ADVERTISEMENT

Rumblings of a safety transfer to Penn State? *

Social media is saying that AJ Lytton is transferring to Penn State. TIFWIW, he got kicked off Florida States team for character issues and a bad attitude. I hope AJ values the second chance that he is getting so good luck to the young man!

Last edited:
Social media is saying that AJ Lytton is transferring to Penn State. TIFWIW, he got kicked off Florida States team for character issues and a bad attitude.
If true, that is a risky take. Hopefully preferred walk-on with opportunity for a schollie if he rises above the negative circumstances @ FSU.

If true, that is a risky take. Hopefully preferred walk-on with opportunity for a schollie if he rises above the negative circumstances @ FSU.

There was no We Are Better tweet, so I assume he's a walk-on at least to start

There was no We Are Better tweet, so I assume he's a walk-on at least to start
From what I'm hearing down here they're just waiting to see if he's academically eligible. He's been taking classes at the local Community College and that's part of the reason he can't come until later in the summer.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Per Dohn he is already in and is starting classes on Monday.

Not sure what happened at FSU but he left the program after Norvell was hired. Was recruited by Taggert. Can't imagine he'll play much at all this year, would at best give us more depth.

FSU kicked him out and we want him? Tell me this is a joke.

Sounds like a talented kid looking for a second chance. Nobody is even sure if he's coming in on scholly. Similar to the ND kid we took 2-3 years ago. Did he negatively affect the team?

A.J. Lytton will join the Lions next week after playing a pair of seasons at Florida State. The Maryland native is a former top-50 recruit who was rated as a five-star prospect coming out of high school.

Taking classes at a community college???

The article says he took classes this past school year at a local community college. Due to not wanting to be on a large campus during Covid? Who knows.

A 2018 class recruit, he had 28 tackles in addition to a forced fumble and interception during his time at FSU. Sounds like he played 2018 and 2019 seasons at FSU, and then sat out 2020 while just taking classes local to his home in MD. 3 years to play 2 (?) but it would not seem that he is looking to sit out 2021 at PSU. Another talented CB added to an already deep CB depth chart.......

Will this be the depth that causes another CB to move to Safety? Who knows..... but the competition in Fall camp in the secondary should be interesting.

------------------------

Also found a blurb in a 6/16/21 article on players in the Portal that referred to Lytton as a Safety.

• Finally, don’t forget about former Florida State safety A.J. Lytton. The former top 50 prospect entered the portal way back in February of last year and has spent the last year cleaning up some academic work at a local junior college. Right now, 247Sports’ national analyst Brian Dohn is projecting Lytton to end up at Penn State.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Kid apparently wanted to transfer to Maryland initially but couldn’t get in so he went Juco. Shows you how much Psu has slid academically (not a knock on Maryland either).

The article say he took classes this past school year at a local community college. Due to not wanting to be on a large campus during Covid? Who knows.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Fizz1
Kid apparently wanted to transfer to Maryland initially but couldn’t get in so he went Juco. Shows you how much Psu has slid academically (not a knock on Maryland either).
Where did you read about Lytton wanting to transfer to MD? link?

The days of the Grand Experiment are long gone but I hope that this is not the case.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Anyone have a source for the supposed problems he had at FSU?

Reddit rumors said he quit during mat drills. When he was removed, seemed to be a lot of shock from his teammates. No articles I browsed said anything. Seen one where he was considered to transfer to Texas, but it's probably no more than one of those "peg a former top 50 kid" somewhere deals.

Considering he was taking classes at a CC, it's probably safe to say he had grade issues and little more.

Social media is saying that AJ Lytton is transferring to Penn State. TIFWIW, he got kicked off Florida States team for character issues and a bad attitude. I hope AJ values the second chance that he is getting so good luck to the young man!
Yikes !
Getting booted from FSU and JF is taking a chance like this ?

What criminal act was this kid convicted of? Oh yeah he slacked off on his studies and didn’t feel comfortable with the new coaching staff. The horror of it all. I’m glad that nobody here ever made a bad decision or slacked off when they were 20 years old. He’s hopefully rectified the first and is seeking a second chance, but let’s brand him for life as a troublesome quitting loser. I hope he comes here and has a great career and shuts up all the hypocrites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT