ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on TheMat of a big pick up for Cael (Kerkvliet speculation)

One can definitely see the attraction to tOSU for Kerk who listed his post collegiate career as a major decision point, but for the near term they have a another undersized studly heavy with similar aspirations. I definitely do not see Chase and Kerk overlapping for 4 years. Even with a redshirt one of them won't stay.

Likewise Snyder isn't even near the typical wrestler's peak yet age wise, and shouldn't be ready for the old folks home when Kerk graduates.
When you wrestle with a phenom like that every day, although it's great training for Kirk's folk years, Snyder will learn every one of his tricks. The one thing you can't take away from Snyder is his build and power, Kerk is longer, leaner and still needs to fill in. Short of Kerk gaining 30 lbs of pure muscle over the next 4 years he will always have a reall hard time with Snyder in freestyle. This is one example where I think less exposure to Snyder might be a positive long term for Kerk in terms of his post collegiate career.

Excellent job of rationalization! o_O I hope it works.

You're right, Kerk only cares about getting artificial team titles for PSU and has absolutely no interest in how his personal career develops.
Artificial team titles??? MInny Soda would LOVE to have one of those! There are countless numbers of t-shirts floating around Africa to prove it.

One can definitely see the attraction to tOSU for Kerk who listed his post collegiate career as a major decision point, but for the near term they have a another undersized studly heavy with similar aspirations. I definitely do not see Chase and Kerk overlapping for 4 years. Even with a redshirt one of them won't stay.

Likewise Snyder isn't even near the typical wrestler's peak yet age wise, and shouldn't be ready for the old folks home when Kerk graduates.
When you wrestle with a phenom like that every day, although it's great training for Kirk's folk years, Snyder will learn every one of his tricks. The one thing you can't take away from Snyder is his build and power, Kerk is longer, leaner and still needs to fill in. Short of Kerk gaining 30 lbs of pure muscle over the next 4 years he will always have a reall hard time with Snyder in freestyle. This is one example where I think less exposure to Snyder might be a positive long term for Kerk in terms of his post collegiate career.
How many more years do you think Snyder has left in him. He is at a big weight and that is going to take a toll on him. I would give him 5 years tops. Am I delusional or pretty close to reality on this guess?

How many more years do you think Snyder has left in him. He is at a big weight and that is going to take a toll on him. I would give him 5 years tops. Am I delusional or pretty close to reality on this guess?
How many years did Bruce Baumgartner wrestle at a big weight? With Kyle starting as young as he was, I think you are selling him short on the length of career he could have.

Reactions: Afw6006
Circle this date on your calendars: Jammen just renounced Minnesota's 3 national titles for being "artificial."

Because if Jammen is known for anything, it's leadership by example and having the courage to stand for his convictions.

(He would've renounced Nebraska's too except, well, never mind.)
He could renounce the corndog 94 football championship and have the trophy sent to University Park where it belongs.

Just saying, you know because jaminmytoes is so convicted.

Reactions: D3wrestler
I hope Ryan turns his inane, desperate jabbering up to 11.
Just remember, Cael is the only coach to recruit over well-established talent. :rolleyes:

I heard Kerk was over at tOSU for a camp, as well as Schultz, and now that Schutlz committed elsewhere, "That's our guy" was used for Kerk... "Well, hopefully..."

I heard Kerk was over at tOSU for a camp, as well as Schultz ...

IMG_0581_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: LaxHawk174
It's a team title that is not based on team competition but rather upon an artificial construct such as:
1) adding up the points of just a team's AA's.
2) most team # of AA's wins with criteria in case of ties
3) whichever team's wrestler is named Outstanding Wrestler
4) whichever team gets the most pins
5) adding up a teams individual point scorers

Wat? Who determines a national championship like this? The NCAA doesn't. What is your point?

Cael only has to point his tremendous heavyweight coaching ability to lure in Kerk:

NCAA's
2010-dnp
2011-dnp
2012-dnp
2013-dnp
2014-dnp
2015-6th
2016-dnp
2017-5th
2018-7th

Add up Minnesota's and Nebraska's NCAA team scores from last year and you're only about 70 points behind the winners and our gold medal staff.
egad8x.jpg

Wat? Who determines a national championship like this? The NCAA doesn't. What is your point?
Jaminhistoes has 1,100+ posts here. How many times has he actually had a point? Twice maybe.

Expecting anything from jammy above the mental equivalent of toe jam is expecting too much.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
It's a team title that is not based on team competition but rather upon an artificial construct such as:
1) adding up the points of just a team's AA's.
2) most team # of AA's wins with criteria in case of ties
3) whichever team's wrestler is named Outstanding Wrestler
4) whichever team gets the most pins
5) adding up a teams individual point scorers
What is the World Series really other than an artificial construct based on such abstract ephemera as
1) an arbitrary division of baseball teams into "National" and "American" camps
2) a running tabulation of which teams scored the most "runs" over a series of individual "games" and awarding those teams "wins"
3) an annual tournament during which the "best" teams play each other in a series of games

Makes no sense really.

What is the World Series really other than an artificial construct based on such abstract ephemera as
2) a running tabulation of which teams scored the most "runs" over a series of individual "games" and awarding those teams "wins"
3) an annual tournament during which the "best" teams play each other in a series of games

Makes no sense really.

Dude, I consider myself not "to" bright but abstract ephemera on a friday. during the blood moon. might be. too. funny!

Makes no sense really.

That's some of your best work tikk. Well played!

Reactions: tikk10
If I were Kirk, is look hard at TOSU . Who better to learn from than a world level light hwt
And if I were tan Tom I would have Snyder calling him up and offering to go to MN to workout. Bring Snyder into the recruiting and it’s a wrap.

That isn't how Ohio State likes to handle things.

I know they’ve had great success under Tan, just seems like the ultimate D-Bag. Kinda like Saint Urban , but at least Urban typically wins the conference

I appreciate jammenz research so I thought I'd provide some as well. I picked some random weights and started at a totally random year of 2011. Here are the finishes at these weights from 2011-2018

149 - 2,1,x,7,x,1,1,1
157 - 2,3,x,x,x,2,1,1
165 - x,1,1,1,x,x,1,1
174 - 3,1,2,5,1,2,1,2
184 - 1,2,1,1,x,x,1,1

x = did not place or did not qualify

If we ever found a real coach, we might be dangerous :)
Glad to see Taylor finally beat Dake ;)

I know they’ve had great success under Tan, just seems like the ultimate D-Bag. Kinda like Saint Urban , but at least Urban typically wins the conference
Ryan comes across like a bit of a **** many times, but my opinion is there is something very positive there. He wins, he recruits exceptionally well, his wrestlers never seem to embarrass themselves, the team nor the university.

He obviously does a lot right. He is the head coach of the second best program, the one program that nips at Penn State's heels. Ohio State openly challenges PSU's reign, they are the state school of a neighboring state, both schools recruit the same kids and they are Ohio State.

At the end of the day, Ryan does a fantastic job for his program and a big bad Ohio State wrestling program is good for wrestling. However he does provide much material for poking fun at and what kind of fan base would we be if when presented such a vast volume of comic material we did not make fun of such a serious rival.

That's just how things are handled.
;):cool:

Circle this date on your calendars: Jammen just renounced Minnesota's 3 national titles for being "artificial."

But not their 8 Cliff Keen National Dual titles, which "Just Say No" blogger Cael killed because he knew he couldn't compete in that format.

But not their 8 Cliff Keen National Dual titles, which "Just Say No" blogger Cael killed because he knew he couldn't compete in that format.
When was the last time a Cael team lost a dual meet? I think PSU would do just fine in that format. Just love how you keep moving the goal posts. Cael manages his program to give the team and the wrestlers the best chance to win national championships. Seven team titles in his nine years at PSU and the most individual national champions during that time.

Your pathetic.

You can see this by all the dual losses Penn State has taken over the last three years.

It's amazing that many posters still fall for Jammenz's trolls time and again. Good lord people.

Jammy should have gotten into politics.

He can argue the sky is brown & the sun is purple, with a straight face.

ADVERTISEMENT