DA in the middle of the trial (now forced to resign or "retire") and Joe Amendola, who emancipated a minor from her parents and then married her. Tops in the area is still a national joke.

"The area" also has a DA allegedly forging judges' signatures, a judge texting the DA in the middle of the trial (now forced to resign or "retire") and Joe Amendola, who emancipated a minor from her parents and then married her. Tops in the area is still a national joke.

We also had a former Supreme Crt Justice acting as the attorney for C/S/S & PSU eiether simultaneously, or not, or sometimes.

We had Joe's initial representation practically admit that he knew about JS doing things with kids of a sexual nature, or at least letting that impression stand uncontested

But we also have Shubin, who seems to have done a fantastic job for his clients. He's clearly tops in the area. The only attorney in all of this who's really got a winning record & not currently indicted, in jail, convicted, or in jeopardy.

We also had a former Supreme Crt Justice acting as the attorney for C/S/S & PSU eiether simultaneously, or not, or sometimes.

We had Joe's initial representation practically admit that he knew about JS doing things with kids of a sexual nature, or at least letting that impression stand uncontested

But we also have Shubin, who seems to have done a fantastic job for his clients. He's clearly tops in the area. The only attorney in all of this who's really got a winning record & not currently indicted, in jail, convicted, or in jeopardy.
O. M. G.

He HAS TO BE doing this shit as a joke today.....doesn't he?

Every thread going full douchebag.

Is there an honest lawyer, politician, or government official anywhere in this state?
https://twitter.com/PatriotNews/status/652140409229996032?s=09
I can't speak for the politicians, or government officials, but I've been a member of the bar for over 40 years and I believe that all the lawyers I know well are extremely honest. Just as in any occupation, a few bad ones cast a pall over all the others. Lawyers are generally adversarial and so their conduct, even when totally above board, often evokes criticism from the party on the other side. Such is the nature of the profession.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Rominger's practice was actually based out of Cumberland County in Carlisle, not too terribly close to State College. I can't say I knew too much about him prior to the Sandusky trial, but I do know that he and Amendola did not work too terribly well together, and suspect that Amendola would have rathered he stay back in Carlisle. From my recollection at the time, Jerry or a family member saw one of Rominger's advertisements and decided to hire the guy, and as a result his attorneys clashed throughout the trial, where neither was terribly effective.

I can't speak for the politicians, or government officials, but I've been a member of the bar for over 40 years and I believe that all the lawyers I know well are extremely honest. Just as in any occupation, a few bad ones cast a pall over all the others. Lawyers are generally adversarial and so their conduct, even when totally above board, often evokes criticism from the party on the other side. Such is the nature of the profession.
One of my childhood friends is an attorney. He is as upstanding as anyone I know. Another childhood friend is an attorney. I consider him to be fairly trustworthy.
I graduated high school with this guy:

LINK: Once called the "meanest attorney in America."

LINK: 3rd Circuit upholds attorney's sentence

LINK: USA vs. Zats

Oh well. All people and professions are a mixed bag of tricks. Obviously, Zats was not typical.

Reactions: fairgambit
O. M. G.

He HAS TO BE doing this shit as a joke today.....doesn't he?

Every thread going full douchebag.

Do you ever contribute to the discussion or are you just here to evaluate our worthiness? Do you have a website somewhere that posts guidelines on what is acceptable to you?

Or is your point that Baldwin is a fantastic lawyer? Do you know her personally? Or that Scott did a masterful job representing Joe in the beginning of all this, defusing what might have made his father and PSU look bad? Or are you arguing that Shubin getting $60M for his clients, most who didn't even need to testify to ANYTHING, didn't do a pretty good job of lawyering, taken objectively?

m52qs.jpg

But we also have Shubin, who seems to have done a fantastic job for his clients. He's clearly tops in the area.

Myron, Myers was going to testify for Jerry. IMO a big reason the jury believed the "victims" was because they felt Jerry was a monster. Myers saying nothing happened during the highlighted incident would have done wonders for the jury. IMO they would have been more objective with their listening skills. There is a big difference between hearing the story of a small boy alone with a monster and a teenager being with someone trying to help straighten out their unruly life. The prosecution said that Myers was not V2, but still Myers would have testified. This along with Matt's testimony would have helped Jerry immensely. However, when Amendola was going to call them, Shubin said that they switched sides. Shubin then got both Myers and Matt $3mil from PSU. I guess if you like lawyers who do this, then Shubin did a fantastic job.

However, a few months ago while championing Matt's charity, Shubin bragged to reporters all the victims he represented. Shubin included V2. Can you think of a reason Shubin should not be indicted?

Do you ever contribute to the discussion or are you just here to evaluate our worthiness? Do you have a website somewhere that posts guidelines on what is acceptable to you?

Or is your point that Baldwin is a fantastic lawyer? Do you know her personally? Or that Scott did a masterful job representing Joe in the beginning of all this, defusing what might have made his father and PSU look bad? Or are you arguing that Shubin getting $60M for his clients, most who didn't even need to testify to ANYTHING, didn't do a pretty good job of lawyering, taken objectively?

m52qs.jpg

I - honestly - upon rereading the flow, should have been more clear that I was commenting wrt:

"But we also have Shubin, who seems to have done a fantastic job for his clients. He's clearly tops in the area. The only attorney in all of this who's really got a winning record & not currently indicted, in jail, convicted, or in jeopardy."

I assumed that would be clear....but, in fairness, mea culpa - I should have been more precise.

Your other points? I agree with. That certainly was NOT clear in my initial reply......and it should have been. :-(

From my recollection at the time, Jerry or a family member saw one of Rominger's advertisements and decided to hire the guy

God forbid I ever get jammed up, but if that should happen to me, that is exactly what I'm going to do. Select a lawyer based on advertising.

I always thought the 'ol Soapster was pretty dimwitted. Not exactly a genius like Norman Einstein.

God forbid I ever get jammed up, but if that should happen to me, that is exactly what I'm going to do. Select a lawyer based on advertising.

I always thought the 'ol Soapster was pretty dimwitted. Not exactly a genius like Norman Einstein.
Rominger was confused. He thought that JS was in an auto accident.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
One of my childhood friends is an attorney. He is as upstanding as anyone I know. Another childhood friend is an attorney. I consider him to be fairly trustworthy.
I graduated high school with this guy:
LINK: Once called the "meanest attorney in America."
LINK: 3rd Circuit upholds attorney's sentence
LINK: USA vs. Zats
Oh well. All people and professions are a mixed bag of tricks. Obviously, Zats was not typical.
One of the things I have seen over my 40+ years is the continuing increase in the number of lawyers. With so many, there are bound to be bad apples. They draw the headlines while the rest labor in relative obscurity, just trying to help people navigate the complex legal system we have in this country.

Reactions: mn78psu83
One of the things I have seen over my 40+ years is the continuing increase in the number of lawyers. With so many, there are bound to be bad apples. They draw the headlines while the rest labor in relative obscurity, just trying to help people navigate the complex legal system we have in this country.
The only attorneys we have have ever dealt with have been exemplary members of the profession and I would refer any and all to both.

I - honestly - upon rereading the flow, should have been more clear that I was commenting wrt:

"But we also have Shubin, who seems to have done a fantastic job for his clients. He's clearly tops in the area. The only attorney in all of this who's really got a winning record & not currently indicted, in jail, convicted, or in jeopardy."

I assumed that would be clear....but, in fairness, mea culpa - I should have been more precise.

Your other points? I agree with. That certainly was NOT clear in my initial reply......and it should have been. :-(

Fair enough.

OK. I am not endorsing Shubin for AG or Man of the Year or anything. But he has done an excellent job of lawyering, on these cases, if you look at it dispassionately. Perhaps one day down the road he'll make the list, for suborning perjury or something. But for now he's done a fantastic job, to the detriment of PSU, State College, JS, C/S/S/JVP, and all of us alumni & fans. But of the lawyers from the area, that have been involved in this case, he's the guy I'd want on my side if the chips were down.

I also like JS's new attorney. Wick Sollers is awesome. Spanier's attorney seems good. But none of them are from "the area."

Try again. Rominger is from Harrisburg area. Home to many attorneys both good and bad, including JoePa's attorney Josh Locke. Rominger was not even close to tops. He was a legend in his own mind who was good at self-promotion, and it actually worked well for him until recently.

ADVERTISEMENT