ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Rutgers Dual Thread 1/16

AB and Carter look phenomenal. Drew and Max gutted out close ones. RBY is just a phenomenon. It’s such a treat to watch him. Will really miss it if he doesn’t return. Glad to see Brady get his feet wet. Good day.

WE ARE!!!

you said he wanted to quit and was burnt out. looks like he’s having fun to me.
good-good-join-the-darkside.jpg

AB and Carter look phenomenal. Drew and Max gutted out close ones. RBY is just a phenomenon. It’s such a treat to watch him. Will really miss it if he doesn’t return. Glad to see Brady get his feet wet. Good day.

WE ARE!!!
Yes everyone will miss him but I figure he gave us much more than his fair share of good memories.

Reactions: NittanyChris
So basically with the new OT rules if you have choice and defer you can ride your guy out and then stall for the final 30 seconds and win? I like the 2 minute SV but they should make both guys go down in the OTs. It's too easy to win if you just have choice.
How about getting out from bottom or being more aggressive on your feet throughout.

Lol. I said exactly this, at one time he lost his love for the sport. I said that because those were his EXACT words in an interview he gave and sent you the link. I then said if you lose your love for a sport like wrestling, it is hard to get back and at this level you need to be all in on it. I continued by saying that because of all that, I don’t believe he will ever reach the level that one would expect from a kid with his ranking coming out of high school.
So tell me, what do you disagree with there? Because he’s on the mat beating scrubs while losing to a high school is proof that I was silly in saying what I said? Are you telling me you are satisfied with where he is at 3 years after joining the Hawkeyes as a top pfp kid? Come on now…

Reactions: Dogwelder and Ski
Anyone think C* comes out to Halloween because he is the start of murderers row?

Reactions: danoftw
By the way, your mistaking the “burnt out” stuff for Assad when I actually predicted you may see that from all those Seniors coming back for yet another year. I also told you Kem was struggling to come back another year back in August. Also told you not to expect him till after the New year rolls in. You called bullshit only to find out Kem did struggle with coming back, Kem didn’t return to the mat till after the New Year and then to top it off, seniors like Alex, Eireman and Young haven’t exactly looked like they have in years past. Oh yeah, and I also said there was a good possibility Spencer and Kem won’t even make it to March and Desanto may not make it either for other reasons. So in review, I pretty much called this Hawk season to perfection up till this point.

Lol. I said exactly this, at one time he lost his love for the sport. I said that because those were his EXACT words in an interview he gave and sent you the link. I then said if you lose your love for a sport like wrestling, it is hard to get back and at this level you need to be all in on it. I continued by saying that because of all that, I don’t believe he will ever reach the level that one would expect from a kid with his ranking coming out of high school.
So tell me, what do you disagree with there? Because he’s on the mat beating scrubs while losing to a high school is proof that I was silly in saying what I said? Are you telling me you are satisfied with where he is at 3 years after joining the Hawkeyes as a top pfp kid? Come on now…
i’m not going to get in a shouting match again. i was only friendly teasing you because you teased me about brooks. it’s not that deep.

Pretty strong performance for Dean given that Brucki is definitely a top-5 guy. He had how many TDs? He'll learn from giving up those switches - next time he faces Brucki it won't be as close. Even still, he won 9-6 pulling away (keep in mind, he was down in the match in 2nd).
Brucki? Poz may take offense!

Just think, we're going to get to see Lee/Micic, Brooks/Amine, Dean/Brucki, Starocci/Massa and Parris/Kerkvleit in less than a week. Not to mention Hildebrandt/Suriano, Berge/Amine and RBY, Ragussin. That's the best possible dual you could put together this season.
If Massa tries punk stuff with CS, Carter is going to maul him extra

FWIW, I thought Beau looked bigger in person than on TV. He’s not a large 149 lber, but bigger than I thought.

Football players wear HELMETS and still get concussions regularly, that measly 1/4 thick pad he wore on his head aint gonna do jack shit.
Well, somebody thought it was a good idea cause he kept wearing it. Perhaps he was a test subject for a research product for concussion preventing headgear?

Why does Angel Rivera do 100% of PSU's matches? He's so freaking gawd awful. Missed a clear stall call when Shaver very clearly pushed Hildebrandt off the mat in a standing position with no other intent than to maintain top position - that is stalling by both spirit and letter of the rule. He then calls the wrestlers OB at edge when Hildebrandt initiates a "standing switch" when Shaver was clearly in-bounds and Hildebrandt comes in-bounds as he goes into switch......

The guy is f'ing brutal.
Dammit yes. 1000 X yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT