ADVERTISEMENT

Rooting against Saquon

IANit

Dec 8, 2002
Iowa
The NFL has put me in a tough spot this week. Normally I root for the Giants because I want Saquon to be on a winner, but this Monday I'll be rooting for him to stay healthy and have a good game while going 0-1. Just can't root against my Steelers.

The NFL has put me in a tough spot this week. Normally I root for the Giants because I want Saquon to be on a winner, but this Monday I'll be rooting for him to stay healthy and have a good game while going 0-1. Just can't root against my Steelers.
that's fair, something like 24-21 Steelers with Barkley scoring 3 Tds, 2 rushing and one receiving? ;)

I think the giants might win. Steelers start slow, defense is overrate and I think Barkley has big game against aggressive defense.

I think the giants might win. Steelers start slow, defense is overrate and I think Barkley has big game against aggressive defense.
Steelers are tough to beat on Monday nights, but it's possible the Giants win. I think the defense is for real, not sure what you base that on. Worried a bit about the offense until I see how Ben looks.

Reactions: bison13
Steelers are tough to beat on Monday nights, but it's possible the Giants win. I think the defense is for real, not sure what you base that on. Worried a bit about the offense until I see how Ben looks.
He must think the Giants signed a new offensive line during the off season. Or he's just a dick that has to comment on everything. I'd put my money on the second.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
You must be forgetting this is the Giants we’re talking about. They’re terrible. Their OLine is hot garbage, their defense sucks, and their QB can’t hold on to the football and fumbles if he sneezes. Pittsburgh will win easily.

I too am in the camp of wanting a Steelers win and Barkley going for a couple td's.

You must be forgetting this is the Giants we’re talking about. They’re terrible. Their OLine is hot garbage, their defense sucks, and their QB can’t hold on to the football and fumbles if he sneezes. Pittsburgh will win easily.
You think the Steelers are incapable of losing to an inferior opponent? When was the last time they beat the raiders? These are the games the Steelers lose.

Reactions: MrDibbs
Défense over rated ? GTFO
I don't think Bush is very good, certainly not worth two picks he was way over drafted at 11. Outside linebackers are a dime a dozen, Cam Heyward is a bad contract for the Steelers. Cornerbacks are long in the tooth and they have Fitzpatrick. I think the front 7 is nothing special and i think they are still weak on the outside. And they still have Keith Butler, who I think is garbage and when gets too aggressive, #26 in blue will make them pay.

Being a lifelong Eagles fan and my 2nd favorite team being the Steelers, I usually hate the vaGiants. However, since they drafted Saquon, I always want him to do well when not playing the Eagles or Steelers. But now, that their head coach is a guy from an area of PA where I grew up, I am finding myself wanting the vaGiants to be successful in their opening game so he can prove all the media weenies wrong that were saying he was being too tough on the players. C'mon man, its FOOTBALL!!!!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The pharmacy of the NFL. Where mediocre players go, take meds and become all pros.

You think the Steelers are incapable of losing to an inferior opponent? When was the last time they beat the raiders? These are the games the Steelers lose.
Almost no one loses to the Giants, hence their record for the last two years.

I don't think Bush is very good, certainly not worth two picks he was way over drafted at 11. Outside linebackers are a dime a dozen, Cam Heyward is a bad contract for the Steelers. Cornerbacks are long in the tooth and they have Fitzpatrick. I think the front 7 is nothing special and i think they are still weak on the outside. And they still have Keith Butler, who I think is garbage and when gets too aggressive, #26 in blue will make them pay.
Dime a dozen TJ Watt will win a defensive MVP in the next 3 years.

Dime a dozen TJ Watt will win a defensive MVP in the next 3 years.
He won't, he will never lead the league in sacks which is what it will take for him to win the award. He is no James Harrison and I wouldn't throw some ridiculous contract at him, especially if he has a mediocre season. Pass rushers are easy to find in the NFL.

I'm rooting for Saquon and the Giants. The Steelers will disappoint. Big Ben was going downhill before he got hurt. Now he is a year older and coming off a serious injury. I think he will have a horrible year and retire at season's end. Also, the Steelers have a lead-footed injury prone running back. Not a good combination.

Ok. How did it feel when you got turned down when trying to get into Penn State? That better?
Funny because I’m looking at my degree on the wall from PSU with highest distinction. It is right next to my masters from CMU... keep trying.

I'm rooting for Saquon and the Giants. The Steelers will disappoint. Big Ben was going downhill before he got hurt. Now he is a year older and coming off a serious injury. I think he will have a horrible year and retire at season's end. Also, the Steelers have a lead-footed injury prone running back. Not a good combination.
The Giants have a QB who can’t hold onto the ball if someone breathes on him.

Steelers will go 11-5 at worst if Ben stays healthy.

He won't, he will never lead the league in sacks which is what it will take for him to win the award. He is no James Harrison and I wouldn't throw some ridiculous contract at him, especially if he has a mediocre season. Pass rushers are easy to find in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT