ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on TheMat of a big pick up for Cael (Kerkvliet speculation)

Great, and spot on post.
There seems to be some serious PSU smoke, and as noted by others there are some heads popping on another unnamed message board.

I'll name the board. It's Hawkeye Report and the scumbags there are already hurling ridiculous accusations at Cael.

In the end it makes it sweeter when PSU mops the floor with Iowa, which they will do again in 2018/2019. This is the part of the off-season where HR gets all the bluster back and convinces themselves they will win a championship.

We could also put up Travis Wittlake teching Aaron Brooks, but we all know how that would go now. This is an old match. This is before he was a world champion, before he dominated the US Open and WTT. You may as well put up a grade school video.

More about pumping up my IL boy Jessen... Who is like a foot smaller and wrestled up in this match and will wrestle at least 2 weight classes below Kerk in college... but then again with Wittlake at OKST he may end up wrestling 2 weight classes below Aaron too. ;)

Went to the fan expo at NCAA's this past year. They had a practice for the USA team. Not everyone was there, but there were a lot of guys. If memory serves me, I think Aaron Brooks was working out with DT. I couldn't figure out what senior guy was working out with J'Den. Sat there for 20 minutes just going through possible names. It then hit me it was a high school junior who I just saw wrestle Gable to the brink. He looked and acted like a US Senior guy. Would be a huge get and a lockdown, active heavy for many years.

I'll name the board. It's Hawkeye Report and the scumbags there are already hurling ridiculous accusations at Cael.

In the end it makes it sweeter when PSU mops the floor with Iowa, which they will do again in 2018/2019. This is the part of the off-season where HR gets all the bluster back and convinces themselves they will win a championship.
The first smackdown will occur in Big10s where the Hawkeyes (with a really good effort) might challenge the Buckeyes for 2nd best in the Big10. The 2nd smackdown will be NCAAs. The Hawk and Buck eyes will duke it out for 2nd best.

In both tourneys there will be significant seperation between 1st and the other 2 Big10 schools.

Despite Cael believing an annual PSU and Iowa matchup is what is best for wrestling and willing to do just about anything short of traveling to Iowa City every time they have to schedule each other as a non Big10 match, the match shamefully is probably not happening again this year. So there will be no heads up smackdown.
But hey, Iowa can maybe come into B1Gs thinking big ideas. That will make winning B1Gs even more fun.

I almost feel bad for Iowa Fans. Almost.
No reason to feel bad for Iowa wrestling fans. They get to cheer for Spencer for 3 more years. Probably after his post graduate competition career and being the face of Iowa wrestling he will take over as the head coach. They have a program that annually competes for third or fourth place at Big10s and nationals. They are pretty solid.

We could also put up Travis Wittlake teching Aaron Brooks, but we all know how that would go now. This is an old match. This is before he was a world champion, before he dominated the US Open and WTT. You may as well put up a grade school video.

It seems TW and AB have been moving in opposite directions since about the time when TW announced his flip. Interesting.....

sorry if this thread is a tad confusing. I merged the original thread about the Rumor, with two subsequent threads that appeared about Kerkvliet (that were based on the same article, which had already been linked in the original thread).

sorry if this thread is a tad confusing. I merged the original thread about the Rumor, with two subsequent threads that appeared about Kerkvliet (that were based on the same article, which had already been linked in the original thread).
Actually, it's perfect Tom.

By the way, did you see the news that Kerkvliet is back on the market, and has PSU listed as one of his 4 choices? :);)

Cael only has to point his tremendous heavyweight coaching ability to lure in Kerk:

NCAA's
2010-dnp
2011-dnp
2012-dnp
2013-dnp
2014-dnp
2015-6th
2016-dnp
2017-5th
2018-7th

Cael only has to point his tremendous heavyweight coaching ability to lure in Kerk:

NCAA's
2010-dnp
2011-dnp
2012-dnp
2013-dnp
2014-dnp
2015-6th
2016-dnp
2017-5th
2018-7th
I much prefer PSU's track record at 285 and 7 team titles in the last 8 years over Minnesota's 285 track record and kids in third world countries wearing Minnesota national champions shirts.

