ADVERTISEMENT

RV Explosion in downtown Nashville this morning

saw something interesting while contrasting the Google Map street view image of the subject’s Chateau Sport with the security camera image captured yesterday morning just before she went BOOM...

wonder what this little accessory was that seems to be an add-on for its final misson.... gun port? Sensor? Camera?

With auto questions here, we ask the questions. You provide the answers.

Reactions: 81b&w and Chris92
News blurb---
AT&T are also continuing to investigate as they work to repair internet and cell phone outages caused by the blast that had impacted 911 and emergency phone systems, and temporarily shut down flights from Nashville International Airport.
Sounds like they might not of had redundancy built into their system or it was co-located. I guess they might need to look at that and also possibly hardening their system against these type of physical attempts which temporarily crippled their system.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Sounds like they might not of had redundancy built into their system or it was co-located. I guess they might need to look at that and also possibly hardening their system against these type of physical attempts which temporarily crippled their system.
Was thinking same thing. Thought all these companies learned that lesson after 9/11. Or at least we were told so.

The lettering across the top looks different. On scene there is a space in the middle between Cha and the rest of the name.

it’s the same...

I’m ashamed, but man-enough to acknowledge I lurk on multiple car-spotting enthusiast sites (yes, we are out there... occasionally we are solicited by Law enforcement authorities for assistance to identify makes/models from crappy security camera images) and security camera images are infamous for distorting this type of stuff.... this one is a layup

that would be too small to serve as an effective public-address speaker IMHO... no?

Probably.

Also the marker lights aren't on even though the headlights are. Maybe the added shape is related to the detonator and it required ripping out or reusing the wiring to the lights.

Probably.

Also the marker lights aren't on even though the headlights are. Maybe the added shape is related to the detonator and it required ripping out or reusing the wiring to the lights.
This guy was a electronics security guy. He probably mounted a camera that doubled as a dash cam and security camera.

that would be too small to serve as an effective public-address speaker IMHO... no?
Yes. I think he hid large speakers in the ceiling AC unit carcass after he removed the compressor and evaporator guts.

One remaining question is what is the identity/source of the female used to issue the voice-based warnings.

I think I about have this figured out .....
15087ea580c775da5a6d1202da2f79a0.jpg

Probably.

dammit, missed the fact that the marker lights aren’t functioning... good spot

I’ve had my hands on a few not-so-fresh RVs and it’s not unusual to run into a marker light on the blink... but the entire CIRCUIT?!?

Geez thats an awfully elaborate suicide. o_O

Looked like an attack on property, carefully done to avoid harming others. When they found remains it was likely the bomber deliberately took himself out. Rather straight forward really. Nuts as can be, but deliberate and calculated. His means were messy, that’s all.

Wow, looking at the pics I have done work for the people that own that brand. Not that they had anything to do with it but starnge

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI
Hearing that the POI suicided in the blast . They are getting DNA off his mother for a match with the remains at the crime scene .

I suggested this yesterday morning. Wonder if he had a beef with ATT and their alarm system business or billing? Looks like he signed two homes over to a 29 year old woman in the past month.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I hereby move that we formally change the name of this Board from "BWI-McAndrew" to "BWI Matlock," given the awesome wealth of new evidence this board developed overnight fom nothing but a couple Twitter photos, the county tax records, and rumors of semen stains on the driver's seat of mMII's old RV.

Richard Jewell is somewhere wishing the BWI-Matlock Board had investigated that bombing in Atlanta lo, these many years ago.

Pretty soon those tax records gonna produce a name. But first we need a FULL SET of internet pics of the 29 yo chick who got the free house. Imagine that! Nice suburban house, no strings attached!

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and BBrown
I hereby move that we formally change the name of this Board from "BWI-McAndrew" to "BWI Matlock," given the awesome wealth of new evidence this board developed overnight fom nothing but a couple Twitter photos, the county tax records, and rumors of semen stains on the driver's seat of mMII's old RV.

Richard Jewell is somewhere wishing the BWI-Matlock Board had investigated that bombing in Atlanta lo, these many years ago.

Pretty soon those tax records gonna produce a name. But first we need a FULL SET of internet pics of the 29 yo chick who got the free house. Imagine that! Nice suburban house, no strings attached!

Her name and pic is already out there. She is 29 and lives in LA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles

I'd much prefer Mannix.
iu
Why does Tom allow you to use a political photoshop picture of our President in some weird made up fantasy as your signature? Just askin'...

Reactions: bison13
I'd much prefer Mannix.
iu
Why does Tom allow you to use a political photoshop picture of our President in some weird made up fantasy as your signature? Just askin'...
Now that you mention it, there is a resemblance. But the face of the subject in the photo seems to reflect deep sorrow, not the self pity that your hero prefers.

5TH Battalion 7th CAV, 1st CAV Division Air Mobile! For most of my nine months in 70, I was an RTO. I was tricked in to it! Commanding officer making small talk asks, "Anyone go to college?" Next thing I know, being ordered in "the field"! Court martial to refuse! One did not want to be an RTO as, antenna gave away that an officer was infront of you, plus communication link always an "ambush" target, ambush being the main stratagy of the NVA war! I ascended to head RTO, carrying the secure 20 lb Bravo 1 Radio (+ 7q H2O, rations, smoke and frag grenades, ammo, etc.). No wonder when rocket propelled grenade hits tree 2' to my right, on "steep" Shakey's hill, I did the perfect backward summer-salt from the implosion! Anyway, would receive transmission daily to align the shackle (numbers and letters) then set pins in a gizmo and "punch" them into the Bravo 1 Radio!

5TH Battalion 7th CAV, 1st CAV Division Air Mobile! For most of my nine months in 70, I was an RTO. I was tricked in to it! Commanding officer making small talk asks, "Anyone go to college?" Next thing I know, being ordered in "the field"! Court martial to refuse! One did not want to be an RTO as, antenna gave away that an officer was infront of you, plus communication link always an "ambush" target, ambush being the main stratagy of the NVA war! I ascended to head RTO, carrying the secure 20 lb Bravo 1 Radio (+ 7q H2O, rations, smoke and frag grenades, ammo, etc.). No wonder when rocket propelled grenade hits tree 2' to my right, on "steep" Shakey's hill, I did the perfect backward summer-salt from the implosion! Anyway, would receive transmission daily to align the shackle (numbers and letters) then set pins in a gizmo and "punch" them into the Bravo 1 Radio!
With all due respect....WTF?

Thanks for serving in that conflict. Wow, what a story. Glad you made it home.

Yes, it was pretty amusing watching the "Encyclopedia Brown's" of this board sleuthing out the responsible parties. LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: demlion

Ummm ok.

Yes, it was pretty amusing watching the "Encyclopedia Brown's" of this board sleuthing out the responsible parties. LMAO.

We all know the Penn State coaching staff checks this board at halftime to learn the adjustments they need to make. The FBI, ATF, etc., also check this board to determine where the Nashville investigation needs to go next. We provide a great public service.

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
We all know the Penn State coaching staff checks this board at halftime to learn the adjustments they need to make. The FBI, ATF, etc., also check this board to determine where the Nashville investigation needs to go next. We provide a great public service.
Now that’s what pisses me off! Why do they wait til halftime? The OC could check when the D is on the field! Same for the DC. Plus they have so many coaches why don’t they have a McAndrew Board Monitor Coach, even if it’s just a grad assistant? At the very least.....check at the end of the 1st quarter!

Grrrrrrrr , whole half’s get wasted, we are too far behind, and the team is down mentally. Just crazy!

+100. Honestly some of these board members, with their lunatic fringe rantings and beliefs, maybe one act away from becoming what they fear. I sincerely hope they are just PSU fans and not Alums. :eek:
The test board is truly scary. pAiN iS cOmInG!

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
The test board is truly scary. pAiN iS cOmInG!

As a general observation......message boards like these are great for talking about things like sports, cars, movies, etc. It provides a sense of connection, even if virtual. And at least I learn quite a bit.

But when it comes to politics? Man. Social media (which for this purpose I'm including this board) provides that same sense of connection.......but in all the wrong ways. Right, left, whatever........very little good ever comes from going down political rabbit holes on social media.

ADVERTISEMENT