ADVERTISEMENT

Roster

jpsolo

Feb 7, 2007
I apologize if it’s been mentioned before but I see Brown Transfer Timothy Levine in the roster. Started as a true fr at 141 for them. Went 18-14. Lost 1-0 to Dave Evans first match of the season. 6-1 to runner up Clarke and SV to AA Composto. 1-2 at EIWAs.

Reactions: tikk10 and hlstone
That’s interesting. Levine had a nice a nice high school career, albeit at a number of different schools. Really nice depth addition.

I also liked Todd. I don't know the actual reason he stepped down but one problem was a lack a NCAA qualifiers.

Brown would have 50+ alum/donors attending Nationals and there was no one to cheer for. Compared to most schools that is great.

Today Brown's Sports foundation is having there big fundraiser which pits team against team in donations and donors etc. Wrestling was in 1st place this morning with 3OK in amount and I think 11 donors. That will change from 1st due to size of the teams they are competing against within the school.

Shame Levine left from a Brown perspective as he was their best wrestler. Also Brown wrestlers takes care of there young as to job placement upon graduation, but you have to work your ass off and you will do well in life as to your career.

Likely I've seen it first hand, a lot of opportunities but you have to work hard as most wrestlers do in life.

I also liked Todd. I don't know the actual reason he stepped down but one problem was a lack a NCAA qualifiers.

Brown would have 50+ alum/donors attending Nationals and there was no one to cheer for. Compared to most schools that is great.

Today Brown's Sports foundation is having there big fundraiser which pits team against team in donations and donors etc. Wrestling was in 1st place this morning with 3OK in amount and I think 11 donors. That will change from 1st due to size of the teams they are competing against within the school.

Shame Levine left from a Brown perspective as he was their best wrestler. Also Brown wrestlers takes care of there young as to job placement upon graduation, but you have to work your ass off and you will do well in life as to your career.

Likely I've seen it first hand, a lot of opportunities but you have to work hard as most wrestlers do in life.
194e878c-03cb-4a47-ac09-c7b880a48108_text.gif

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
I should’ve said he’s on the track wrestling roster. Weight class shows 133 which means he weighed between 125.1-132.9 at time of cert.

Last edited:
Just to update you closet Brown University wrestling fans, the wrestling fans/alumni/family made 210 donations to the team placing 4th out of all men's sports. Not too bad. The dollar amount was $142,749 for wrestling.

In comparison, Baseball received 59K with 76 donors and Basketball was 75k with 55 donors. Football cleaned up with 283k.

BY # OF GIFTS
1 - Crew (Men's):443
2 - Track & Field/Cross Country:410
3 - Football:318
4 - Wrestling:210
5 - Lacrosse (Men's):152

Brown new coach Jordan Leen (Cornell) now has some of my cash as do the PSWC, NLWC and Levi Lamb ( whom I never met). Fandom is fun.

My son while at an airport in North Carolina last weekend ran into his former high school coach who is now the coach at Edinboro.

He told the coach that he and I will attend a Edinboro match and told him we'd make a donation to the team. After chatting, the coach said goodbye and left him but soon returned and gave him an Edinboro Wrestling T Shirt. Pretty cool.

Love this sport.

Good for Brown. That's an amazing amount of money to raise for a wrestling program at a small school, even given that Brown's alumni base would track well above average for income/net worth.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Just to update you closet Brown University wrestling fans, the wrestling fans/alumni/family made 210 donations to the team placing 4th out of all men's sports. Not too bad. The dollar amount was $142,749 for wrestling.

In comparison, Baseball received 59K with 76 donors and Basketball was 75k with 55 donors. Football cleaned up with 283k.

BY # OF GIFTS
1 - Crew (Men's):443
2 - Track & Field/Cross Country:410
3 - Football:318
4 - Wrestling:210
5 - Lacrosse (Men's):152

Brown new coach Jordan Leen (Cornell) now has some of my cash as do the PSWC, NLWC and Levi Lamb ( whom I never met). Fandom is fun.

My son while at an airport in North Carolina last weekend ran into his former high school coach who is now the coach at Edinboro.

He told the coach that he and I will attend a Edinboro match and told him we'd make a donation to the team. After chatting, the coach said goodbye and left him but soon returned and gave him an Edinboro Wrestling T Shirt. Pretty cool.

Love this sport.
I am not surprised Brown Crew has so many donors. I donated to the women’s team as my niece rowed for them. I have been on every snail mail/email/phone list since. If only PSU attacked fundraising with half of Brown’s diligence!

ADVERTISEMENT