I much prefer PSU's track record at 285 and 7 team titles in the last 8 years over Minnesota's 285 track record and kids in third world countries wearing Minnesota national champions shirts.
You're right, Kerk only cares about getting artificial team titles for PSU and has absolutely no interest in how his personal career develops.

2010 to 2014 certainly does:
PSU dnp's
MN 1,1,2,7
Most definitely a recruit should be concerned with how the coach performed when he was in the 3rd through 7th grade and the head coach during that time is not even coaching anymore.

Your pretty desperate. I have no idea where Greg is going.

ohiowrestling.net. Just to warn you, you have to use your real name on their board (which caused a problem a few years back when some guy posting as "Britt Malinsky" posted the Dual Impact Index, and was accused of plagiarizing SetonHallPirate's work. Of course, Britt Malinsky is my birth certificate name!
thank you sir!

What is an artificial team title?
It's a team title that is not based on team competition but rather upon an artificial construct such as:
1) adding up the points of just a team's AA's.
2) most team # of AA's wins with criteria in case of ties
3) whichever team's wrestler is named Outstanding Wrestler
4) whichever team gets the most pins
5) adding up a teams individual point scorers

I appreciate jammenz research so I thought I'd provide some as well. I picked some random weights and started at a totally random year of 2011. Here are the finishes at these weights from 2011-2018

149 - 2,1,x,7,x,1,1,1
157 - 2,3,x,x,x,2,1,1
165 - x,1,1,1,x,x,1,1
174 - 3,1,2,5,1,2,1,2
184 - 1,2,1,1,x,x,1,1

x = did not place or did not qualify

If we ever found a real coach, we might be dangerous :)

It's a team title that is not based on team competition but rather upon an artificial construct such as:

16-he-was-in-the-happening-1433364824.gif

WTF are you talking about? Fill in the blank: blithering _____.

Just how many paint chips did you eat as a kid?

Circle this date on your calendars: Jammen just renounced Minnesota's 3 national titles for being "artificial."

Because if Jammen is known for anything, it's leadership by example and having the courage to stand for his convictions.

(He would've renounced Nebraska's too except, well, never mind.)

tOSU is hard after Kerk. Was down in OH this past week... it's gonna be a dog-fight.

One can definitely see the attraction to tOSU for Kerk who listed his post collegiate career as a major decision point, but for the near term they have a another undersized studly heavy with similar aspirations. I definitely do not see Chase and Kerk overlapping for 4 years. Even with a redshirt one of them won't stay.

Likewise Snyder isn't even near the typical wrestler's peak yet age wise, and shouldn't be ready for the old folks home when Kerk graduates.
When you wrestle with a phenom like that every day, although it's great training for Kirk's folk years, Snyder will learn every one of his tricks. The one thing you can't take away from Snyder is his build and power, Kerk is longer, leaner and still needs to fill in. Short of Kerk gaining 30 lbs of pure muscle over the next 4 years he will always have a reall hard time with Snyder in freestyle. This is one example where I think less exposure to Snyder might be a positive long term for Kerk in terms of his post collegiate career.

Reactions: purescurve
One can definitely see the attraction to tOSU for Kerk who listed his post collegiate career as a major decision point, but for the near term they have a another undersized studly heavy with similar aspirations. I definitely do not see Chase and Kerk overlapping for 4 years. Even with a redshirt one of them won't stay.

Likewise Snyder isn't even near the typical wrestler's peak yet age wise, and shouldn't be ready for the old folks home when Kerk graduates.
When you wrestle with a phenom like that every day, although it's great training for Kirk's folk years, Snyder will learn every one of his tricks. The one thing you can't take away from Snyder is his build and power, Kerk is longer, leaner and still needs to fill in. Short of Kerk gaining 30 lbs of pure muscle over the next 4 years he will always have a reall hard time with Snyder in freestyle. This is one example where I think less exposure to Snyder might be a positive long term for Kerk in terms of his post collegiate career.

And, when you really think about it, Snyder really wrestles freestyle only. He has virtually no mat game. So if you want folkstyle success, wrestling Snyder helps you very little.

Your point about Singletary is correct, though. One of the two is sitting for two years if Kerk goes there.

Guess it's Ryan's turn to get blasted for over-recruiting. Lol. First Cael, then Brands, then Ryan, then Koll, then Pop, then Brands, then Cael, .......

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT