ADVERTISEMENT

Saban in mid-season form..........

Classic and really entertaining. I've never had much of an opinion either way regarding Saban, but based on that statement I really like him. He is essentially identifying the very problem with the bull$hit manner in which the powers that be, which control FBS College Football (the "BCS Conferences Presidential Oversight Committee" - i.e., the BCS Conference Commissioners) determine their "Championship". These corrupt administrators conduct the "Championship" on a corrupt "professional boxing promoter" structure, not a true "playoff" of FBS Conference Champions despite fraudulently labeling the "beauty pageant"...."eye-test determined" rather than field results determined 4-Team Invitational via the corrupt and conflicted BCS's Presidential Oversight Committee named "Selection Committee", LMFAO!

Why even have Conference Divisions, play a Conference Season determining Division Champions and then have a "Conference Championship Game" if winning all these things on the field means nothing relative to the corrupt beauty pageant judges determination that they mean nothing relative to what they have decided based on the "eye-test" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean (i.e., the "eye-test" is more important than the scoreboard in FBS College Football - what a joke just as Saban states!).

Coaches and players are held accountable by virtue of a teams win-loss record. "Sport Journalists" aren't ranked by their right vs wrong percentage. Wonder how much more responsibly they might conduct themselves if they were?

Reactions: nits74
Coaches and players are held accountable by virtue of a teams win-loss record. "Sport Journalists" aren't ranked by their right vs wrong percentage. Wonder how much more responsibly they might conduct themselves if they were?

Yup. Opinions without accountability aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell with. Except for this Board, of course!

moral hazard.

Hmmm, the reporter complimented Miller and then asked how he was doing, and Saban returned serve with a bizarre rant on the media. This was just weird and proof that Saban is wound way too tight. I think he realized that he went off the rails at the end.

Reactions: Gitzit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT