ADVERTISEMENT

"Rutgers didn't hire me because they're racist."

dwiz

Aug 4, 2002
Did JF ever say that quote? I highly doubt it, I can't see Franklin saying those words, but the Rutgers board moderator "DJ Spanky" is quoting it for truth on the link below. I got instantly banned for asking him whether or not a moderator should be above posting things of that nature. I can't see Tom or anybody reasonable posting something like that if it weren't true. Did it happen?

http://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/james-franklins-lies-and-bs-lets-make-a-list.13419/

Did JF ever say that quote? I highly doubt it, I can't see Franklin saying those words, but the Rutgers board moderator "DJ Spanky" is quoting it for truth on the link below. I got instantly banned for asking him whether or not a moderator should be above posting things of that nature. I can't see Tom or anybody reasonable posting something like that if it weren't true. Did it happen?

http://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/james-franklins-lies-and-bs-lets-make-a-list.13419/
No worries, I got banned yesterday or this morning for calling out their poster NotinRHouse for the vile and hateful posts about NJ parents who send their kids to PSU. I told him I was proud to have a PSU graduate and they should be more concerned with why NJ kids don't want to go to RU, and that anybody who posts such hateful stuff must be miserable with their lives and he should seek help for that. Welp, I guess that did it.

Reactions: stneumann83
No worries, I got banned yesterday or this morning for calling out their poster NotinRHouse for the vile and hateful posts about NJ parents who send their kids to PSU. I told him I was proud to have a PSU graduate and they should be more concerned with why NJ kids don't want to go to RU, and that anybody who posts such hateful stuff must be miserable with their lives and he should seek help for that. Welp, I guess that did it.

Well I was banned a long time ago. But I deserved it and I don't give a $hi+. Rutgers fans have been downright disgusting since they joined the BG10 and they deserve whatever comes their way imho.

The Rutgers board, like their football program, is a joke. Interestingly it is also a "Rivals" board. That is about as close to have a true "rival" as any Rutgers fan will ever get.

After a few visits to the Pitt and Rutgers boards, I no longer get upset at the lies and garbage that they say about Penn State. I will never understand the obsession/hate they have for Penn State, so I just stay away from those boards. I posted once on the RU board last year listing all the NJ recruits in our class, and got banned.

I did a quick google search and found nothing about Franklin calling Rutgers racist. Now, since it was Rutgers I only took about 3 minutes to look so I could have missed something, but I'm pretty sure a college football coach calling another school racist in hiring practices (especially given the interest that topic hits in the NFL) would jump to the top of the list pretty quick.

I didn't open the link but I can't imagine Franklin saying that. He was a promising young coach and was more or less the head coach in waiting at Maryland when he went to Vanderbilt. He could have had any number of positions and I doubt he was beating down the door to coach at Rutgers.

Also this would have been major national news if it were said. With racial tensions ruling the airwaves in today's media, this would have been all over every news outlet. A comment like this would not have been overlooked.

Wait, this makes no sense. According to our premium page at the end of the bad 2013 season the donors tried to raise the funds to hire Franklin from Vandy and couldn't do it.

Now he's kicking our ass in recruiting. Bummer.

I got banned two days ago. after a full year with a long leash to pretty much post what I wanted and defend myself/PSU w/o any censorship, I finally got the hook.

MADHAT1 posted something in regards to.... "Never Forge"t comes to mind when it comes to the way Penn St......

consequently, I replied with a similar sentiment w/Rutgers attaching Mike Rice & Ray Rice gifs. I was joking, rest assured. bad taste, i suppose.....but In my mind, a more than fair response.....and with previous consistent freedom from the MODs, i thought it wasn't unreasonable. but....on this particular day....it was a bit much.

I concede it was over the top...but I thought my long tenure with good standing would warrant a warning at least. whatever.

I did enjoy posting over there though. to be honest, there were more rational discussions on the Rutgers board than this board. everybody gets banned over here. kinda crazy. why the thin skin?

in general, these free board are kinda silly. the home team can say any disgusting thing imaginable, but the away team gets a short leash with an inevitable quick hook. who the f*ck wants to read a board w/o any debate, hearing only 1 perspective? I compare it to Fox/MSNBC News.....stupid

Reactions: RobBliz
Yeah, a black college football coach --- publicly accusing a major American University of not hiring him because of some sort of institutionalized racism --- that would be a major news story if it had happened.

The fact that nobody can find verification of that story pretty much leads to a rather obvious conclusion.

Yeah, a black college football coach --- publicly accusing a major American University of not hiring him because of some sort of institutionalized racism --- that would be a major news story if it had happened.

The fact that nobody can find verification of that story pretty much leads to a rather obvious conclusion.

"MUBS"

I got banned two days ago. after a full year with a long leash to pretty much post what I wanted and defend myself/PSU w/o any censorship, I finally got the hook.
I think it was the video of his wife getting hit that did it. I take no issue with making fun of RU but watching her get it is over the top. I actually like when some of you come over and either add something or just give us crap but I'm more thick skinned than most. No way franklin said that statement.

Reactions: PSUPALY

Then why does your board allow and accept that your MODERATOR is attributing direct quotes to people that are patently false, and then banning people who ask simply if that is a responsible thing to be doing as a moderator?

I'm with you, it was over the top...my bad. again...a stern warning would've done the trick. i'll give it some time and ask Spanky to let me back in the circle of trust.

Then why does your board allow and accept that your MODERATOR is attributing direct quotes to people that are patently false, and then banning people who ask simply if that is a responsible thing to be doing as a moderator?

ehhh, you make a great point there. he should take the high road as a moderater and simply stick to supporting Rutgers.

DJSpanky is a joke as a moderator there.

Probably the worst next to ScriptPitt on the Pitt Scout Board.

"Rutgers not hiring me was the greatest thing that ever happened in my career".

Might have been said
I think he did. It was likely at this time. Franklin began his coaching career in 1995 as a wide receivers coach at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania. The following season, he took over as the coach of the defensive secondary for his alma mater, East Stroudsburg.

Franklin rejected the HC job at Rutgers and instead went to E Stroudsburg. :)

http://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/james-franklins-lies-and-bs-lets-make-a-list.13419/[/QUOTE]
41900_h.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT