ADVERTISEMENT

Roll Call - Who's heading to the Byrd this weekend?

NittanyLion15

Aug 17, 2001
Laporte, PA
www.youtube.com
6 of us metroing up from DC - W/ maryland students home for break and decent weather... I could see this being a sea of white on Saturday?

Thoughts?

PS - Just for fun...

| November 17, 1917 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 57 | Maryland | 0
| November 13, 1937 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 21 | Maryland | 14
| October 1, 1938 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 33 | Maryland | 0
| November 4, 1939 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 12 | Maryland | 0
| October 23, 1943 | College Park, MD | Penn State | 45 | Maryland | 0
| November 18, 1944 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 34 | Maryland | 19
| November 5, 1960 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 28 | Maryland | 9

| November 4, 1961 | College Park, MD | Maryland | 21 | Penn State | 17
| November 3, 1962 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 23 | Maryland | 7
| November 2, 1963 | College Park, MD | Penn State | 17 | Maryland | 15
| October 31, 1964 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 17 | Maryland | 9
| December 4, 1965 | College Park, MD | Penn State | 19 | Maryland | 7
| September 17, 1966 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 15 | Maryland | 7
| November 4, 1967 | College Park, MD | Penn State | 38 | Maryland | 3
| November 16, 1968 | College Park, MD | #3 Penn State | 57 | Maryland | 13
| November 15, 1969 | University Park, PA | #5 Penn State | 48 | Maryland | 0
| November 7, 1970 | College Park, MD | Penn State | 34 | Maryland | 0
| November 6, 1971 | University Park, PA | #6 Penn State | 63 | Maryland | 27
| November 4, 1972 | University Park, PA | #10 Penn State | 46 | Maryland | 16
| November 3, 1973 | College Park, MD | #6 Penn State | 42 | Maryland | 22
| November 2, 1974 | University Park, PA | #10 Penn State | 24 | #15 Maryland | 17
| November 1, 1975 | College Park, MD | #9 Penn State | 15 | #14 Maryland | 13
| September 24, 1977 | University Park, PA | #5 Penn State | 27 | Maryland | 9
| November 4, 1978 | University Park, PA | #2 Penn State | 27 | #5 Maryland | 3
| October 6, 1979 | College Park, MD | Penn State | 27 | Maryland | 7
| October 11, 1980 | College Park, MD | #14 Penn State | 24 | Maryland | 10
| September 11, 1982 | University Park, PA | #7 Penn State | 39 | Maryland | 31
| October 6, 1984 | University Park, PA | #11 Penn State | 25 | Maryland | 24
| September 7, 1985 | College Park, MD | #19 Penn State | 20 | #7 Maryland | 18
| November 8, 1986 | University Park, PA | #2 Penn State | 17 | Maryland | 15
| November 7, 1987 | Baltimore, MD | #16 Penn State | 21 | Maryland | 16
| November 5, 1988 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 17 | Maryland | 10
| November 11, 1989 | Baltimore, MD | #13 Penn State | 13 | Maryland | 13
| November 10, 1990 | University Park, PA | #21 Penn State | 24 | Maryland | 10
| November 9, 1991 | Baltimore, MD | #9 Penn State | 47 | Maryland | 7
| September 26, 1992 | University Park, PA | #9 Penn State | 49 | Maryland | 13
| October 2, 1993 | College Park, MD | #9 Penn State | 70 | Maryland | 7

| November 1, 2014 | University Park, PA | Maryland | 20 | Penn State | 19
| October 24, 2015 | Baltimore, MD | Penn State | 31 | Maryland | 30
| October 8, 2016 | University Park, PA | Penn State | 38 | Maryland | 14

Reactions: Sharkies
I’m in - wife and I staying with friends in Reading Friday night and then all 4 of us piling into the car and off to College Park Saturday AM for a Terrapin tail whooping party. These seniors deserve full support no matter how disappointed anyone is with a couple of close losses.

Two of us headed down from Harrisburg Saturday morning. Weather looks pretty nice. Are there any good bars worth visiting in College Park? Have heard they don't have a big tailgate scene at Maryland.

I will be there. I will have about 20 of us tailgating. Also going to a Fraternity brother's surprise 50th bday tailgate at the game.

My group includes:
Me (alum), wife (alum), daughter (student), son (applicant), B-I-L (alum), friend (alum)

Should be a good time!

Just got my ticket today. There is some limited tailgating in the area. With it being Thanksgiving break and most students away I am anticipating a 50/50 PSU/MD crowd.

I had to laugh at the first review...

“This is a great dive bar yet very well lit, lots of TVs and it's not smelly with spilled beer.”

Soooo in other words, it's not a dive bar.
Town Hall is a dive bar. And a sketchy one at that. Like if you said to me "You have 1 hour to find crystal meth or we kill your dog" I would head to Town Hall.

6 of us metroing up from DC - W/ maryland students home for break and decent weather... I could see this being a sea of white on Saturday?

Thoughts?

I'm about 75% that I'm going. I don't have tickets yet, but will either by them on SeatGeek on Friday or on campus before the game. Bringing one or two fellow grads with me (metroing from DC).

Town Hall is a dive bar. And a sketchy one at that. Like if you said to me "You have 1 hour to find crystal meth or we kill your dog" I would head to Town Hall.
Okay, fair enough...so then the review is not accurate. Found another review further down I consider more aligned with the dive bar definition..." It's poorly lit, kinda shady . . .dilapidated booths, sketchy restrooms"

Actually, except for maybe the shady clientele, that description sounds just like the Gaff!

Last edited:
Old PSU roomate and I making the trip down from the Lehigh Valley. Love to see the Nits live.

Yup, driving the 20 minutes from Bowie to Byrd Stadium to tailgate with my son's crew that graduated from UMD with my other son and his wife, both PSU grads. Probably be a majority UMD crowd at our tailgate since UMD son got the tickets and parking, but I'll be manning the grill drinking some PA Troegs and Victory!

Suggestions for places to grab a relatively quick bite in College Park? Like sports bars so we can watch other games before ours. TIA

My wife and I can't make it on Saturday but will consider the trip in the future. For those of you who attended the game at maryland two years ago, how was the experience? Were the maryland athletic supporters decent towards Penn Staters?

Suggestions for places to grab a relatively quick bite in College Park? Like sports bars so we can watch other games before ours. TIA
Looney's is the closest sports bar to the stadium. It's decent, but I have no idea how crowded it will be before the game.

Bentley's and Cornerstone are south of Looney's on Rt 1. The are also nothing special, but will have games on. There are also a number of "fast casual" places on Rt 1 if you want to grab something to go.

Reactions: PSU77sh
For those of you who attended the game at maryland two years ago, how was the experience? Were the maryland athletic supporters decent towards Penn Staters?

the 2015 game was played at M&T Bank Stadium, in Baltimore.

PSU fans were out in large numbers for the game. I'm not sure that they were the majority, but they were at least a very substantial minority.

99.9% of the MD fans were fine. I only encountered 1 that was a jerk.

Looney's is the closest sports bar to the stadium.

It will be crowded... there are also two bars now in the Hotel at UMD that are also very close to the stadium, fwiw. Having gone to Penn State but familiar with the bar scene at College Park, I will try to give equations that may help people looking to decide where to pregame (or get out of the weather if its bad).

Town Hall -- A better lit Sharkies
Cornerstone -- an above ground Phyrst
Looney's -- similar to Bar Bleu or Liberty Craft House
Terrapin's Turf - Pickles
Bentley's - like a shitty Cafe 210

Reactions: PSU77sh
No tickets yet but will definitely be there.. just seeing who or how many I can get to join me. Looks like a beautiful day and a great opportunity for Penn State fans to show their support for this team. White it out!

I have 8 tickets taking 2 of my kids plus some friends. One of my friends insists on buying tickets outside the stadium.

Will try to find a place to tailgate and enjoy my family. Looking forward to it as it has been a while since i have been to a game with my sons.

Also coming from Alexandria Va.

It will be crowded... there are also two bars now in the Hotel at UMD that are also very close to the stadium, fwiw. Having gone to Penn State but familiar with the bar scene at College Park, I will try to give equations that may help people looking to decide where to pregame (or get out of the weather if its bad).

Town Hall -- A better lit Sharkies
Cornerstone -- an above ground Phyrst
Looney's -- similar to Bar Bleu or Liberty Craft House
Terrapin's Turf - Pickles
Bentley's - like a shitty Cafe 210

I'd bet all are packed due to PSU fans' penchant for pre-game libations.

Got a group of 7, staying at The Inner Harbor. Got an extra ticket if anyone needs one.

My son and I got our tickets yesterday; I'm guessing it's about a 45 minute drive from Fairfax. I went to the 2015 game in Baltimore. It was a major drunk fest in the section where I sat - not pleasant at all. I'm hoping for better this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT