ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will run trickeration

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
I was just reading a recap of the Michigan Rutgers game. Apparently RU, in their desperation or defense, you decide, ran a number or trick plays, The Philly Special, halfback passes, etc. while I know they are a 1-9 team, we’ve been burnt this year on fake punts, onside kicks, and halfback passes. I hope the coaches will be coaching our team up to expect these plays. Worst thing would be to go down early to this terrible team, and give them some hope of an upset. Even Michigan struggled for a while before putting them away.

Having said all that , barring another rain or wind game, I think we see an offensive breakout, and another strong defensive performance this week. How about 41-7?

I was just reading a recap of the Michigan Rutgers game. Apparently RU, in their desperation or defense, you decide, ran a number or trick plays, The Philly Special, halfback passes, etc. while I know they are a 1-9 team, we’ve been burnt this year on fake punts, onside kicks, and halfback passes. I hope the coaches will be coaching our team up to expect these plays. Worst thing would be to go down early to this terrible team, and give them some hope of an upset. Even Michigan struggled for a while before putting them away.

Having said all that , barring another rain or wind game, I think we see an offensive breakout, and another strong defensive performance this week. How about 41-7?

This game shouldn’t be close. But that scares me.

@Nitwit,

"It seems "trickeration" is a word coming into its own after hiding in plain sight for decades. "It's a sleeper," says dictionary writer David Barnhart, like Barrett, a member of the American Dialect Society." Dec 30, 2011

"You won't find "trickeration" in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. But you do find it in the Oxford English Dictionary -- and have been able to for decades."

have you been in a football locker room lately?
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT