ADVERTISEMENT

Rousey in 34 seconds(OT)

They just keep throwing women out there that are overmatched hoping someone can surprises them. Can anyone honestly say they want to pay to watch her fight? She is so far ahead of everyone else it is sad.

are these ladies fans of Asia?

"Don't cry"

Correia definitely went over the top with some really vile trash talking. I don't know if she thought getting into Rousey's head was her only viable strategy, but I'm kind of glad Rousey knocked her out instead of using an arm bar submission.

Reactions: Nashville Lion
I watched the clip and the slo mo in the clip. Was Correia even hit with a solid punch? She got grazed with a right on the back of her head and went down like a sack of potatoes. It almost looked like a wrestling match from WWE. Another scam that promotes a "star". How much $ did UFC take in with this sham of a fight. P.T. Barnum would be proud. Is Rousey the new Fiji Mermaid?

Reactions: simons96
I watched the clip and the slo mo in the clip. Was Correia even hit with a solid punch? She got grazed with a right on the back of her head and went down like a sack of potatoes. It almost looked like a wrestling match from WWE. Another scam that promotes a "star". How much $ did UFC take in with this sham of a fight. P.T. Barnum would be proud. Is Rousey the new Fiji Mermaid?

not sure if you've ever been punched in the head, but it does look like Rousey got Correia behind the ear, and on the temple. Grazing punch to the temple is enough to knock you the f**k out, son!

Not sure how many fights you watch but that shot causes a lot of flash knockdowns. Coupled with the left to the side of the head I would say that correai did a great acting job landing flat on her face

If you have ever been hit square in the temple area....it will knock you out. I was glad to see Rousey shut her up. Correia talked junk since last August....even going so far as to make fun of Rousey's dead father.

She absolutely tagged her with a straight right about 8-10 seconds before the knock down

She was not hit in the temple. It was barely a glancing blow off the back of her head and it was more a push down than a knockout shot. Believe what you want to believe. I am reporting on what I saw. Another example of a huge "fix" to scam the public out of huge $. Watch it again and tell me how much you saw Correia even defending herself. It is a huge marketing tool. I hope you didn't spend any $ on it! I'd rather watch WWE. At least I'll be entertained.

I got elbowed in the temple by accident playing hoops in the IM building. people thought I was dead, just watched me crumble in an instant to the court.
I had to take some Muay Thai as part a martial arts training curriculum and we watch videos of guys getting knocked out, some near fatally, from blows to the temple. Scary stuff.

She was not hit in the temple. It was barely a glancing blow off the back of her head and it was more a push down than a knockout shot. Believe what you want to believe. I am reporting on what I saw. Another example of a huge "fix" to scam the public out of huge $. Watch it again and tell me how much you saw Correia even defending herself. It is a huge marketing tool. I hope you didn't spend any $ on it! I'd rather watch WWE. At least I'll be entertained.

except part of Rousey's strategy was to radically change her fighting style to aggressively attack Correia. Correia was spending most of that 34 seconds backing up and trying to figure out wtf was even happening.

If you think MMA such as UFC is fixed, you are absolutely crazy. This is not WWE Wrestling. And Ronda Rousey is the real deal. Ronda could have arm-barred her into submission probably earlier....but chose to fight Correia at her game....a slug fest. Keep in mind....Rousey was formerly a National Judo Champion. She is one tough chick...and good looking to boot.

If you think MMA such as UFC is fixed, you are absolutely crazy. This is not WWE Wrestling. And Ronda Rousey is the real deal. Ronda could have arm-barred her into submission probably earlier....but chose to fight Correia at her game....a slug fest. Keep in mind....Rousey was formerly a National Judo Champion. She is one tough chick...and good looking to boot.

in fact, Rousey DELIBERATELY made it a slug fest just to rub it in to Correia's face. I watched the video of the fight again 3 or 4 times. I don't know which fight you are watching, rudedude. Rousey pummeled her.

in fact, Rousey DELIBERATELY made it a slug fest just to rub it in to Correia's face. I watched the video of the fight again 3 or 4 times. I don't know which fight you are watching, rudedude. Rousey pummeled her.
Here's the fight so everyone can see Rudedude is high. Right after the back roll, Correia takes 2 nasty shots - the 2nd one buckling her knees and initiating preservation mode.

Here's so more footage without the dumb music

I'm not sure it rigged, but the sport as a whole is a joke. MMA in itself is somewhat of a PT Barnum sideshow and WOMEN's MMA... the worst.

The pool of women with any skill and talent is so limited. Pick one, give her the money for the proper training and illegal supplements, game over.

Reminds me of the days they were pushing Laila Ali (can't remember the spelling of her first name)

LdN

It's easy to say you shouldn't get knocked out by those punches when you're sitting behind a computer...

I am not sure what the payday was for this fight...but I know in one of her most recent fights....I think maybe 2 fights ago she received $110,000. She got $55,000 for fighting and then a $55,000 bonus for the win.

A few PSU wrestlers are now doing MMA...Phil Davis for one. Ed Ruth will be going pro at some point...when he is done with olympic wrestling.

A
Thanks for link. One thing I will say is joe rogan does not know where the temple on the head is. Listen to all his fight calls and behind the ear is the temple according to him. He calls a good fight and is very knowledgeable but every single time he is wrong on this.
Also, pat cummins, Eric Bradley and bubba Jenkins all psu guys still fight.

I am not sure what the payday was for this fight...but I know in one of her most recent fights....I think maybe 2 fights ago she received $110,000. She got $55,000 for fighting and then a $55,000 bonus for the win.

I found this

http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighter-salary-database/salary-main/ronda-rousey-career-earnings.html

UFC 190 – Aug 1/15 – W (Correia) – $230,000($70,000 to show, $70,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship)

I thought she made way more then this, also not sure if she would get a part of the pay per view money.

$230,000 for one night...not bad at all. Wow. Keep in mind her real money comes from sponsorships, commercials, and now even movies. I would imagine her net worth is in the millions.

tumblr_m6zb8hDOBe1rp5cawo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: john4psu
It is the left hand about 5 seconds before the 'final punch' that actually was the big blow. That left hand to the face knocked her out, she just stayed up for a second and Rousey essentially pushed her down with that back of the head shot. The final back of the head shot was not what was the major blow.

It is the left hand about 5 seconds before the 'final punch' that actually was the big blow. That left hand to the face knocked her out, she just stayed up for a second and Rousey essentially pushed her down with that back of the head shot. The final back of the head shot was not what was the major blow.
This! I saw that the 3rd or 4th time I watched. She bounced off the cage right into it.

Agree, total bail and a fixed match IMO

The UFC is going to be the WWE in a year or so with the out of ring stories. The buildup and talk was way over the top for this match.

What sport does not do a build up for big events?? Think about when Patriots play Broncos. It is Manning vs Brady?? How is that any different than what UFC does. They are smart for hyping their brand and their big events.
UFC is growing in popularity....hell, my wife wanted to see last night's fight. It is appealing to a broader and broader audience with people like Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor.

The matches are absolutely not fixed....the incentives to win are out there....and they are signifcant.

I don't ever remember Manning and Brady almost fighting during a press conference and wishing death on one another. It's a typical BS sideshow.

This is a terrible link, somebody taped with a cell phone off a TV.

That said, check out the left knee to the solar plexus at 0:38. Nothing like a hard body shot to open up the opponent, especially when you follow with a right uppercut. That sent Corriea into the cage and it was el churcho.

After that you had THREE coun't em THREE lefts that staggered Corriea. She was out on her feet and then Ronda lowered the boom with the right to the temple. Ronda was taking out her mouthpiece while Corriea was kissing the canvas.

Corriea ran her mouth a hell of a lot harder than she ran her fists and I loved to see her take a nap. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

ADVERTISEMENT