ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will not be happy being our only win

McMick

Aug 27, 2006
Sheeanno might have to get out his drag outfit and head for the next NJ transit train.

They’re more unhappy they won’t have the chance to rush the field after a victory over a winless team in the second to last week of the season.

The Rutgers fans were higher than a helium balloon today. They were convinced they were going to crush Illinois. Well they lost, but everyone’s at blame except St. Greg according to the Rutgers faithful. He’s saddled with incompetent assistants and bad players. Franklin should give him a call and find out what he needs to do to get that deal.

Well you do have to start wondering about the lasting damage to the program at this point.
Plus, you have to look around at what has masked these issues over the years, and if those things just come back after this year.
Because this year doesn’t happen without some major foundational issues.

Reactions: dcf4psu
We will be fine. Franklin will fire a couple assistants after the season then whip out the roladex and hire some more coaches trying to mask his incompetency. Best thing that could happen to the program is Franklin and PSU agree to part ways with no financial penalties on either end so we can start fresh.

We will be fine. Franklin will fire a couple assistants after the season then whip out the roladex and hire some more coaches trying to mask his incompetency. Best thing that could happen to the program is Franklin and PSU agree to part ways with no financial penalties on either end so we can start fresh.
Franklin is part of the problem. His boss and the bosses boss are major issues for this university right now.

Rutgers fans will not be happy they won’t be able to rush the field for a win over a winless penn state because there won’t be fans.

Franklin is part of the problem. His boss and the bosses boss are major issues for this university right now.

Anyone else coming to the conclusion that in 2014 we hired a cheerleader not a football coach? I think his success up until now is due to hiring good assistants. As they have left for better jobs, his X and O deficiencies are quite evident. Time management is even worse

Things can change in a few weeks, but if we were playing Rutgers this weekend, my money would have been on them. Clearly less talented, but they’re playing with energy & passion consistently. We’ve had none; our team & coaches appear to simply be going through the motions.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Not for all football programs. Some are having breakout years.
Who cares? From one week to the next we don't know which players will not be playing or which teams will not be playing. It boils down to the Benjamins and I get the financial reasons, but this season nationwide has been chaotic. Wisconsin has lost two games, the SEC has had to reshuffle their schedules, and whatever team wins the NC will have an asterisk next to it because we will never know if they were truly the best team or the luckiest to survive the pandemic.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
Who cares? From one week to the next we don't know which players will not be playing or which teams will not be playing. It boils down to the Benjamins and I get the financial reasons, but this season nationwide has been chaotic. Wisconsin has lost two games, the SEC has had to reshuffle their schedules, and whatever team wins the NC will have an asterisk next to it because we will never know if they were truly the best team or the luckiest to survive the pandemic.

If this team actually manages to go 0-9 the stink from that will linger into the next few recurring classes regardless of the factors at play this year.

If this team actually manages to go 0-9 the stink from that will linger into the next few recurring classes regardless of the factors at play this year.
Again, who cares and what difference does it make? With the exception of people involved in the program it doesn't have an effect on most people's lives. I have been attending games since 1966 and I cannot remember a game that changed my life. Obviously, I would rather see PSU win but at the end of the day it is just entertainment. The obsession with what 17-18 year old athlete decides to attend PSU is also a mystery to me.

Again, who cares and what difference does it make? With the exception of people involved in the program it doesn't have an effect on most people's lives. I have been attending games since 1966 and I cannot remember a game that changed my life. Obviously, I would rather see PSU win but at the end of the day it is just entertainment. The obsession with what 17-18 year old athlete decides to attend PSU is also a mystery to me.

Thank you for pontificating. So in this “who cares” mindset, what would you like to see discussed here? Seriously what’s allowed. Clearly it’s not penn state football since its all meaningless. Who cares that you’ve been watching games since 1966? Congrats?

It’s no sweat off my back, I went to the track yesterday and had a great time instead of watching.

Reactions: donboy6499
ADVERTISEMENT