ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers4

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021
I only saw three threads about this Sunday’s Rutgers dual.

Can we do one of those online petitions to get RU athletics dropped to division 2?

I mean they are broke, we would be doing them a favor and putting them out of their misery.

I've said nothing. Don't want to provoke the most delusional fanbase in college or professional sports.
Ha Ha. We all know it was you who sent in the suggestion for Rutger's New Motto:

"RUTGERS........Making New Jersey Proud By Comparison.......of it's Discarded Needles and Condom-Soaked Beaches"
I can't believe how many votes it got. How many different emails did you use ? :)

Can we do one of those online petitions to get RU athletics dropped to division 2?

I mean they are broke, we would be doing them a favor and putting them out of their misery.
Being a Big10 sports program and financially broke makes as much sense as a SEC football program not knowing how to bend any given NCAA recruiting rule.

For those who don't get the reference, as of Sept 2021 Rutger Athletics was $265M in debt. (This includes $84M in loans from the university, which will likely be forgiven internally.)

For reference, Maryland Athletics was around $100M in debt 10 yrs ago when they killed a number of programs and Kerry pulled a rabbit out of the hat to save the wrestling program.

Reactions: dunkej01
For those who don't get the reference, as of Sept 2021 Rutger Athletics was $265M in debt. (This includes $84M in loans from the university, which will likely be forgiven internally.)
Did the fence around NJ keep folks willing to spend money to attend their home athletic events from doing do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT