ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Big Ten ticket availability

tbay165

Oct 29, 2018
Rutgers released information regarding Big Ten ticket availability today. Looks like it is going to be a tough tickets if I am reading the release correctly. It looks like current Rutgers season ticket holders will have the option in two increments to purchase up to 12 all-session tickets before the tickets go on sale to the general public in October.
Depending on the final season ticket holder tally and the number they purchase this might be a tough ticket to get directly through Rutgers. I would imagine the season ticket holders will buy up most of these tickets, so it would seem likely that the secondary ticket market will be lively.
PSU should take the same approach when we have the Big Ten tourney, hopefully next year.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Rutgers released information regarding Big Ten ticket availability today. Looks like it is going to be a tough tickets if I am reading the release correctly. It looks like current Rutgers season ticket holders will have the option in two increments to purchase up to 12 all-session tickets before the tickets go on sale to the general public in October.
Depending on the final season ticket holder tally and the number they purchase this might be a tough ticket to get directly through Rutgers. I would imagine the season ticket holders will buy up most of these tickets, so it would seem likely that the secondary ticket market will be lively.
PSU should take the same approach when we have the Big Ten tourney, hopefully next year.

Wait until they realize their team is in the bottom rungs of the B1G and, without Suriano, they have zero title contenders.

... they will be very hard to get...
...Rutgers fans are not used to watching outstanding wrestling BUT they are savvy enough to buy up all the tickets and go online to make a profit... :)

Crap, that was Plan B allowing me to skipping watching Wrestling in a football stadium in the tundra.

Plan C is befriending a Rutgers season ticket holder.

Plan D, skip plan C get a line of credit against the house.

Damn, dynasties are expense.

Aren't B10 tickets usually a pretty easy ticket?
Do we really think the Rutgers season ticket holders are going to buy out the tourny?

Aren't B10 tickets usually a pretty easy ticket?
Do we really think the Rutgers season ticket holders are going to buy out the tourny?
The arenas have been getting fuller, and Minny was close to selling out, or did sell out. And it’s a larger arena.

Crap, that was Plan B allowing me to skipping watching Wrestling in a football stadium in the tundra.

Plan C is befriending a Rutgers season ticket holder.

Plan D, skip plan C get a line of credit against the house.

Damn, dynasties are expense.
Plan E - Join the PSWC. I would think they will be taking a bus trip to the BIG10 tournament. Even if they don’t, you should still join the PSWC.

looks like a single rutgers season ticket is $100.

plus $5 ticket fee.

plus $25 service fee.

would it pay for itself for the opportunity to get big ten tourney tickets?
Buy the season ticket... $100.00. Buy 12 tickets for the BIGS. Split the cost of the season ticket by 12 people = $8.33 for the season ticket for each person. Think of it as a "handling fee" for each person.

• “Your request has been received. Your seats and parking will be allocated based upon priority point order following the deadline.
  • You have entered into a deferred payment plan. Your card will not be charged at this time. Once your seats and parking have been allocated will you be charged.
  • There is no guarantee that we will be able to fulfill your specific request. All seats are subject to availability”
Was only allowed to order 4.

looks like a single rutgers season ticket is $100.

plus $5 ticket fee.

plus $25 service fee.

would it pay for itself for the opportunity to get big ten tourney tickets?
good one... sounds like a possible investment. Let me know, perhaps I'll split the cost... @verizon.net

Plan E - Join the PSWC. I would think they will be taking a bus trip to the BIG10 tournament. Even if they don’t, you should still join the PSWC.

I have been a PSWC member for years now, member of NLWC, donate to the team through the NLC and also the NLC Levi Lamb fund. I drank the Kool -Aide years ago and got back in line for seconds. Cael, Cody and Casey makes it the best.

If you don't have the right facilities to host a Championship 8000 seat arena, you shouldn't be in the rotation.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Rutgers season ticket allotment is 4 according to Rugters athletic site, October 18th is general public sale. The pre-sale is for Rutgers section only. They have to allot each team a section you can request your team section at the time of purchase. This is not the NCAA championship and you buy directly from Rutgers , you can have 1000000 NLC points and it does nothing for you.

Rutgers season ticket allotment is 4 according to Rugters athletic site, October 18th is general public sale. The pre-sale is for Rutgers section only. They have to allot each team a section you can request your team section at the time of purchase. This is not the NCAA championship and you buy directly from Rutgers , you can have 1000000 NLC points and it does nothing for you.

After the season ticket holder pre-sale (4), season ticket holders will have the ability to purchase an additional eight tickets, before the public pre-sale on October 18. That is in the release.

Missed that, but that shouldn't change the other school allotments. They can't buy out the arena.

If you do the math they can.
No they can't. While I do not know the exact numbers right now, I do know the conference requires that some seats be set aside for all other conference school's fans. I suspect Rutgers season ticket holders availability will be limited, not for the first 4 tickets, but for those requesting an additional 8.

As for the comment above about the PSWC, it's important no one is misled. This organization does buy tickets for regular season away duals and tournaments that they take bus trips to, but can not buy conference or national championship tickets (exception is suite seats at NCAA's that they managed to negotiate). There will be a bus to Big Ten's, but fans will need to buy their own tickets.

Last edited:

I don't think you understand. Every school in the BIG will get an allotment of tickets. The Rutgers season ticket holders can't buy those, at least not right now. At some point after it is opened up the general public if any are left they would probably get first dibs.

Just a little slower than Roar. :D

I don't think you understand. Every school in the BIG will get an allotment of tickets. The Rutgers season ticket holders can't buy those, at least not right now. At some point after it is opened up the general public if any are left they would probably get first dibs.

Just a little slower than Roar. :D

Read the release.

Math has nothing to do with it.. Certain sections are delegated to each team.. those tickets will not be part of the presale.. they are designated and reserved to be in theory at least bought by fans of that school.. I suppose Rutgers people can get on the phone or computer and order from any section once the general sale starts but they won't sell those sections as part of the pre sale..

No they can't. While I do not know the exact numbers right now, I do know the conference requires that some seats be set aside for all other conference school's fans. I suspect Rutgers season ticket holders availability will be limited, not for the first 4 tickets, but for those requesting an additional 8.

As for the comment above about the PSWC, it's important no one is misled. This organization does buy tickets for regular season away duals and tournaments that they take bus trips to, but can not buy conference or national championship tickets (exception is suite seats at NCAA's that they managed to negotiate). There will be a bus to Big Ten's, but fans will need to buy their own tickets.
Thank you Roar for correcting me. It was not my intent to mislead anyone.

The best part is Rutgers fans would love to sell out the RAC and exclude other fan bases. They would view it as a big accomplishment.

Something of a bigger issue is between sessions. You will either have to drive somewhere (and getting in and out of the parking areas is a bear) or there will need to be buses to ferry people across the river to New Brunswick. There is basically nothing in Piscataway that can be walked to from the arena.

The best part is Rutgers fans would love to sell out the RAC and exclude other fan bases. They would view it as a big accomplishment.

Something of a bigger issue is between sessions. You will either have to drive somewhere (and getting in and out of the parking areas is a bear) or there will need to be buses to ferry people across the river to New Brunswick. There is basically nothing in Piscataway that can be walked to from the arena.

One of the drawbacks of BIGs as opposed to NCAAs. I have been to BIGs at 10 of the BIG schools and none had good options of places to walk to between sessions.

One of the drawbacks of BIGs as opposed to NCAAs. I have been to BIGs at 10 of the BIG schools and none had good options of places to walk to between sessions.
This ^^. Remember, these are on college campuses, unlike the NCAA Championships (since 2001 anyway). Imagine going to the BJC (next year, likely) and walking for lunch or dinner.

This ^^. Remember, these are on college campuses, unlike the NCAA Championships (since 2001 anyway). Imagine going to the BJC (next year, likely) and walking for lunch or dinner.

Annieat285 and I do the walk from the Nittany Lion Inn to BJC without any difficulty. It's less than 2 miles from the BJC to downtown State College. Walkable for most folks in about 30 minutes.

Then double that distance. It's literally over 3 miles from the RAC to downtown New Brunswick and a lot of that distance wouldn't be on sidewalks. It would be walking on the shoulder of a highway or major street. Totally different.

Annieat285 and I do the walk from the Nittany Lion Inn to BJC without any difficulty. It's less than 2 miles from the BJC to downtown State College. Walkable for most folks in about 30 minutes.

Then double that distance. It's literally over 3 miles from the RAC to downtown New Brunswick and a lot of that distance wouldn't be on sidewalks. It would be walking on the shoulder of a highway or major street. Totally different.
Not totally different. The context of NoVa's post and mine were solely re. convenience as compared to NCAA's. There are no convenient restaurants close to the BJC. Maybe that's not your situation, good for you, but it is a factor for many of our fans.

Not totally different. The context of NoVa's post and mine were solely re. convenience as compared to NCAA's. There are no convenient restaurants close to the BJC. Maybe that's not your situation, good for you, but it is a factor for many of our fans.

There's a big difference between not convenient and totally unfeasible and unsafe. :)

Reactions: funkisfun12
There's a big difference between not convenient and totally unfeasible and unsafe. :)
And also a big difference between what distance is feasible/safe for person A to walk vs. person B. I do that kind of walk daily, but my Dad has a hard enough time with concourses at the BJC.

• “Your request has been received. Your seats and parking will be allocated based upon priority point order following the deadline.
  • You have entered into a deferred payment plan. Your card will not be charged at this time. Once your seats and parking have been allocated will you be charged.
  • There is no guarantee that we will be able to fulfill your specific request. All seats are subject to availability”
Was only allowed to order 4.

so where was it on the Rutgers site that you were offered the chance to order even 4 tix.. I got a Rutgers season ticket but didn't see where I could order Big 10 tix

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT