ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals100 DB Dakaari Nelson commits to Penn State

He was the lead recruiter here who helped land Nelson, he built a great relationship with him from the start and that relationship eventually led to the commitment.
But Zemaitis isn’t a regular coach is he? I wouldn’t think he’d be able to officially recruit

But Zemaitis isn’t a regular coach is he? I wouldn’t think he’d be able to officially recruit
Allen holds the title of assistant recruiting coordinator. Lol

Your post is humorous...
Thanks for the chuckle!

Allen was one of the smartest defensive backs I've ever watch play at the Collegiate level.
He was drafted by Tampa Bay Bucs I think maybe the fourth round or so. And played in the CFL briefly with the Hamilton Tiger Cats I think they're called.

Last edited:
IIRC Alan had that beautiful interception thrown by Smith in the 2005 game against
the Buckeyes at the Beav that lead to a TD. What a night, Alan read the pattern perfectly, came across the field and made the pick. I had a perfect view. What a game and what a night with about 109K in attendance. Rained like heck all day, then cleared up a game time.

Reactions: NC2017
IIRC Alan had that beautiful interception thrown by Smith in the 2005 game against
the Buckeyes at the Beav that lead to a TD. What a night, Alan read the pattern perfectly, came across the field and made the pick. I had a perfect view. What a game and what a night with about 109K in attendance. Rained like heck all day, then cleared up a game time.
Alan could read a play as well and as quickly as anyone. Maybe not the fastest guy on the field or the biggest but he played like the fastest and hit like a linebacker. My guess is he spent a lot of time in the film room honing his craft.

I was at that game, too. The atmosphere was surreal. During the Gameday telecast on ESPN that morning, somebody in the crowd had a sign that read, “A.J. Hawk plays with My Little Pony.” I thought that was awesome.

AZ intercepted Craig Krenzel in 2003, for a touchdown. I was at a OSU campus bar losing my mind

I remember his as someone who could play the entire field, and get the right angle to come off his player and make a tackle across the field. For this reason and his tackling and hitting ability, I thought he was more like a safety than a corner. My understanding is he was injured late in his senior season which may have carried over to the draft prep and into his career-you need to get the reps to make the transition. In any case, I enjoyed watching him play and put some real wood on some opposing players. A nice addition to the coaching staff as we see here.

Reminded me of the old TV show Daktari

daktaritvshow-wordpress-com-daktari-season-cast-with-clarence-the-cross-eyed-lion-in-color.jpg

My understanding is he was injured late in his senior season which may have carried over to the draft prep and into his career-you need to get the reps to make the transition.
I know he was in a pretty bad car accident mid/late in his PSU career which may have contributed to a shortened pro career.

I always liked when George Paterno would add that extra letter r in there....Zermaitis.

ADVERTISEMENT