ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor: Allar to start this Saturday...

This is so dumb. He wasn't injured in the game saturday. They do nothing live on Sunday but walk throughs and they don't practice on Monday. You posted this prior to Tuesday's practice. Where and how was he injured? Don't post bogus claims.
It's a RUMOR. And the insiders on these other places say it's happening.

Last edited:
Right there with ya.
Nobody is posting anything about saviors. In fact the post says nothing at all in reference to the above. The post indicates a rumor that Drew Allar will start this Saturday. Not one other thing is Said. Pound sand.

Reactions: Ski
Exactly. I truly believe both quarterbacks have the whole playbook. This is why Drew enrolled In January. James learned quite a lot in Iowa City last year.
We most likely haven't seen Allar on the field with the whole playbook yet. He has mostly played cleanup, albeit very meaningful time for his development.

The big difference between last year and this year is Singleton and Allen. Their running takes a lot of pressure off of whoever plays QB, including Clifford.

Reactions: lions1995
Just curious -- when is this supposed MCL sprain alleged to have occurred? During the CMU game? If so, it certainly wasn't serious as he wasn't limping and didn't come out of the game prematurely. During practice? Always a possibility, I guess.
To play devil's advocate, he might have gotten hurt against Purdue and has been playing through it. Maybe the doctor's think rest is the best medicine. Franklin might be rolling the dice a little, but having Clifford at 100% for Michigan and beyond is important for this team.

If true, CJF must feel confident he can win with Allar. His play thus far says a lot about how hard he has worked since the BW game. I hope Clifford is well and has an incredible year! I'm also excited to see Allar come of age whether or not it's this week or down the road.

We most likely haven't seen Allar on the field with the whole playbook yet. He has mostly played cleanup, albeit very meaningful time for his development.

The big difference between last year and this year is Singleton and Allen. Their running takes a lot of pressure off of whoever plays QB, including Clifford.
Roberson didn't fail in Iowa City because of the playbook.

Just curious -- when is this supposed MCL sprain alleged to have occurred? During the CMU game? If so, it certainly wasn't serious as he wasn't limping and didn't come out of the game prematurely. During practice? Always a possibility, I guess.
I said rumors!!

Again, just a rumor...p.s. Clifford did practice today so if he isn't going on Saturday, it's apparently just a precaution for Michigan on the 15th.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Per Franklin today at practice.

Health and injury-wise, Sean Clifford is “in as good a position as he’s been here,” per Franklin.
This is precisely why I posted the original: Let's actually get down to the bottom of the overall validation of rumors, no matter how much smoke they carry.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Per Franklin today at practice.

Health and injury-wise, Sean Clifford is “in as good a position as he’s been here,” per Franklin.

It sounds like (from one of the press things this week) that they intend to insert Allar into the game for a drive prior to Clifford being pulled for the typical 2nd string depth building junk time. Similar to Nourzad, Effner, and Nelson get specific drives vs a strictly game is out of hand situation or Clifford being injured/dehydrated.

Reactions: marshall23
So let's throw a little water on this rumor, shall we. Franklin didn't say Clifford is out this week and said he's hopeful he can get Allar into the game against Northwestern at his press conference.

From the presser thread: Franklin would love to get Allar and others playing time this week but the coaching staff hasn’t talked about plans or strategy yet for this week.
When it comes to candor during the season JF could tell me that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow and I will be on my lawn looking west for the sun to rise.

Reactions: heckmans
You mean no “PSU” freshman has ever been successful. This had more to do with historically weak recruiting or poor development by PSU. Other programs have been very successful when starting freshmen QBs.
I don't know, people may not have liked him, but Hackenberg was pretty successful as a Freshman under O'Brien.

I don't know, people may not have liked him, but Hackenberg was pretty successful as a Freshman under O'Brien.
484 attempts 270 completions 56% 2977 yards 15 interceptions 12 TDs 229.0 yards per game

Those are not great numbers but people were quick to make excuses for him. You can sum up his career as a ton of potential and even more people making excuses for him. In high school his number were pedestrian but he was a freak in shorts at camps. People blamed his o line and the offense they ran. At Penn State it was he a freshmen, there are sanctions, Franklin offense sucks ect. In the NFL it was the jets and then continued to blame Penn State. Reality is he had an incredible arm but never was able to put it together on the field.

Reactions: blair10
484 attempts 270 completions 56% 2977 yards 15 interceptions 12 TDs 229.0 yards per game

Those are not great numbers but people were quick to make excuses for him. You can sum up his career as a ton of potential and even more people making excuses for him. In high school his number were pedestrian but he was a freak in shorts at camps. People blamed his o line and the offense they ran. At Penn State it was he a freshmen, there are sanctions, Franklin offense sucks ect. In the NFL it was the jets and then continued to blame Penn State. Reality is he had an incredible arm but never was able to put it together on the field.
That was his Soph year under Franklin.

His Fresh year he was 231 for 392 (58.9%) for 2955 yds with 20 TDs, 10 INTs

Just a thought....people only seem to use the term "potential" after a career, when for whatever reason "it" wasn't reached.
Step two- when potential isn't "realized" people seem to immediately look to place blame.
Perhaps the potential really never existed.
You are correct.....Hack didn't light it up in high school either.

No Kenny…aka La Flama Blanca. They got video of him walking into the practice facility today.

AAE0723-D-A8-CE-4-B9-E-B5-D3-55-FCB5-AE4-A5-B.gif

He was also at the bottom of the conference in 3rd down completions. Most important stat was wins. 7 wins each year. Hack was overrated as a freshman. He was ok at best.

Considering what the team was dealing with his years at PSU and the 65 man roster, etc, he never really had a team around him. Not saying he would have been better with 85 scholarship players, but we will never know.

Roberson wasn't a bad quarterback, he just wasn't prepared to play. Whether that's on him or the coaching staff was the problem. He was announced the starter at U Conn and then got injured. I think Franklin learned something from that situation.

ADVERTISEMENT