ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Williams is a terrible coach!

World class baby. Sure he has won two but given the obscene talent levels he has had at KU and UNC, he should have done better. His teams never improve during the year but his whining and crying sure do.

I’m sorry Lion, no disrespect, occasionally I can’t help myself, I’ve just become such a cynical, contemptuous person the last 6 years since we went down the rabbit hole in search for the truth.

I don't know what you're referring to... but I liked your comment.

My point was that modern day "coaches" are really more of a CEO. Their job is to recruit. Be a brand ambassador. Talk on the radio and TV etc.

"Coaching" and especially "game day coaching" is such a small part of the overall picture.

LdN

I don't know what you're referring to... but I liked your comment.

My point was that modern day "coaches" are really more of a CEO. Their job is to recruit. Be a brand ambassador. Talk on the radio and TV etc.

"Coaching" and especially "game day coaching" is such a small part of the overall picture.

LdN
I didn't want to sound flippant toward your post, Lion

Reactions: TheGLOV
And did he not recruit these McDonalds All-Americans? Just sayin
That's true. As far as total package, he's top five for sure. As far as in game coaching, as a carolina hoops fan he drives me bonkers. My friend who is a kansas fan said the same thing...thought they should have won it all in 92, 97, 01, and 03. Again though, not sure there's many I would take over him (probably bill self, coach k, and if I checked all of my scruples coach calipari).

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
That's true. As far as total package, he's top five for sure. As far as in game coaching, as a carolina hoops fan he drives me bonkers. My friend who is a kansas fan said the same thing...thought they should have won it all in 92, 97, 01, and 03. Again though, not sure there's many I would take over him (probably bill self, coach k, and if I checked all of my scruples coach calipari).

New Duke's 5th loss since 2007 to a team that was seeded 5 spots or lower behind them

New Duke's 5th loss since 2007 to a team that was seeded 5 spots or lower behind them
cool stat. Pretty sure coach K has a better head to head record vs. roy since he's been at carolina (and I can't stand duke, but facts are the facts).

Think about it tho, UNC, Duke, and Kentucky should be dominating yearly with the talent they get. Makes what the coaches at Wichita State, Gonzaga, and Butler do amazing considering who they get.

Think about it tho, UNC, Duke, and Kentucky should be dominating yearly with the talent they get. Makes what the coaches at Wichita State, Gonzaga, and Butler do amazing considering who they get.
I think all three of those programs (wichita, gonzaga, butler) are impressive in what they accomplish, but Gonzaga strikes me as consistently overrated. We'll see how deep they go this year. Seems like those teams have a good run every three to four years as they do it mostly with juniors/seniors.

You know Glov, you're sounding more and more like Victor Surma.
Hahaha. I've had Glov on ignore for almost a year but I'm tempted to peak and see what brought on your funny comment. Good one, even though I don't know the context.

BTT

Back to back final fours! Still say he is a terrible coach Lionlze? I guess that makes Coach K and Cal terrible coaches too since they had rosters loaded with McDonald All-Americans.
OK, I'll admit I was wrong.
This crow tastes delicious!
For the record, I detest Duke/not a Duke fan.

Well, since you are to lazy to look:

Tar Heels

Berry
Pinson
Hicks
Meeks
Bradley
Jackson

Dook

Tatum
Allen
Kennard
Giles
Jackson
Jefferson
Bolden
Jeter
Giles

Old Rat face has "9"

Roy "6"

Why did you list Giles twice?

There is some kind of weird obsession where people don't like coaches who recruit well and think that means they can't coach "why get a top 10 guy who may leave in 1-2 years, when you can get a top 100 guy who will stay for 3-4?"

Roy Williams has reached his 2nd Final Four in a row without any standout NBA prospects on the team. That's pretty freaking impressive. John Calipari didn't even do that.

ADVERTISEMENT