ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on TheMat of a big pick up for Cael (Kerkvliet speculation)

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Coild be either for PSU or NLWC (maybe). Our boy Lemonpie is using all his wiles and guile to prise the info out.

Hopefully not a troll as we need some good board fodder

Reactions: LemonPie
Yes. I shamelessly took the bait-- even knowing that this same "source" started the Arujau to PSU rumor last year. I can't help it. We are starved for insider info around here. Those in the CaelGB inner-circle are very careful to not leak anything!

Anyway, poster has NY ties, so I'm hoping it's NY resident, Frank Chamizo to NLWC. But it could also be nothing.

I can dream!

Carter Starocci?

Or, a guy that I think would thrive in the Penn State room, Ryan Anderson?

Yes. I shamelessly took the bait-- even knowing that this same "source" started the Arujau to PSU rumor last year. I can't help it. We are starved for insider info around here. Those in the CaelGB inner-circle are very careful to not leak anything!

Anyway, poster has NY ties, so I'm hoping it's NY resident, Frank Chamizo to NLWC. But it could also be nothing.

I can dream!
Frank is from Little Italy, right? So I'd guess this is 100% accurate and certain.

Reactions: LemonPie
Starroci and Anderson are both very talented but I am not sure either brings much to the table in our lineup for the next 3+ years. They have some flaws and IMO are a cut below elite, as evidenced last week if you watched Carter especially.

In terms of a "big" pickup, I have my fingers crossed for an early commit from the class of 2020.

Beau Bartlett please with a side of Ferrari would make my summer. With the transfer of the Ferrari bros into the hot bed, I really don't see AJ committing early though. He'll have every big program fawning over him for the next year. AJ also has the issue with Beard in terms of lineup value, but man is that kid awesome.

Last edited:
HR would already have multiple pages of reckless speculation by now. I know because we saw it with iMar's rumored grad transfer last year.

HR > BWI

Reactions: tikk10
I have the information you are looking for. Cael Sanderson and David Taylor have both been granted another year of eligibility and while David trains at the NLWC and while Cael coaches the team they will both be in the lineup. Cael at HWT and Taylor at 197lbs.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
4605752046_7161d44a8c_o.jpg

I don't believe it for a second simply because The Mat ...

but in light of LemonPie's request for more reckless speculation:

Gwiazdowski to NLWC. He also fulfills the NY request. Besides, recruit-wise nobody available from NY who is anywhere near as big a get from NY as Busiello.

Reactions: Dogwelder
This appears to be the 2nd clue. How ironic would it be if Seth Nevills was recruited over? It would almost have to be Kerkvliet in order to be the case.
Kerkvliet did come to mind as I immediately checked the Cowboy board after that post by BoHawk on TheMat

Kerk is pretty awesome but as a tweener 285 up against a lot of really big men he might struggle. He is quick but he is so long he lacks what Snyder brought to the table in terms of strength and power at 220-230. I don't know that Kerk beats Seth granted he's more athletic it would be close. I think Kerk needs to get close to 250 in college to be a top half AA type.

I really wish we could have seen a lot more of Seth vs other than California talent. The Schultz match was a slight disappointment to be sure, but I think that is part of the question with Seth, too few matches against the elite heavies. A Seth v Gable match would have been a fantastic barometer.

Then you have Cassiopi by contrast entering every tourney he can get his hands on and his development shows. He has jumped by leaps and bounds over last year.

speaking of other boards--what is a good board for tOSU??? sorry to change suject..
http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Not incredibly active, but several insiders post and no anonymity (so fewer knuckleheads).

Avoid 11Warriors and 247Sports - filled with Ped State references. Though fun to read past threads on NCAAs to watch their hopes slowly fade after pages of irrational exuberance

speaking of other boards--what is a good board for tOSU??? sorry to change suject..
ohiowrestling.net. Just to warn you, you have to use your real name on their board (which caused a problem a few years back when some guy posting as "Britt Malinsky" posted the Dual Impact Index, and was accused of plagiarizing SetonHallPirate's work. Of course, Britt Malinsky is my birth certificate name!

Kerk is pretty awesome but as a tweener 285 up against a lot of really big men he might struggle. He is quick but he is so long he lacks what Snyder brought to the table in terms of strength and power at 220-230. I don't know that Kerk beats Seth granted he's more athletic it would be close. I think Kerk needs to get close to 250 in college to be a top half AA type.

I really wish we could have seen a lot more of Seth vs other than California talent. The Schultz match was a slight disappointment to be sure, but I think that is part of the question with Seth, too few matches against the elite heavies. A Seth v Gable match would have been a fantastic barometer.

Then you have Cassiopi by contrast entering every tourney he can get his hands on and his development shows. He has jumped by leaps and bounds over last year.
Kerk has a big frame. I don’t see any reason he can’t pack on good weight

Reactions: Dogwelder
I don't believe it for a second simply because The Mat ...

but in light of LemonPie's request for more reckless speculation:

Gwiazdowski to NLWC. He also fulfills the NY request. Besides, recruit-wise nobody available from NY who is anywhere near as big a get from NY as Busiello.

I was going to guess Kyle Dake committing to 74 kg for 2020 and joining his buddy DT at the NLWC.

Yours makes a lot more sense, but mine is more reckless.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
ohiowrestling.net. Just to warn you, you have to use your real name on their board (which caused a problem a few years back when some guy posting as "Britt Malinsky" posted the Dual Impact Index, and was accused of plagiarizing SetonHallPirate's work. Of course, Britt Malinsky is my birth certificate name!

LOL, reminds me of the good old days on the original McAndrew message board where we used our real names and actually posted our email addresses.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
LOL, reminds me of the good old days on the original McAndrew message board where we used our real names and actually posted our email addresses.

I used my real name on the old The Wrestling Talk board. But I had someone from the Rutgers board "investigating" me after I posted my email here. That was a little creepy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT