ADVERTISEMENT

Rumblings of a safety transfer to Penn State? *

Imagine that. Judging without any information. I’ve never seen that before. 🤦‍♂️
The BWI Coaching Advisory Council needs no coaching experience or relative information to render judgement. All members are omnipotent and omniscient.

Reactions: brupsu
Yikes !
Getting booted from FSU and JF is taking a chance like this ?
Knowing what kid deserves a second chance and ones that don't is an acquired skill. Educators make these sorts of judgements every day.
I once made a judgement on a young lady who was on our soccer team. We had a dreadful girls team and she was the only outstanding player. Other schools would mark and abuse her and effectively control the game. She had stitches removed one day from an earlier "spirited" defense and lost her composure and kicked an opponent. She was of course rightfully ejected. She was by rule forced to miss the next game. I added one game to the suspension and left it at that. I was widely criticized for a giving this young lady a" slap on the wrist." My experience and intuition told me to bet on this kid's character. I warned her what would happen should there be anything close to a repeat. She couldn't stop crying in my office.
No incident ever occurred again with this young lady....but she went on to receive an appointment to the United States Military Academy at West Point. She played 4 years of soccer there and continued in the military attaining the rank of Major, last I checked.

What criminal act was this kid convicted of? Oh yeah he slacked off on his studies and didn’t feel comfortable with the new coaching staff. The horror of it all. I’m glad that nobody here ever made a bad decision or slacked off when they were 20 years old. He’s hopefully rectified the first and is seeking a second chance, but let’s brand him for life as a troublesome quitting loser. I hope he comes here and has a great career and shuts up all the hypocrites.

FIRE. FRANKLIN. o_O

Reactions: Thomas1945
Reddit rumors said he quit during mat drills. When he was removed, seemed to be a lot of shock from his teammates. No articles I browsed said anything. Seen one where he was considered to transfer to Texas, but it's probably no more than one of those "peg a former top 50 kid" somewhere deals.

Considering he was taking classes at a CC, it's probably safe to say he had grade issues and little more.
Can't blame this young man for "rumors" that adults with too much time on their hands create to get clicks.

"little more" ? Not sure what you are trying to infer, but once his coaches were fired and he decided to leave FSU, maybe he just was homesick and realized that during Covid taking classes at a local CC would prepare him to get back into P5 football the following year. i.e. now.

No use trying to read more into this young man's story than what can be verified. Lytton seems like a talented player and Franklin does his best to maintain a healthy locker room so its hard to believe this young man is a "quitter", and this looks like the team is adding a talented DB to me.

Reactions: OaktonDave
Knowing what kid deserves a second chance and ones that don't is an acquired skill. Educators make these sorts of judgements every day.
I once made a judgement on a young lady who was on our soccer team. We had a dreadful girls team and she was the only outstanding player. Other schools would mark and abuse her and effectively control the game. She had stitches removed one day from an earlier "spirited" defense and lost her composure and kicked an opponent. She was of course rightfully ejected. She was by rule forced to miss the next game. I added one game to the suspension and left it at that. I was widely criticized for a giving this young lady a" slap on the wrist." My experience and intuition told me to bet on this kid's character. I warned her what would happen should there be anything close to a repeat. She couldn't stop crying in my office.
No incident ever occurred again with this young lady....but she went on to receive an appointment to the United States Military Academy at West Point. She played 4 years of soccer there and continued in the military attaining the rank of Major, last I checked.
And how hasn't anyone delved into what the prior recruitment/PSU camp experience may have been. Since he is from an area that we recruit heavily, it seems likely that we have had contact with him before.

Who knows why we didn't get him the first time around...but if we did people would've been thrilled. The optics look awkward, and can be spun however people choose...but I'll go with our staff/ JF on this one.

Reddit rumors said he quit during mat drills. When he was removed, seemed to be a lot of shock from his teammates. No articles I browsed said anything. Seen one where he was considered to transfer to Texas, but it's probably no more than one of those "peg a former top 50 kid" somewhere deals.

Considering he was taking classes at a CC, it's probably safe to say he had grade issues and little more.
I hadn't seen any mention of any incidents at FSU, let alone serious ones, in any of the articles I've seen regarding the possible transfer.

You guys want to beat OSU or not? We aren't recruiting with them right now, so we need to be open and accepting of high quality transfers, even the ones with some baggage. If you are more concerned with a team full of choir boys, thats fine, don't bitch when we can't get over the hump. Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia, LSU share a lot of qualities, good recruiters, probably some loose academic standards for high end talent, some questionable characters on their teams, etc. I'm not supporting that personally, but I see the Transfer portal as one place PSU can make up ground.

I hadn't seen any mention of any incidents at FSU, let alone serious ones, in any of the articles I've seen regarding the possible transfer.

So it’s up to us to make stuff up or buy into other unsubstantiated rumors so we can feel worse about Penn State and ourselves.

1. He was a bad seed at fsu, but Franklin doesn’t care. Success With Honor is dead. F*ck us.

2. He couldn’t get into maryland due to poor grades, but his poor grades were good enough for us after JUCO. o_O . Our academics are in free-fall. F*ck us.

3. He washed out at fsu, which obviously means he can’t play. Franklin’s an idiot. F*ck us.

4. …F*ck us, and f*ck us again.

So it’s up to us to make stuff up or buy into other unsubstantiated rumors so we can feel worse about Penn State and ourselves.

1. He was a bad seed at fsu, but Franklin doesn’t care. Success With Honor is dead. F*ck us.

2. He couldn’t get into maryland due to poor grades, but his poor grades were good enough for us after JUCO. o_O . Our academics are in free-fall. F*ck us.

3. He washed out at fsu, which obviously means he can’t play. Franklin’s an idiot. F*ck us.

To err is human to be f*cked up is Devine.

Reactions: brupsu and BobPSU92
To err is human to be f*cked up is Devine.
s-l300.jpg

Kids move around a lot now. That’s how it is going to be. I have not heard of him before. If it is true that he was kicked off the FSU team, that is a concern because, let’s face it, FSU does not have the best reputation.
That said, JF, has generally made prudent decisions when it comes to offering players.

Point #2 comes from a reasonable, though not necessarily authoritative source. The rest, I couldn't say.

Can't blame this young man for "rumors" that adults with too much time on their hands create to get clicks.

"little more" ? Not sure what you are trying to infer, but once his coaches were fired and he decided to leave FSU, maybe he just was homesick and realized that during Covid taking classes at a local CC would prepare him to get back into P5 football the following year. i.e. now.

No use trying to read more into this young man's story than what can be verified. Lytton seems like a talented player and Franklin does his best to maintain a healthy locker room so its hard to believe this young man is a "quitter", and this looks like the team is adding a talented DB to me.

The only inference I was making is that their likely was an academic issue to be sorted, otherwise he probably would have transferred into a program last year that was D1. Doesn't seem to be a character issue nor any trouble with the law. If so, it's not documented.

Reactions: GregInPitt
The only inference I was making is that their likely was an academic issue to be sorted, otherwise he probably would have transferred into a program last year that was D1. Doesn't seem to be a character issue nor any trouble with the law. If so, it's not documented.
Yep, I understand your point. I was only trying to point out that with the way he left FSU at the beginning of the COVID hysteria that he may not have been in significant academic trouble but possibly merely wanted to go home. And then the CC near his home was convenient to continue to further his academic progress.
Who knows….but either way he must be in decent academic shape now to be at PSU.

Reactions: lazydave841
And Franklin has a pretty solid record of making such calls…the Team has been mostly sound on the character front…and this is not without Franklin taking some (apparently) measured chances why some kids.

ADVERTISEMENT