ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Ronnie Spector

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes 1960s recording star. She married Phil Spector in a marriage of turmoil as Phil Spector was a seriously ill musical genius. She comments on her marriage in linked article.

"Be My Baby" was one of three 1960 classics that has stood the test of time along with "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" and "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers as all 3 songs have been replayed in several movies and commercials throughout the following decades. In fact, I've read several times that "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" was the most played song - on radio - of the 20th century. Our grandkids - and their grandkids - will be listening to these classics after we're all dead and gone

"Be My Baby" was one of three 1960 classics that has stood the test of time along with "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" and "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers as all 3 songs have been replayed in several movies and commercials throughout the following decades. In fact, I've read several times that "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling" was the most played song - on radio - of the 20th century. Our grandkids - and their grandkids - will be listening to these classics after we're all dead and gone
Saw her sing it when she traveled with South Side Johnny and the Asbury Jukes and it was amazing.

Reactions: wolve1972
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT