ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on TheMat of a big pick up for Cael (Kerkvliet speculation)

Did your parents have any children that lived?

It depends on your definition of "lived"...real birth etc. If they were created by artificial insemination....by his own definition....not really alive. More of a.....what is the word?.....Artificial Construct(ion) It is too deep for mere mortals to comprehend.

Ryan comes across like a bit of a **** many times, but my opinion is there is something very positive there. He wins, he recruits exceptionally well, his wrestlers never seem to embarrass themselves, the team nor the university.

He obviously does a lot right. He is the head coach of the second best program, the one program that nips at Penn State's heels. Ohio State openly challenges PSU's reign, they are the state school of a neighboring state, both schools recruit the same kids and they are Ohio State.

At the end of the day, Ryan does a fantastic job for his program and a big bad Ohio State wrestling program is good for wrestling. However he does provide much material for poking fun at and what kind of fan base would we be if when presented such a vast volume of comic material we did not make fun of such a serious rival.

That's just how things are handled.
;):cool:

Well said. BTW, when does FLO's much anticipated documentary, "tOSU's March to the 2018 NCAA Championship," come out? Did I miss the release?

It's a team title that is not based on team competition but rather upon an artificial construct...

Can’t help but think of the famous scene from the Matrix where the little bald guru kid says this to a Minny Wrestling fan:

"Do not hope for your team to win an NCAA title, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. There is no title to win. Then you will see it is not the title that is perpetually lost, it is only your mind."

Tweener getting outsized:

xwg8douq2ro01.gif
:D

Well of course we can. But then where would we all be hanging out? Oh yeah, the Hawkeye Lounge and the Pitt Board. I'll pass.

I don’t think I would last long on the Hawkeye Lounge! So I would be stuck talking wrestling with my wife. I love her and and she was a wrestling mom that loves PSU, but still...

Out of four million sperm cells, his was the fastest and the strongest?
Nah. All the stronger, faster, smarter cells were done in on the way. Jammy was the last one left. Kind of a last ditch Hail Mary that has morphed into the curse of the xanax dude with free t shirts.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Ryan comes across like a bit of a **** many times, but my opinion is there is something very positive there ...
According to Byers, when Ryan’s team won the title, Ryan wasn’t just very positive that year, he was infinitely positive. :)

Reactions: nitlion6
Ryan comes across like a bit of a **** many times, but my opinion is there is something very positive there. He wins, he recruits exceptionally well, his wrestlers never seem to embarrass themselves, the team nor the university.

He obviously does a lot right. He is the head coach of the second best program, the one program that nips at Penn State's heels. Ohio State openly challenges PSU's reign, they are the state school of a neighboring state, both schools recruit the same kids and they are Ohio State.

At the end of the day, Ryan does a fantastic job for his program and a big bad Ohio State wrestling program is good for wrestling. However he does provide much material for poking fun at and what kind of fan base would we be if when presented such a vast volume of comic material we did not make fun of such a serious rival.

That's just how things are handled.
;):cool:
I agree with almost everything you said about Ryan with the one exception being I don't think that Ryan and Cael always recruit the same wrestler.
From what I heard Ryan went after Sasso real hard, where as Sanderson did not pursue him very much. It will be pretty interesting how things end up for Sasso and Ohio State.
Sometimes it's good for a kid to leave the area he's from and get away from the people and routines that he is associated with.
Jordan Oliver is a prime example of how a 1000 plus miles helped him concentrate on wrestling and not be part of the local environment.

I agree with almost everything you said about Ryan with the one exception being I don't think that Ryan and Cael always recruit the same wrestler.
From what I heard Ryan went after Sasso real hard, where as Sanderson did not pursue him very much. It will be pretty interesting how things end up for Sasso and Ohio State.
Sometimes it's good for a kid to leave the area he's from and get away from the people and routines that he is associated with.
Jordan Oliver is a prime example of how a 1000 plus miles helped him concentrate on wrestling and not be part of the local environment.
I think there is room for both of you to be right - I think PSU and tOSU are generally recruiting in the same neck of the woods. But Sasso's case was a bit different. He had some issues that needed to be worked out in more than one area or he wouldn't have even ended up at tOSU. Obviously, he did, but by that time there really wasn't any room left at the inn at PSU and Sasso wasn't going to be one of those recruits that just heads to a school and doesn't worry about scholarship money.

I think if SR year Sasso could have shown up in his FR and SO year, Sammy would have been pretty heavily recruited by PSU. I said for a while - very good kid, just needs to get some maturity. The maturity we expect out of 15 year old high end recruits is not typically exhibited by most 15 year olds. I think Sasso just needed to figure that out. Which he did.

I think there is room for both of you to be right - I think PSU and tOSU are generally recruiting in the same neck of the woods. But Sasso's case was a bit different. He had some issues that needed to be worked out in more than one area or he wouldn't have even ended up at tOSU. Obviously, he did, but by that time there really wasn't any room left at the inn at PSU and Sasso wasn't going to be one of those recruits that just heads to a school and doesn't worry about scholarship money.

I think if SR year Sasso could have shown up in his FR and SO year, Sammy would have been pretty heavily recruited by PSU. I said for a while - very good kid, just needs to get some maturity. The maturity we expect out of 15 year old high end recruits is not typically exhibited by most 15 year olds. I think Sasso just needed to figure that out. Which he did.
Totally agree with the maturity issues, and that they're seemingly worked out. I'll also add I have really enjoyed watching him wrestle this last year in particular and have seen him grow. I think he has a bright future ahead on the mat.

Totally agree with the maturity issues, and that they're seemingly worked out. I'll also add I have really enjoyed watching him wrestle this last year in particular and have seen him grow. I think he has a bright future ahead on the mat.
UV ray bright?

Word is Cael was at OTC and possibly mentioned 220 weight class will be added due to "heavy influence" pushing for it Also brought up chance of long term opportunities. Cael is an amazing recruiter.

Word is Cael was at OTC and possibly mentioned 220 weight class will be added due to "heavy influence" pushing for it Also brought up chance of long term opportunities. Cael is an amazing recruiter.

Ok I'll bite- where is there any documentation if this 'word'?

I am 100000% in favor of that split but think there is no chance. Just consider the economic impact to too many fringe programs that are already struggling to stay afloat. It wouldn't work well without a change to 10.9.

tOSU was recruiting him after he switched commitments to Okie State.

That being said, lol if he ends up at PSU. From every thing I've seen and heard, he's a fantastic person and athlete. I've never heard anybody say anything bad about him, and I've usually heard the dirty laundry on MN guys.
What laundry have you heard and where did you get it from? Th Gboard? LOL

Reactions: rmg78
Ok I'll bite- where is there any documentation if this 'word'?

I am 100000% in favor of that split but think there is no chance. Just consider the economic impact to too many fringe programs that are already struggling to stay afloat. It wouldn't work well without a change to 10.9.

220 is coming. Maybe FLO can discuss this. Ask PSU and tOSU coaches what they think.
EDIT: It aligns with world weights. Times have been changing. Makes sense. We're are adapting our weights and style to be the best in the WORLD. And the world has added a couple weights to adapt with upper weights.

What laundry have you heard and where did you get it from? Th Gboard? LOL
I don't get much from The G, being I'm not well-liked by a few. But I'm around wrestlers, wrestling, and wrestling people more days than I'm not in any given year. You hear things. Some things are obviously bull, some are a partial truth, some are a slanted truths. I'm just saying that I've never heard anything bad on Kerk, and any time I'm around where he's around, he carries himself well. That doesn't change if he ends up at tOSU.

Crop, you don't have to defend yourself, especially from a new guy.

Though someone that strident makes you wonder how new he is.

#andthedynasty.just.got.stronger.
If that’s so he’s lasted 200+ posts on HR. I did seem to remember he has a background as a rock musician - 21Guns was in reference to a Green Day song, for example. Hmmmmm

Crop, you don't have to defend yourself, especially from a new guy.

Though someone that strident makes you wonder how new he is.

#andthedynasty.just.got.stronger.
I think it's because Kerk's dad was on the G recently. I don't know him personally, but again, never a negative out of that camp. I don't typically post bad things I hear about kids, regardless if they're interested in PSU or not. I just try to relay tidbits that come past me, when it's appropriate and not betraying the informant.

Reactions: kevin310
Has anyone else noticed that over on 34 and Counting, the OSU guys have a thread about Kerk reopening his commitment...and there are only 4 posts on the whole thread!

I get they're dissapointed, and it is the offseason, but 4 posts? Geez

HR has some crazies, but their fans are fanatical...gotta give them that.

ADVERTISEMENT