ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Kraft charged with Soliciting Prostitution

Here's another interesting question: for those clients who didn't use credit cards, how did they identify them? For example, Kraft (Male 13) paid cash.

https://deadspin.com/robert-kraft-went-to-orchids-of-asia-on-the-morning-of-1832876333
Sorry, but will answer my own question (from above):

"A police officer stopped Kraft’s car as he left on January 19 and the officer asking Kraft, who was a passenger, for identification. Kraft produced a Massachusetts drivers license."
https://sports.yahoo.com/robert-kraft-probable-cause-affidavit-193946113.html

Reactions: grinagrin
"started with two questions whose answers were surprisingly hard to find: How many people have been charged with human trafficking in the recent Florida stings that caught Kraft? And how many victims of human trafficking do police claim to have found?

The answer to the first question, stunningly, is zero. Not a single person has been charged with human trafficking in connection with multiple sex-trafficking stings in towns and cities on the east coast of Florida, including Jupiter, Vero Beach, and Sebastian. A press release from the Vero Beach Police said Lanyun Ma, the owner of East Spa—where Detective Brock had his penis touched—has been charged with human trafficking. But neither the affidavit nor warrant show any charges under Florida’s human-trafficking statute. Instead, she is charged with prostitution, deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution, unlawful transportation for the purposes of prostitution, and racketeering. A spokesman for the state attorney’s office declined to comment on whether trafficking charges are still a possibility, as did Ma’s attorney."
From: https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure if the cops pulled him over on Saturday or on Sunday, so I just waited for your post. Yeah, all-time clueless move, not that it would have made any difference.
Mr. Kraft, why did you go back to the spa?
Kraft: Beats me!

Reactions: step.eng69
"started with two questions whose answers were surprisingly hard to find: How many people have been charged with human trafficking in the recent Florida stings that caught Kraft? And how many victims of human trafficking do police claim to have found?

The answer to the first question, stunningly, is zero. Not a single person has been charged with human trafficking in connection with multiple sex-trafficking stings in towns and cities on the east coast of Florida, including Jupiter, Vero Beach, and Sebastian. A press release from the Vero Beach Police said Lanyun Ma, the owner of East Spa—where Detective Brock had his penis touched—has been charged with human trafficking. But neither the affidavit nor warrant show any charges under Florida’s human-trafficking statute. Instead, she is charged with prostitution, deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution, unlawful transportation for the purposes of prostitution, and racketeering. A spokesman for the state attorney’s office declined to comment on whether trafficking charges are still a possibility, as did Ma’s attorney."
From: https://deadspin.com/what-was-really-going-on-at-orchids-of-asia-1832896112
Had just heard that on NPR. None of us yet know, but the thing is, just the mention of HT makes for a big story and lots of publicity.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure if the cops pulled him over on Saturday or on Sunday, so I just waited for your post. Yeah, all-time clueless move, not that it would have made any difference.
He wanted to celebrate the AFC playoff win the prior evening.
Rumor has that Bobby Kraft was a police plant all along in the sting operation. Patriotism = Patriots = Kraft. He doesn’t take a knee.
Tommy boy approves.

Been thinking about this thread. So many problems could be solved if we just had a few more laws to regulate the sex industry. I'm thinking we could ensure child care, produce better children, and even solve global warming. We've been looking at these problems the wrong way.

Been thinking about this thread. So many problems could be solved if we just had a few more laws to regulate the sex industry. I'm thinking we could ensure child care, produce better children, and even solve global warming. We've been looking at these problems the wrong way.

We'll put you in charge of fixing. You seem to have a good handle on it.

Rumor has that Bobby Kraft was a police plant all along in the sting operation. Patriotism = Patriots = Kraft. He doesn’t take a knee.
Late to the game in terms of detailed facts but I just saw on ESPN that Kraft pled not-guilty. Sounds right, except he was filmed twice doing what he claims he’s not guilty of—within 24 hours. Obviously, his plead was to better the deal but it struck me as funny.

Nope. I didn’t do what you filmed me doing. Twice.

Late to the game in terms of detailed facts but I just saw on ESPN that Kraft pled not-guilty. Sounds right, except he was filmed twice doing what he claims he’s not guilty of—within 24 hours. Obviously, his plead was to better the deal but it struck me as funny.

AND the cops pulled him over when he left the tug shop the first day, so they know he was in there. He went back the next day.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y

So when has instant replay ever been called against him?

After his pipes were blown cleaned, maybe he had
Memory loss..." senior moment". I get them often.

Last edited:
AND the cops pulled him over when he left the tug shop the first day, so they know he was in there. He went back the next day.

All this really is comical... Nope. I plead NOT GUILTY.

He's in the clear. Roger Goodell deleted the tapes.

unfortunately I get the 'not guilty' thing in modern society, but I'd much rather see a public figure come out and just say hell yea I did it. Think he had any regrets during ? Honesty in the public sphere is beyond disappointing .

He has no recollection of either erection!

For all the speculation on how the police got the camera's in there.

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/new...cle_d03e3b71-6b87-54f9-a0ef-4cdfd8960e3a.html

Unsealed warrants show how cops got into Florida massage parlor
    • By Marc Freeman and Lisa J. Huriash Sun Sentinel (TNS)
    • 19 hrs ago
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Police still haven’t said how they tricked two women to go outside a Jupiter day spa to secretly set up surveillance cameras inside.

But records released Monday show it was referred to as a “tactical ruse” to get the women to step outside the spa that authorities believed was actually a brothel.

While the women stood outside in the Orchids of Asia Day Spa parking lot, three cops discreetly hid the cameras inside the lobby and four treatment rooms so they could watch — in real time — the male clients paying for sexual favors, according to the search warrants.

As they waited, two more women showed up. One of the women, Hua Zhang, told police she lived across the street and “could see what was occurring inside the spa on her cellphone,” which let cops know she had her own cameras set up.

Police seized the cameras and equipment when they were inside, according to records, since there would be probable cause to believe it captured evidence of a crime.

The two women who would later arrive as the sting was underway have since been charged with felonies, and nine Bank of America accounts of the women — Hua Zhang and Lei Wang — have been frozen, according to records.

Police sought search warrants for their safety deposit boxes in case illegally obtained money would be hidden so as not to pay taxes, according to documents. Authorities have seized $140,000 in cash, according to records.

Zhang’s attorney, Tama Kudman, said Zhang already has pleaded not guilty and waived her arraignment on 29 charges.

Zhang is on house arrest with a GPS ankle monitor at a family home in Hobe Sound, in Martin County, under the conditions of a $278,000 bond. Her residence is in Winter Garden. A legal resident of the United States, she is charged with a third-degree felony called deriving support from prostitution.

Zhang also has been charged with 26 misdemeanors called soliciting another to commit prostitution, one misdemeanor count renting space to be used for prostitution and one misdemeanor count of maintaining a house for prostitution.

Wang, of Hobe Sound, has pleaded not guilty and remains in custody. Circuit Judge Dina Keever has set a bond of $256,000 and Wang would be required to stay on house arrest pending the resolution of her case. Like Zhang, Wang has been ordered not to work in any day spa or salon or in the massage industry.

Besides her bank account and safe deposit box, Wang, 45, the manager of the Orchids of Asia Day Spa, has had her house and Lexus seized by the government, according to her attorney, Paul Petruzzi.

Even after the business’ president, Zhang, 58, was charged Feb. 19, Jupiter police continued to investigate her, records show. Detectives on Feb. 26 obtained a warrant for one of her bank accounts at Wells Fargo, according to court records.

On Feb. 21 and Feb, 26, police obtained warrants to search two Bank of America accounts belonging to Mingbi Shen, 58. She has not been charged in the case, but in Zhang’s arrest records, Shen is listed as a spa worker who performed sex acts on several of the parlor’s clients.

Attorney Kudman said she anticipates the legality of the warrants would come under attack not only in her client’s case, but by the men who were arrested in the parlor bust.

While not commenting on the specifics behind Zhang’s arrest, Kudman said her client appears to have become a victim of cultural stereotyping and a desire by authorities to use “an awfully big paint brush” to set up arrests based on assumptions.

“In effect, they are saying every Asian massage parlor is part of a sex trafficking ring and that’s outrageous,” Kudman told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. “They are making assumptions based on a particular storyline and not taking the time to look at the particular facts about the individual defendants in these cases.”

The investigation began in October when detectives from the Martin County Sheriff’s Office were investigating prostitution at spas — including the Sequoia Apple Day Spa in Hobe Sound — and told Jupiter police one of the businesses was in their jurisdiction. In November, detectives began their investigation, starting with finding online reviews indicating men could go there for sex, and then outside surveillance watching only men — including a golf cart party of eight — come and go. The investigation also entailed pulling over for traffic violations after they left the spa and having them confess to what went on inside, as well as sorting through the trash for evidence.

Police said 26 men paid Zhang or Wang for them or their employees to perform sex acts.

The most famous name caught up in the sex sting is Robert Kraft, the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots football team, who is being charged with a misdemeanor.

Defense attorneys have blasted police use of the “delayed notice” warrants, otherwise known as “sneak and peak” as an unlawful tactic even though prosecutors have said they are investigating the case as a possible human trafficking.

Criminal defense lawyer Eric Schwartzreich is representing one of the men arrested in Martin County, Broward Fire Capt. Douglas Watler, who he said did not know about illegal activity that went on inside the spas.

That type of warrant was intended by Congress to combat terrorism, he argues.

“Considering that the masseuses and massage parlor owners and patrons were probably not planning to blow up planes in the sky or launch an attack at a concert, using these types of warrants in this case without even exhausting traditional law enforcement surveillance tactics is dangerous,” he said.

“The Fourth Amendment prohibits unlawful searches and seizures, people disrobe in massage parlors … for legitimate purposes, their privacy rights should ensure that they are not being spied on by the government. If human trafficking was a concern, how could the police watch these women be victimized and not stop it right away? They claim the women were being victimized, but rather then put an immediate stop to the victimization, they watch it, like voyeurs?”​

Reactions: nits74
This last paragraph was a point I made earlier in this thread. Much of this had to do with publicity for the police more than anything else.

This last paragraph was a point I made earlier in this thread. Much of this had to do with publicity for the police more than anything else.

The Police had authorized warrants from a Court of Law. They didn't break the law. Attorney attempting to portray lawbreakers as victims...sad very sad.

As they waited, two more women showed up. One of the women, Hua Zhang, told police she lived across the street and“could see what was occurring inside the spa on her cellphone,” which let cops know she had her own cameras set up.
--------------------------------------------------
Criminal defense lawyer Eric Schwartzreich is representing one of the men arrested in Martin County, Broward Fire Capt. Douglas Watler, who he said did not know aboutillegal activity that went on inside the spas. That type of warrant was intended byCongress to combat terrorism, he argues. “Considering that the masseuses andmassage parlor owners and patrons wereprobably not planning to blow up planes inthe sky or launch an attack at a concert,using these types of warrants in this case without even exhausting traditional law enforcement surveillance tactics is dangerous,” he said. “The Fourth Amendment prohibits unlawful searches and seizures, people disrobe inmassage parlors … for legitimate purposes, their privacy rights should ensure that they are not being spied on by the government. If human trafficking was a concern, how could the police watch these women bevictimized and not stop it right away? They claim the women were being victimized, but rather then put an immediate stop to the victimization, they watch it, like voyeurs?”

These 2 comments are interesting. Long before the warrants were issued, the spa was ALREADY RECORDING IN THE ROOMS.
The lawyer does not talk about that.

Getting arrested for solicitation was a tremendous break for Kraft. Pretty easy to see how he might have ended up being blackmailed

Last edited:

These 2 comments are interesting. Long before the warrants were issued, the spa was ALREADY RECORDING IN THE ROOMS.

Getting arrested for solicitation was a tremendous break for Kraft. Pretty easy to see how he might have ended up being blackmailed
I think you may be reading too much into that. My reading of that was that they had a security camera in the lobby that the owner was monitoring via her cell phone. I don't see anything to suggest they (the owners) had cameras in the rooms. In general, recording illegal activities is not a smart business model.

You go into one of those places someone has you on camera. If not the cops, it’s the pervert owner. No Thank you.

If you’re Interested, look up Peace Promise in Mechanicsburg, PA. They are doing good things in the fight against sex trafficking and sex slavery. It’s an uphill battle that needs support.

he claims he didn't do anything- so why doesn't he want proof of his innocence released, I wonder?
"Kraft – who strongly denies knowing that the spa was a house of prostitution – has not accepted the deal, according to sources."

He's going to use the "I thought she was my girlfriend" defense? You can't make this sh*t up!

As they waited, two more women showed up. One of the women, Hua Zhang, told police she lived across the street and“could see what was occurring inside the spa on her cellphone,” which let cops know she had her own cameras set up.
--------------------------------------------------
Criminal defense lawyer Eric Schwartzreich is representing one of the men arrested in Martin County, Broward Fire Capt. Douglas Watler, who he said did not know aboutillegal activity that went on inside the spas. That type of warrant was intended byCongress to combat terrorism, he argues. “Considering that the masseuses andmassage parlor owners and patrons wereprobably not planning to blow up planes inthe sky or launch an attack at a concert,using these types of warrants in this case without even exhausting traditional law enforcement surveillance tactics is dangerous,” he said. “The Fourth Amendment prohibits unlawful searches and seizures, people disrobe inmassage parlors … for legitimate purposes, their privacy rights should ensure that they are not being spied on by the government. If human trafficking was a concern, how could the police watch these women bevictimized and not stop it right away? They claim the women were being victimized, but rather then put an immediate stop to the victimization, they watch it, like voyeurs?”

On the last point, I would imagine he'd have been able to pay off the blackmail for less than $1m. This will cost him far more than that, when it is all said and done.

Certainly Kraft enjoys a unique relationship with his partner who is half his age...
She gets impregnated (not by him) and he gets his wood massaged at Asian massage parlors...

https://people.com/sports/robert-kraft-girlfriend-baby-first-photo/

Ricki Lander gave birth to a daughter last fall, but longtime boyfriend Robert Kraft has confirmed he's not the father, although he supports her and the baby

By
KATHY EHRICH DOWD this link opens in a new tab
May 15, 2018 11:58 AM
Proud new mom Ricki Lander is publicly showing off her “beautiful little angel” for the first time.

The 38-year-old made headlines earlier this year when it was revealed she gave birth to a baby daughter last fall whose biological father is not longtime boyfriend Robert Kraft, the 76-year-old owner of the New England Patriots.

Robert+Kraft+Ricki+Noel+Lander+58th+GRAMMY+lixwNg8Enssl.jpg

file-photo-robert-kraft-is-not-the-father-of-ricki-noel-landers-baby-M67G74.jpg

Yeah, now that they said they will not stop the video from being released. He may be offered not releasing the video if he actually pleads guilty. He pretty much said he was guilty with his apology already. An apology after he 'categorically denied' any wrongdoing.
I will say trying to involve him in anything trafficking-related is pure nonsense.

I will say trying to involve him in anything trafficking-related is pure nonsense.
I don’t see anyone doing that.

To my understanding, the plea-deal he turned down would have kept the tapes out of the public eye. Perhaps he thought that the tapes would leak anyway, eventually. Well, however it plays out, the man’s lost his good name.

ADVERTISEMENT