Sad

kts136

Nov 21, 2013
Information is more available today for better or worse to everyone. It’s mostly for better, but you do see people use it for evil too. You don’t have just 3 channels on TV and can see the information out there. It’s available 24x7 now and you have at least 8-10 channels just on TV that are dedicated just for that. Never mind the internet. You’re lies will get caught now and played over and over again.

You want to say it’s sad now? The US’s false bravado has been sad for a while now. We are the dysfunctional family that boasts outward our shit doesn’t stink, but we’re a mess too. It’s been sad for a while and the kids that everyone talks about didn’t create all the issues either. They are inheriting a ton of debt in this nation and a planet that is in crisis. They just saw our Capitol building stormed by “patriots” over a lost election, but again who is setting that tone? My kids are just old enough now to really gather what is going on and it’s bit of a sh!t show. Things like No we have never seen the Capitol stormed after an election was lost. Try explaining to them that our POTUS is such a sore loser that he couldn’t just take the loss. No the losers of elections do not stage huge loser rallies, just this one.

It is sad but it didn’t just happen. It’s been decades in creating this environment. Yet very few want to own that fact.
You just voted in a president who has been a main contributor to all of what you state....

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
And you voted for a man who was there for most of that...
Versus the guy that staged a coup because he lost an election. What POTUS has ever held a rally and begged people to go there for it because he couldn’t sack up and accept the loss like an adult. It never occurs to you that Biden isn’t some trophy, but Trump was that awful as a leader and as a human overall. A goat could have run against him and gotten the nod. I don’t fly a flag or wear a hat for any politician. That isn’t normal to me, it’s weird. Start there.

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
@TFBaum - another piece of advice for you. Do not disclose anything personal. People like Ned are not asking for genuine reasons.
I don’t give a damn who he is or where he lives. I’m not BWLyin’. I was curious how old he is or what decade his grad yr was. He keeps referring to Stalin. Stalin died in ‘53.
Every American is entitled to their own political beliefs. But there are limits. Every service member is vetted.
Level 1: the military oath that every academy and service member takes to protect and defend the constitution. If your hanging in chat rooms where nutbags are floating ideas that clearly violate that oath.
Level 2: Security threat. Again, if you consort or hang out in person or online where the same seditious ideas are shared openly you have lost your right to be a member of the armed services.
Level 3: The mere fact that I have to explain what is plainly obvious to an academy grad should scare the shit out of everyone.

etc etc etc. unbelievable...

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Versus the guy that staged a coup because he lost an election. What POTUS has ever held a rally and begged people to go there for it because he couldn’t sack up and accept the loss like an adult. It never occurs to you that Biden isn’t some trophy, but Trump was that awful as a leader and as a human overall. A goat could have run against him and gotten the nod. I don’t fly a flag or wear a hat for any politician. That isn’t normal to me, it’s weird. Start there.
A COUP!!!! lmfao....

Worst coup ever.....

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I don’t give a damn who he is or where he lives. I’m not BWLyin’. I was curious how old he is or what decade his grad yr was. He keeps referring to Stalin. Stalin died in ‘53.
Every American is entitled to their own political beliefs. But there are limits. Every service member is vetted.
Level 1: the military oath that every academy and service member takes to protect and defend the constitution. If your hanging in chat rooms where nutbags are floating ideas that clearly violate that oath.
Level 2: Security threat. Again, if you consort or hang out in person or online where the same seditious ideas are shared openly you have lost your right to be a member of the armed services.
Level 3: The mere fact that I have to explain what is plainly obvious to an academy grad should scare the shit out of everyone.

So you admit you didn't serve. Good to know.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020

Wow would you please cite what code I am breaking? You really don’t know what you are talking about once discharged you are an America citizen.

Last edited:

kts136

Nov 21, 2013
The “coup” happened before you voted for Biden? Maybe those rally goers had a point.....

Trump was absolutely no trophy. And he is not a good person. But if you and/or the younger generations are going to bitch about a 50 year history of government “propaganda and being FOS” then I’ll never understand how you could vote for a man who was there for nearly all of that. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: psuted and Ski

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
Wow would you please cite what code I am breaking? You really don’t know what you are talking about once discharged you are an America citizen.
To be clear, my responses are in direct reference to this sentence in your OP : "What is going on with the purge of the National Guard of a soldiers freedom of their thinking. "

I take this to mean that the government can't or shouldn't purge a service member for holding certain beliefs. I agree BUT it is what happens after the thought or belief that i disagree. If I have misunderstood your sentence feel free to provide greater context.

As for what happens after the thought or belief (i.e. sharing or communicating or joining like minded organizations) there are lots of limits laid out in laws, rules, regs and policies at the DoD that service members; active, reservists, on duty and off duty can and cannot express.

That is what I was trying to express in my posts.

Reference:

The Hatch Act

Last edited:

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Well, he does have an argument there, too. Think about it. We spent decades and billions of dollars fighting a cold war against the Soviet Union, only to trend towards communism in the end. That's what you call a pyrrhic victory. You've won the battle but lost the war.
Where is this “trend towards communism” of which you speak? The ever increasing wealth gap in the U.S. suggests just the opposite. We may have tax increases in the near future. That remains to be seen. If so, any increase will likely be less than the tax cut Congress put through a couple of years ago.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
To be clear, my responses are in direct reference to this sentence in your OP : "What is going on with the purge of the National Guard of a soldiers freedom of their thinking. "

I take this to mean that the government can't or shouldn't purge a service member for holding certain beliefs. I agree BUT it is what happens after the thought or belief that i disagree. If I have misunderstood your sentence feel free to provide greater context.

As for what happens after the thought or belief (i.e. sharing or communicating or joining like minded organizations) there are lots of limits laid out in laws, rules, regs and policies at the DoD that service members; active, reservists, on duty and off duty can and cannot express.

That is what I was trying to express in my posts.

Reference:

The Hatch Act

I probably could have written a better sentence but I was enjoying an adult beverage. I am writing this at the risk of sounding pedantic which is not my intention. It sounds like you are aware of military life. As you know there is a great deal of self-policing that occurs within units. The point I was trying to make is when you have outside parties investigating National Guard troops it breaks down the chain of command and commanders will make bad decisions. The National Guard as you know is truly a citizen army and the diversity of that group may be very different than the regular army. They are soldiers nonetheless and have to respect all the rules.

There is no place in the US military or any US agency, police force, or any other public group where white supremacists should be permitted to serve. If you have a chance I would recommend you watch this episode of Frontline.

Reactions: m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Where is this “trend towards communism” of which you speak? The ever increasing wealth gap in the U.S. suggests just the opposite. We may have tax increases in the near future. That remains to be seen. If so, any increase will likely be less than the tax cut Congress put through a couple of years ago.
LOL... And there is no wealth gap in China... Good God, don't make a fool of yourself.

Worst lawyer ever.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
No I didn't, and I thanked him for his service. As you should to. If you had any dignity and character that is.
That is very nice of you, as I wrote before I got a great education and a paycheck. I thank all of us for doing what is right for this great country.

Reactions: psuted

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
SouthernMD, by way of NJ and PSU
Military and Government Civilians Must ALWAYS abide by the oath the Constitution. Not to a person. Not to ANY personal or partisan ideology. ONLY to the Constitution - to that point, what the Constitution really says - Amendments and all - not what one THINKS it says.

So says the 37+ year Navy/DoD civilian employee...I took it in June 1983, and live by it today. 100 percent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnat91

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Can we please stop with the who served crap. I served so what it does not afford me special privileges or insight as a private citizen. Let's discuss as gentlemen the topics, I enjoy hearing other POV with the insults.
You will not get an substantive issue talk here because they cannot defend their positions outside of orange man bad.

Reactions: psuted

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
More like a pre WWI concentration of wealth , plus rise of oligarchies and fascism.

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001

Here is the security threat:

And in other matters: the Military and Civilian Oath is to the Constitution. Not a person. Not a POTUS. Not a personal or partisan political belief.

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
If not illegal, then it’s a fu^cking abomination of behavior.
Actually knox is stretching sh!t which is all he has. Now he lies about it and he was brutally run over in that thread so he got pissed about it and has held onto it for about 5 years now because he looked like such a fool. I'm not linking it again as it was literally 4-5 years ago and he still apparently is bringing it up. I linked it last week and must have whipped up some PTSD for the little guy.

Most sane people know it is immoral and only a POS would defend it.....hence knoxzi did. Just like the idiots big game hunting lions, big cats, giraffes, and rhinos....they are all pieces of sh!t and most real hunters who eat what they shoot agree. Knox is that POS who probably doesn't hunt and just has to tow what he thinks his party line is. Why....because he is a mindless sh!t for brains.

Reactions: pioneerlion83

pioneerlion83

May 29, 2001
Actually knox is stretching sh!t which is all he has. Now he lies about it and he was brutally run over in that thread so he got pissed about it and has held onto it for about 5 years now because he looked like such a fool. I'm not linking it again as it was literally 4-5 years ago and he still apparently is bringing it up. Most sane people know it is immoral and only a POS would defend it.....hence knoxzi did. Just like the idiots big game hunting lions, big cats, giraffes, and rhinos....they are all pieces of sh!t and most real hunters who eat what they shoot agree. Knox is that POS who probably doesn't hunt and just has to tow what he thinks his party line is. Why....because he is a mindless sh!t for brains.
Knoxy thinks misleading charts are meaningful. Lies....start with little lies, then grow from there...

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
Knoxy thinks misleading charts are meaningful. Lies....start with little lies, then grow from there...
He's like Trump, he says sh!t enough that he believes it. He's a perfect sheep for Trump...literally perfect. I keep him on ignore because he's such a POS....he offers nothing. Sheeple are boring.

odshowtime

Aug 17, 2017
It will be difficult to take back the senate for some time to come because democrats have been spotted 2 seats from Georgia that typically go to republicans.

What do you mean "spotted"? Like "given"?

Are you referring to the perception that Trump selfishly screwed this all up or are you saying that the runoff election was also illegitimate due to the Democratic victory?

I'd guess it's the first but I'd love to get confirmation from you.

Ski

May 29, 2001
Worst lawyer ever.
If he is really a lawyer. After seeing his attempts at using logic over the years on this board, there is just no way that he is a lawyer. Most likely he teaches 7th grade English and correcting spelling and grammar gives him the same feeling of superiority that he gets doing it to 13-14 year olds in the class room. It helps him cope with his low self-esteem issues.

Reactions: m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
If not illegal, then it’s a fu^cking abomination of behavior.
No, not really.

The point is that after killing the elephant, the local tribe comes in and literally "cleans" the entire animal until there is nothing left. Literally. The guy showed me pictures of the entire process.

Remind you, I was like, "why the phuck would you shoot an elephant?" Then he showed me the pictures. Picture 1: a dead elephant laying on its side. Picture 2: the tribe scoping it out. Picture 3: the tribe harvesting the animal. Same with pictures 4 through 20. Picture 21? It's all gone.

Getting morally indignant over an activity that BENEFITS the locals in every way is an ABOMINATION?

C'mon man. Get real. Your values aren't the same as that local tribe.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
I probably could have written a better sentence but I was enjoying an adult beverage. I am writing this at the risk of sounding pedantic which is not my intention. It sounds like you are aware of military life. As you know there is a great deal of self-policing that occurs within units. The point I was trying to make is when you have outside parties investigating National Guard troops it breaks down the chain of command and commanders will make bad decisions. The National Guard as you know is truly a citizen army and the diversity of that group may be very different than the regular army. They are soldiers nonetheless and have to respect all the rules.

There is no place in the US military or any US agency, police force, or any other public group where white supremacists should be permitted to serve. If you have a chance I would recommend you watch this episode of Frontline.

On another note, I’m a bit of a history geek. I couldn’t help but notice, do you have a connection to Task Force Baum?
(don’t share details).

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
On another note, I’m a bit of a history geek. I couldn’t help but notice, do you have a connection to Task Force Baum?
(don’t share details).
You seem like a nice person so I will answer your last question first I do have a direct connection to Task Force Baum. Obviously I am way to young to have participated in it. DOD has bigger issues but the former SF that participate were smart enough to walk away. That was not Ruby Ridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Ned2

odshowtime

Aug 17, 2017
You will not get an substantive issue talk here because they cannot defend their positions outside of orange man bad.
This is the height of hypocrisy coming from a washed up old redneck who calls people idiots with no context and never backs his positions with any support.

You're such a worthless piece of garbage!

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
This is the height of hypocrisy coming from a washed up old redneck who calls people idiots with no context and never backs his positions with any support.

You're such a worthless piece of garbage!
Another fine addition.... lmfao..... Why you so AN-GRY?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I don’t understand the mean behavior. I am sorry I ever started this thread. It is a simple discussion board and a polite response might lead to actual enjoyable debate.
These clowns are out of their minds. Still are even though their guy won. Funniest shit ever. Really is.

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
I don’t understand the mean behavior. I am sorry I ever started this thread. It is a simple discussion board and a polite response might lead to actual enjoyable debate.
You were more than reasonable with me and got a fair response. Others cannot do that. They aren’t capable of it anymore.

Reactions: TFBaum