ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors swirling about the Whiteout at Noon?

By the looks of it they released primetime matchups for 6 Saturdays... October 29th was not one of them. In other news the sky is falling.

Sorry but PSU has to grow a set and say all our designated White Outs to be played at night. Play the game at night and shove the TV up your A--.

If the OSU and MIch game is always set at noon, then that's our deal too.

I will say the White Out is feared by Mich and OSU for reasons including recruiting, loudness, and mostly a loss.

Sorry but PSU has to grow a set and say all our designated White Outs to be played at night. Play the game at night and shove the TV up your A--.

If the OSU and MIch game is always set at noon, then that's our deal too.

I will say the White Out is feared by Mich and OSU for reasons including recruiting, loudness, and mostly a loss.

Ohio State has won 6 of the last 7 whiteout games. It definitely gives us an edge, but obviously not enough.

Pretty much any time OSU comes to PSU, it's at night. When we go to OSU, it's often an afternoon kick. We don't really have much leverage to demand that we get a night game when OSU comes here but we then play at noon or 3:30 in Columbus.

If our crowd can't get off its ass and make a difference at noon or 3:30, then we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Pretty much any time OSU comes to PSU, it's at night. When we go to OSU, it's often an afternoon kick. We don't really have much leverage to demand that we get a night game when OSU comes here but we then play at noon or 3:30 in Columbus.

OSU/UM get away with dictating both the date and kickoff time for their game every year. Our AD dictating the time of the whiteout isn’t that out of line.

OSU/UM get away with dictating both the date and kickoff time for their game every year. Our AD dictating the time of the whiteout isn’t that out of line.

That's a case where both schools play at noon each year. If PSU struck a deal with either OSU or Michigan to where both sides would host night games each year, I think that would be reasonable. But it has to go both ways. When was the last time we played @ Michigan at night?

Ohio State has won 6 of the last 7 whiteout games. It definitely gives us an edge, but obviously not enough.

If our crowd can't get off its ass and make a difference at noon or 3:30, then we have nobody to blame but ourselves.
We always will be the underdog vs. OSU.

I'm not for boot licking the Big Ten, bad enough we've started our seasons against a Big opponent on the road, played Iowa umteen times in the last 15 years, and put up with BS calls.

No screw it i'm standing firm on this issue.

That's a case where both schools play at noon each year. If PSU struck a deal with either OSU or Michigan to where both sides would host night games each year, I think that would be reasonable. But it has to go both ways. When was the last time we played @ Michigan at night?
Maybe in Franklin's first year or so...bad loss vs. the Devin Gardner QB team. I was in VA Beach watching in a hotel room w the waves crashing outside. Our D was pretty good....our O was offensive. Coulda started in an odd 630 slot but I recall it being later ....anybody got a better noggin'?

agree to disagree. It has nothing to do with osu. Osu isn’t always the whiteout game. Neither is Michigan. Last year it was Auburn and the Michigan game was an early kick. If osu doesn’t want to be the white out game they should start sucking.

If the AD wants to push that the whiteout always be under the lights the precedent is already set that schools can dictate.

agree to disagree. It has nothing to do with osu. Osu isn’t always the whiteout game. Neither is Michigan. Last year it was Auburn and the Michigan game was an early kick. If osu doesn’t want to be the white out game they should start sucking.

If the AD wants to push that the whiteout always be under the lights the precedent is already set that schools can dictate.
We already dictate homecoming game start

Who cares what time or place it is played, just beat OSU. Now that it looks like there doing away with divisions- PSU would likely have to beat OSU twice in one year to win the BIG10 and PSU has only beaten OSU One time in Franklin's 8 years.

Now that it looks like there doing away with divisions- PSU would likely have to beat OSU twice in one year to win the BIG10.

Link? First I’ve heard of this.

Wouldn’t necessarily need to beat them twice if that happens. Can lose the first game as long as you win the rematch in any scenario where osu finishes 1 and we are 2.

Wouldn’t necessarily need to beat them twice if that happens. Can lose the first game as long as you win the rematch in any scenario where osu finishes 1 and we are 2.
The Ncaa ruled yesterday that the league's don't have to have two divisions to have a championship games anymore, Pac-10 announced yesterday there going to the top 2 teams in conference for there championship game- I would think the ACC and BIG10 would soon follow.

Last edited:
The Ncaa ruled yesterday that the league's don't have to have two divisions to have a championship games anymore, Pac-10 announced yesterday there going to top 2 teams in conference for there championship game- I would think the ACC and BIG10 would soon follow.

I don’t think it’s a given the big ten follows suit. Can’t risk a rematch between OSU and Michigan a week after the game.

Reactions: john4psu

Who are these trolls that are predicting and fearing the worst? There have been 'White Out' games in late Oct, and this year will be another. When I spoke with Sandy in April, she could not confirm but smiled when I asked about our schedule. Penn State is obviously waiting for the new AD to make his announcement.

What other possible game will compete with a white out ????

Here is the competing schedule for a night time white out --

Florida vs. Georgia (in Jacksonville, FL)
Miami (Ohio) at Akron Time TBA
Colorado State at Boise State Time TBA
Nevada at San Jose State Time TBA
San Diego State at Fresno State Time TBA
Wyoming at Hawaii Time TBA
Cincinnati at UCF Time TBA
SMU at Tulsa Time TBA
Temple at Navy Time TBA
USF at Houston Time TBA
Toledo at Eastern Michigan Time TBA
Pitt at North Carolina Time TBA
Coastal Carolina at Marshall Time TBA
Old Dominion at Georgia State Time TBA
Robert Morris at Appalachian State Time TBA
South Alabama at Arkansas State Time TBA
Charlotte at Rice Time TBA
Middle Tennessee at UTEP Time TBA
North Texas at WKU Time TBA
UAB at Florida Atlantic Time TBA
Wake Forest at Louisville Time TBA
Miami (FL) at Virginia Time TBA
Northwestern at Iowa Time TBA
TCU at West Virginia Time TBA
Boston College at UConn Time TBA
New Mexico State at UMass Time TBA
Arkansas at Auburn Time TBA
Kentucky at Tennessee Time TBA
Missouri at South Carolina Time TBA
Ole Miss at Texas A&M Time TBA
Baylor at Texas Tech Time TBA
Oklahoma State at Kansas State Time TBA
Notre Dame at Syracuse Time TBA
Georgia Tech at Florida State Time TBA
Arizona State at Colorado Time TBA
Oregon at California Time TBA
Stanford at UCLA Time TBA
USC at Arizona Time TBA

Ohio State at Penn State Time TBA

Illinois at Nebraska Time TBA
Michigan State at Michigan Time TBA
Rutgers at Minnesota Time TBA
Louisiana Tech at FIU Time TBA

Who are these trolls that are predicting and fearing the worst? There have been 'White Out' games in late Oct, and this year will be another. When I spoke with Sandy in April, she could not confirm but smiled when I asked about our schedule. Penn State is obviously waiting for the new AD to make his announcement.

What other possible game will compete with a white out ????

Here is the competing schedule for a night time white out --

Florida vs. Georgia (in Jacksonville, FL)
Miami (Ohio) at Akron Time TBA
Colorado State at Boise State Time TBA
Nevada at San Jose State Time TBA
San Diego State at Fresno State Time TBA
Wyoming at Hawaii Time TBA
Cincinnati at UCF Time TBA
SMU at Tulsa Time TBA
Temple at Navy Time TBA
USF at Houston Time TBA
Toledo at Eastern Michigan Time TBA
Pitt at North Carolina Time TBA
Coastal Carolina at Marshall Time TBA
Old Dominion at Georgia State Time TBA
Robert Morris at Appalachian State Time TBA
South Alabama at Arkansas State Time TBA
Charlotte at Rice Time TBA
Middle Tennessee at UTEP Time TBA
North Texas at WKU Time TBA
UAB at Florida Atlantic Time TBA
Wake Forest at Louisville Time TBA
Miami (FL) at Virginia Time TBA
Northwestern at Iowa Time TBA
TCU at West Virginia Time TBA
Boston College at UConn Time TBA
New Mexico State at UMass Time TBA
Arkansas at Auburn Time TBA
Kentucky at Tennessee Time TBA
Missouri at South Carolina Time TBA
Ole Miss at Texas A&M Time TBA
Baylor at Texas Tech Time TBA
Oklahoma State at Kansas State Time TBA
Notre Dame at Syracuse Time TBA
Georgia Tech at Florida State Time TBA
Arizona State at Colorado Time TBA
Oregon at California Time TBA
Stanford at UCLA Time TBA
USC at Arizona Time TBA

Ohio State at Penn State Time TBA

Illinois at Nebraska Time TBA
Michigan State at Michigan Time TBA
Rutgers at Minnesota Time TBA
Louisiana Tech at FIU Time TBA
I believe the slugfest between Toledo and Eastern Michigan has the inside track for the primetime matchup that week.

I look at it this way, OSU would need to beat us twice. And trust me, OSU fans may say they don't care, but they look over their shoulders every year. No question they have consistently had the better program and they absolutley hate MI more than us. They know we are the bigger threat.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
Our prior AD was incompetent. Good test for new AD.

I don’t think it’s a given the big ten follows suit. Can’t risk a rematch between OSU and Michigan a week after the game.
They don't dictate anything. It been tradition in the Big Ten and college football to have rivalry games as the last game of the season. The TV networks always dictated start times and for most of it the no night games in November ensured that the game was either noon or 3:30 typically.

ADVERTISEMENT