ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Bowl: Utah -7 vs tOSU?

SoParkLion

Sep 23, 2001
Is this by the transitive theory that since Oregon beat tOSU and Utah crushed Oregon, Utah should beat tOSU?

I find it hard to think that Utah should be favored by 7 in that matchup.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
If the title is really a question as shown, I’ll guess no. Did a little search and results were reversed.

If the title is really a question as shown, I’ll guess no. Did a little search and results were reversed.
Utah looks pretty tough. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win if Ohio State doesn't show up ready to play.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Maybe factoring in how many future NFL buckeyes will be in street clothes…
I hope that Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson opt out. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they play. Maybe an offensive lineman or 2 will opt out. Don't have many draft eligible players on defense who would benefit from opting out.

I hope that Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson opt out. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they play. Maybe an offensive lineman or 2 will opt out. Don't have many draft eligible players on defense who would benefit from opting out.
When you look at the millions $ involved.....they shouldn't play if their future is clear. I was thinking the same about Jahan Dotson. All it takes is one false move as we saw with Ki Jana Carter in a worthless NFL exhibition game.

No, Ohio State is favored.

DraftKings: OSU -7
FanDuel: OSU -8
VegasInsider: OSU -6.5

Frankly, I'd take Utah given that spread. Could be many OSU opt-outs, and this will be the biggest game Utah has played since at least 2008. their first Rose Bowl, too, whereas for OSU this is a bit of a letdown. Plus, Utah matches up well with their physicality.

Reactions: Mufasa94
If so, Does that mean Fleming gets his first ever start in the Rose Bowl?

When you look at the millions $ involved.....they shouldn't play if their future is clear. I was thinking the same about Jahan Dotson. All it takes is one false move as we saw with Ki Jana Carter in a worthless NFL exhibition game.

And this is why the Rose Bowl, and all the other so called NY6 Games except the 2 CFP games don’t mean crap.

If Utah wins, they just beat a bunch of back ups. If Ohio State wins with backups, it makes the PAC-12 look even worse than it already is.

Oregon didn’t just mail it in against Utah. That game almost looked fixed. If Utah is really as good as they looked against Oregon, and Oregon really was NOT throwing the game, Utah should be in the CFP over Cincinnati. That’s how good they looked.

Against Ohio State’s backups, against another team who the whole country knows is just mailing it in like Oregon was, who the freak cares? Utah would be in a no win situation. That’s why the Rose Bowl now sucks.

And this is why the Rose Bowl, and all the other so called NY6 Games except the 2 CFP games don’t mean crap.

If Utah wins, they just beat a bunch of back ups. If Ohio State wins with backups, it makes the PAC-12 look even worse than it already is.

Oregon didn’t just mail it in against Utah. That game almost looked fixed. If Utah is really as good as they looked against Oregon, and Oregon really was NOT throwing the game, Utah should be in the CFP over Cincinnati. That’s how good they looked.

Against Ohio State’s backups, against another team who the whole country knows is just mailing it in like Oregon was, who the freak cares? Utah would be in a no win situation. That’s why the Rose Bowl now sucks.
Oregon got beat up physically 13 days previous by Utah the exact same way. I don't know how you could call the lock of the year in college football betting a fixed game........

No, Ohio State is favored.

DraftKings: OSU -7
FanDuel: OSU -8
VegasInsider: OSU -6.5

Frankly, I'd take Utah given that spread. Could be many OSU opt-outs, and this will be the biggest game Utah has played since at least 2008. their first Rose Bowl, too, whereas for OSU this is a bit of a letdown. Plus, Utah matches up well with their physicality.
My apologies....Las Vegas odds website did have some teams listed backwards previously....

My apologies....Las Vegas odds website did have some teams listed backwards previously....
Correct, I saw the same thing earlier this morning. They fixed the ones they had reversed a few hours later.

It's like opposite day thread- like that time ya mama did reverse Great Gadgsby and moved to a quaint colonial up the crick leaving McCloudersport off 86. She was in the diner dressed ready to harvest oregano and marshmallow at 4:30 am like me ordering limmemburgher pancakes like my granmata used to make- on coincidence. She had to cause her 10 arabian numerals of smoke signals are gone and Im not a guy that does forensics on robots to recover things like that.

Ohio State is favored, but Utah did beat Oregon not once, but twice and by almost the same score, 38-7 then 38-10. Has to say something about Utah that they were able to beat Oregon that bad twice. I personally would take Utah and the points here.

It's like opposite day thread- like that time ya mama did reverse Great Gadgsby and moved to a quaint colonial up the crick leaving McCloudersport off 86. She was in the diner dressed ready to harvest oregano and marshmallow at 4:30 am like me ordering limmemburgher pancakes like my granmata used to make- on coincidence. She had to cause her 10 arabian numerals of smoke signals are gone and Im not a guy that does forensics on robots to recover things like that.
Yep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT