Sad

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
I am only writing for myself. When I was 17, my parents signed a waiver, I went to USNA. I trained to kill Soviets. What is going on with the purge of the National Guard of a soldiers freedom of their thinking. It is everything I fought against. We are the greatest country and have the greatest peaceful disagreements. Change that and we become a country where a sad moment happens.

Osprey Lion

Dec 16, 2011
Osprey, Florida
I am only writing for myself. When I was 17, my parents signed a waiver, I went to USNA. I trained to kill Soviets. What is going on with the purge of the National Guard of a soldiers freedom of their thinking. It is everything I fought against. We are the greatest country and have the greatest peaceful disagreements. Change that and we become a country where a sad moment happens.
You are an idiot. If soldiers think it is ok for the Presidents followers to kill the VP if he doesn't do the Presidents illegal bidding then they should be kicked out of our military. Get a clue you pompous clown.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
You are an idiot. If soldiers think it is ok for the Presidents followers to kill the VP if he doesn't do the Presidents illegal bidding then they should be kicked out of our military. Get a clue you pompous clown.
Don’t be so hard on him, Osprey. After all, he trained to kill Soviets.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Wow you are an idiot if you think all soldiers think alike. Btw show me the proof that any of them posted that they wanted to kill the President elect. Joey Stalin would have loved you.

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Don’t be so hard on him, Osprey. After all, he trained to kill Soviets.
Well, he does have an argument there, too. Think about it. We spent decades and billions of dollars fighting a cold war against the Soviet Union, only to trend towards communism in the end. That's what you call a pyrrhic victory. You've won the battle but lost the war.

Cosmos

May 29, 2001
Get a grip, Francis. I imagine had the Capitol mob found Pence they wouldn't have harmed him. Now Pelosi is another matter. I'm glad she is shaken.

Look, what's the deal with Congress going-through-the-motions to certify the election? States run the election. Each has its own voting rules. Yes? Congress cannot change the election results, nor can it send it back for a recount. Yes? So what's the point of the exercise other than create a false expectation whenever it's close. Which is precisely what it did.

Until you can show me where in his speech Trump said "go forth to the Capitol and kick some @ss" Congress is as much to blame for inciting a riot as Trump. So get off your high horse. The OP served his country. People like you need to get skin in the game. So pick up a rifle and 'man the post'.

Last edited:

gjbankos

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2006
Wow you are an idiot if you think all soldiers think alike. Btw show me the proof that any of them posted that they wanted to kill the President elect. Joey Stalin would have loved you.
You are new to this board. Welcome. But know there are far too many people who are not here to have a real conversation. They are here to vomit. You will waste your time engaging with them.

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
I'm speechless. Unbelievable on so many levels.

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
I'm speechless. Unbelievable on so many levels.
Well the good news is the 50 year old propaganda isn't working on the younger generations as they can actually see how FOS our government has been with us now. They see these old people were duped and why they voted out the bone spur racist.

Last edited:

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
Quick question....what year did you graduate from the USNA?

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
There has been a lot worse written about Trump over the past 4 years and no one called in the National Guard or tried to censor or purge those people.

#Salute the Marine
#BIDENERASEDWOMEN
#IdontknowwhatImsigning

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
Well the good news is the 50 year old propaganda isn't working on the younger generations as they can actually see how FOS our government has been with us now.
#Salute the Marine
#BIDENERASEDWOMEN
#IdontknowwhatImsigning

Yep they are starting to figure out what the Biden campaign and Dem old guard has done to them.

Reactions: m.knox

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Well the good news is the 50 year old propaganda isn't working on the younger generations as they can actually see how FOS our government has been with us now. They see these old people were duped and why they voted out the bone spur racist.
I want to understand what is the 50 years of propaganda? And can we stay away from name calling. I want to have an actual discussion and understand your POV.

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR
I want to understand what is the 50 years of propaganda? And can we stay away from name calling. I want to have an actual discussion and understand your POV.
There are no more than 5 left of center posters on this board who will have an actual discussion with you. The are another couple who will have a discussion 50% of the time and call your mother a whore the other 50% of the time. And there are another 5-10 who are absolutely batshit crazy and will try and figure out your address at some point.

Reactions: Ski and m.knox

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
There are no more than 5 left of center posters on this board who will have an actual discussion with you. The are another couple who will have a discussion 50% of the time and call your mother a whore the other 50% of the time. And there are another 5-10 who are absolutely batshit crazy and will try and figure out your address at some point.
I hear you but I don’t know the gentleman and I do want to understand his POV. I enjoy listening to others POV and respect them when it is not name calling etc.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
There seem to be few of either side here for serious discussion. Every thread quickly devolves into childish, boorish behavior. It’s quickly becoming a waste of time.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
There seem to be few of either side here for serious discussion. Every thread quickly devolves into childish, boorish behavior. It’s quickly becoming a waste of time.
To your point I would actually like to hear thought out positions.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Actually the worst offender is on your team...Peetz Pool Boy aka BW Lion. He’s a true stalker.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
To your point I would actually like to hear thought out positions.
What is happening is beyond sad, it’s is depressing, frustrating, and infuriating. The progs are not just targeting the militia but all that oppose them. They are expelling people from social media, trying to ban all opposition from book deals, speaking engagements, and running for office. Going after people’s jobs.

What is really frightening is that history shows dictatorial behavior foments rebellion. The harder they try to control people the greater the pressure will build until it blows.

Reactions: Jerry and m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, he is an idiot, and of epic proportions. Unlike you, his father got him a job in government because he couldn't find one himself.

Thank you for your service. Don't let the creeps take you down.

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
Information is more available today for better or worse to everyone. It’s mostly for better, but you do see people use it for evil too. You don’t have just 3 channels on TV and can see the information out there. It’s available 24x7 now and you have at least 8-10 channels just on TV that are dedicated just for that. Never mind the internet. You’re lies will get caught now and played over and over again.

You want to say it’s sad now? The US’s false bravado has been sad for a while now. We are the dysfunctional family that boasts outward our shit doesn’t stink, but we’re a mess too. It’s been sad for a while and the kids that everyone talks about didn’t create all the issues either. They are inheriting a ton of debt in this nation and a planet that is in crisis. They just saw our Capitol building stormed by “patriots” over a lost election, but again who is setting that tone? My kids are just old enough now to really gather what is going on and it’s bit of a sh!t show. Things like No we have never seen the Capitol stormed after an election was lost. Try explaining to them that our POTUS is such a sore loser that he couldn’t just take the loss. No the losers of elections do not stage huge loser rallies, just this one.

It is sad but it didn’t just happen. It’s been decades in creating this environment. Yet very few want to own that fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove Lion

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL.... Joey Asthma..... A varsity, multisport athlete.....

Do you have any self awareness at all?

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
What is happening is beyond sad, it’s is depressing, frustrating, and infuriating. The progs are not just targeting the militia but all that oppose them. They are expelling people from social media, trying to ban all opposition from book deals, speaking engagements, and running for office. Going after people’s jobs.

What is really frightening is that history shows dictatorial behavior foments rebellion. The harder they try to control people the greater the pressure will build until it blows.
And that is what I don’t want to happen.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Yes, he is an idiot, and of epic proportions. Unlike you, his father got him a job in government because he couldn't find one himself.

Thank you for your service. Don't let the cree

Thank you for your service. Don't let the creeps take you down.
No need to thank me I got a great education and a paycheck. I volunteer thank you for being an American paying your taxes and being part of the great America Experience.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Chansley should go to jail for a long time but leaving a note that said “it’s only a matter of time, justice is coming” is not the same as killing Pence.

25 people were actually killed during the BLM protests last summer and virtually all of those involved were Biden supporters. Democrats raised money to bail criminals out.

Do you see the difference? Of course you don't.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Information is more available today for better or worse to everyone. It’s mostly for better, but you do see people use it for evil too. You don’t have just 3 channels on TV and can see the information out there. It’s available 24x7 now and you have at least 8-10 channels just on TV that are dedicated just for that. Never mind the internet. You’re lies will get caught now and played over and over again.

You want to say it’s sad now? The US’s false bravado has been sad for a while now. We are the dysfunctional family that boasts outward our shit doesn’t stink, but we’re a mess too. It’s been sad for a while and the kids that everyone talks about didn’t create all the issues either. They are inheriting a ton of debt in this nation and a planet that is in crisis. They just saw our Capitol building stormed by “patriots” over a lost election, but again who is setting that tone? My kids are just old enough now to really gather what is going on and it’s bit of a sh!t show. Things like No we have never seen the Capitol stormed after an election was lost. Try explaining to them that our POTUS is such a sore loser that he couldn’t just take the loss. No the losers of elections do not stage huge loser rallies.

It is sad but it didn’t just happen. It’s been decades in creating this environment. Yet very few want to own that fact.
Thank you for your POV. There is more that I agree with you then disagree. Debt on our children is tyranny. My son next year will be a 90 day wonder. I would prefer he not. My daughter went to a high school here in DC that does internships on the hill. She got one with a Virginia senator. She learned what a honor it was to walk on the Senate and House floors. She cried when she saw those losers on those floors. They are not patriots. Patriots imho are people like us that agree with the challenges we face we just have different solutions. Where I do disagree with you is I do believe in American exceptionalism. I love people who legally immigrant to our great country and succeed. I love our rule of law and the honest transfer of wealth and risk.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I fear it is. The only hope is that these power mad fools can be contained until the 2022 elections. If the Rs can take back both houses of Congress we just may survive. But they have corrupted the election process so much that it will be difficult to do.
It will be difficult to take back the senate for some time to come because democrats have been spotted 2 seats from Georgia that typically go to republicans.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LaJolla Lion

May 29, 2001
Cumberland line
Thank you for your POV. There is more that I agree with you then disagree. Debt on our children is tyranny. My son next year will be a 90 day wonder. I would prefer he not. My daughter went to a high school here in DC that does internships on the hill. She got one with a Virginia senator. She learned what a honor it was to walk on the Senate and House floors. She cried when she saw those losers on those floors. They are not patriots. Patriots imho are people like us that agree with the challenges we face we just have different solutions. Where I do disagree with you is I do believe in American exceptionalism. I love people who legally immigrant to our great country and succeed. I love our rule of law and the honest transfer of wealth and risk.
I guess I’m more of a stats guy. Hopefully we keep working toward being exceptional because we certainly aren’t there yet. We have a lot of room to grow and get better. Yelling we are the best doesn’t really fly anymore. As I stated there is plenty of useful information out there showing where we lack. Not awful but certainly not exceptional.