ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on TheMat of a big pick up for Cael (Kerkvliet speculation)

So you didn't drive them around for free in violation of NCAA regulations and find out dirt? Eye roll.

Yea, or a 'hey Snacks, how's Big Bro doin?' question would have been appreciated by the board :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jtothemfp
This whole Kirk episode is a bit surreal. NCAA HWT is a far different animal than high school. Many agree Kirk needs another 20+ Lbs to make an attempt at being elite in college and he certainly has the frame for that much and more, but he is no automatic upgrade over Seth. My biggest beef with Seth (get the pun) is just his lack of open tournament time this year against elite competition. He totally destroyed the state of California and barely lost a nail biter against Schultz, but to some extent he remains an unknown (by the standard of our crazy expectations). Hearing that he is walking around SC seems to elliminate the idea that Nick might retire and Seth reconsider the West coast. That somewhat rediculous scenario fueled my interest in Kirk a bit. Then again under the new transfer rules both could come spend a year in redshirt, train under Cael and let the stronger wrestler prevail. Much of the rest of the country would be drooling over either one of them with a year of our room under their belt.

What say you about this dilemma?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Would be interesting to hear the Nevils brothers chime in. "Fly on the wall"

We all know Kirk needs another 20+ Lbs to make an attempt at being elite in college
Who's this "we all" you speak of?

Kyle Snyder, Kerry McCoy, and Kurt Angle might be considered elite HWTs without the extra 20+ lb you claim "we all know" Kerk needs to add.

Kerk might need it (and probably will add it) but no you and I don't know if he needs it or not.

Reactions: diggerpup
Has anyone else noticed that over on 34 and Counting, the OSU guys have a thread about Kerk reopening his commitment...and there are only 4 posts on the whole thread!

I get they're dissapointed, and it is the offseason, but 4 posts? Geez

HR has some crazies, but their fans are fanatical...gotta give them that.
Maybe because we aren't prone to unsubstantiated speculation, or feel the need to go off on tangents about other teams, or bring up what is happening on HR or BWI to pollute a thread? Or maybe we just don't post to see ourselves post, with no new information, just a restatement of what has already been posted? Lot's of reasons :)

Maybe because we aren't prone to unsubstantiated speculation, or feel the need to go off on tangents about other teams, or bring up what is happening on HR or BWI to pollute a thread? Or maybe we just don't post to see ourselves post, with no new information, just a restatement of what has already been posted? Lot's of reasons :)

Cowboy, on a different OSU topic, any idea what weight Fix will be going this year?

Reactions: jtothemfp
So you didn't drive them around for free in violation of NCAA regulations and find out dirt? Eye roll.
Nope just let them comment and smile at my french bulldog Barkley.. haha..
38256524_1866184180114726_2234885038472691712_n.jpg

38264011_1866184133448064_9014041025974370304_n.jpg

The Steelers fan in me has thus far put the kibosh on it but I might have to break down and get him one.. haha..

haha, I had to get my son a barkley jersey back in may. It hurt at first, but later felt really good.

Next week when Madden comes out, will revisit this rope pull Im sure.

I really think barkley is going to be a leader for the university at large for many-many years to come.

Reactions: HOCKEYGOD11
This whole Kirk episode is a bit surreal. NCAA HWT is a far different animal than high school. We all know Kirk needs another 20+ Lbs to make an attempt at being elite in college and he certainly has the frame for that much and more, but he is no automatic upgrade over Seth. My biggest beef with Seth (get the pun) is just his lack of open tournament time this year against elite competition. He totally destroyed the state of California and barely lost a nail biter against Schultz, but to some extent he remains an unknown (by the standard of our crazy expectations). Hearing that he is walking around SC seems to elliminate the idea that Nick might retire and Seth reconsider the West coast. That somewhat rediculous scenario fueled my interest in Kirk a bit. Then again under the new transfer rules both could come spend a year in redshirt, train under Cael and let the stronger wrestler prevail. Much of the rest of the country would be drooling over either one of them with a year of our room under their belt.

What say you about this dilemma?

That bolded part is a great point. I've already become accustomed to viewing the college season as two seasons, with respect to Redshirt rules: allows coaches a few months of wrestling room & open tourney eval without committing to burning an eligibility year until second semester (relatively little harm to fans also, with as lame as many 1st semester duals have been lately, and with as good as the Holiday tourneys are).

But I think you're right in that we should begin to adjust our Team makeup outlooks in terms of 1-year Seasons for the teams, Whether that's academic enrollment, or just geographical location in a training context (RTCs or Ivy 'redshirts' at community colleges). "This season, Wrestler X is training with Team Y," regardless of any possible future competing collegiately for Team Y. Then just keep tracking wrestlers' eligibility in terms of the NCAA clocks & rules.

In that way, like you note, a wrestler like Mason Manville can get tons of training experience from Cael & Staff & RTC & Room without ever competing for Penn State or burning any portion of scholarship. He could do one more year there this year, have 3 years of post-HS training (1 OTC, 2 PSU/NLWC "Room"), bounce to any other college and start at Nationals for 3 years, all inside NCAA clock rules. Throw in any Olympic year redshirts, and somebody like Kerk could 3-4 years of Training with Cael's resources, never take a scholarship cent or compete for PSU collegiately, then show up at Nationals and battle PSU's rep for 3 straight years.

It's def time to look at transfers differently.

Ok...really hoping to see Fix v Lee matchup this year. And really anxious to see the lower weight lineup for OSU.
It will be a good lineup across the board. Really the only spots pretty well set are 197 and HWT with Wiegel and White. Only "hole" at 157, and weight changes may solidify that. Not as many high end AA's as I would like, but....with a good run, will make some noise.

Ok...really hoping to see Fix v Lee matchup this year. And really anxious to see the lower weight lineup for OSU.
Fix-Lee, Fix-Gross, Fix-Suriano, Fix-Arujua, Fix-Gomez, Fix-Lizak, Fix-Micic, Fix-Teske, Fix-Teasdale So many possibilities. Would like to see them all-but won't, I don't think.

This can't be true. HR said that Seth and his family were betrayed by Cael for recruiting Kerk. Must have been someone else you saw walking with Verk.

Correct,

Verk was with Gingrich, saw them eating together at the Corner Room the same day.

If there is anyone out there that doubted the Kirk thing...well Im a believer

This article is worth a read -- it's about what Smith might do if Kerk goes elsewhere.
https://pistolsfiringblog.com/possi...cowboys-with-kerkvliet-reopening-recruitment/

Also contains this quote about @smalls103 's favorite future nursing home denizen and former #1 PFP troll:
"Interestingly, I saw this tweet in a thread discussing where he should go now that he’s reopened his recruitment. It’s not from a wrestling expert by any means ..."

yeah To$U might have something to say about the start of the article.....as far as money...if so with the loaded guys they have as backups all over....well lets..just ....say......

vodka better investigate...

What changed?

this is 7.2% ............but if Im going to dip my pinky........but I dont think I know enough to even opine, but again its 7.2%...............

You didnt marry the first girl you dated did you? In some cases the second either....... In some cases the 5 or 6th...just say'n

sometimes the feel finds you.

#dontworryroar

this is 7.2% ............but if Im going to dip my pinky........but I dont think I know enough to even opine, but again its 7.2%...............

You didnt marry the first girl you dated did you? In some cases the second either....... In some cases the 5 or 6th...just say'n

sometimes the feel finds you.

#dontworryroar

5 or 6th? I'd have to take Chickenman's and your shoes off to count high enough

i celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary 2 days ago....so actually all numbers mean nothing....right...:p;):oops::eek::rolleyes::D

I think it's because Kerk's dad was on the G recently. I don't know him personally, but again, never a negative out of that camp. I don't typically post bad things I hear about kids, regardless if they're interested in PSU or not. I just try to relay tidbits that come past me, when it's appropriate and not betraying the informant.
LOL Wish wash. LOL

Anymore I don't have any idea what numbers mean in that regard. Last year I marked my 15th, my wife didn't. This year she reminded me of our 16th................... two months after our divorce was final. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

sorry to hear that.

...But i want this for you my son is to be satisfied......

Anymore I don't have any idea what numbers mean in that regard. Last year I marked my 15th, my wife didn't. This year she reminded me of our 16th................... two months after our divorce was final. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Congrats!
Life goes on and you may find you enjoy yourself more.
Give it some time.

Reactions: dbldoofus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT